Start by marking “A Spanish Birthright (Presents Extra)” as Want to Read:
A Spanish Birthright (Presents Extra)

A Spanish Birthright (Presents Extra)

3.05 of 5 stars 3.05  ·  rating details  ·  140 ratings  ·  19 reviews
When plain-Jane Alex McGuire indulged in an innocent flirtation with a staggeringly perfect stranger, she never expected their paths to cross again.Meek and dowdy Alex was the ideal distraction for Gabriel Cruz in his heady playboy days.... But, now that he's running the Cruz family business, frivolous distractions are a thing of the past.

So on Alex's first day of her new
Published March 1st 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Spanish Birthright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Spanish Birthright

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
After reading my last HP, this one pales in comparison. However, it's a good book.

Some of my thoughts:

*I could totally understand why Alex was unhappy with Gabriel's lying to her about his identity. It's probably a 'duh' comment, but I truly hate when people lie to you. It's usually unnecessary. And it makes a future relationship based on trust very difficult. So, I could see Alex's insecurity in her relationship with Gabriel, although I didn't like it. I felt her struggle not to be 'weak' in h
Vanessa
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
A rich man’s lie comes back to haunt him to bring both pain and an unexpected pleasure that will send him careening into personal chaos and love.

When Gabriel was a younger man he wanted to, just once, experience freedom from all his responsibilities and the expected course of his life and succeeded beyond his imagination. The pinnacle of that rebellious action was the meeting of a young woman with whom he had a passionate and wild affair unlike any he’d ever experienced. Being the man that he w
Kate
I didn't think I'd make it through the book because I found the constant bickering and fighting in the first half to be annoying. However, once they started really communicating to sort through their differences and compromise, I began enjoying the book.

I'd almost give it 3 1/2 stars, except for the fact that the hero actually says "You complete me." Yes, I know it's a romance, but I hate the notion that someone can't be a complete and whole person on their own.
Baseballmom
No thank you! d:(

No thank you! d:(

Good thing I have a kindle..... I was turning the pages so fast I'd have gotten paper cuts if it had been a paperback. There was SOOO MUCH internal dialogue.. 2 pgs of internal thoughts then 2 lines of real dialogue! I didn't like the H at all and didn't believe he loved h. I thought this was going to be about revisiting old relationships, building new r/s, H trying to build trust since he lied to her, and falling in love..... not! could have been a good story,
Karen

New boss-love-child scandal! When plain-Jane Alex McGuire indulged in an innocent flirtation with a staggeringly perfect stranger, she never expected their paths to cross again. Meek and dowdy Alex was the ideal distraction for Gabriel Cruz in his heady playboy days- But, since running the Cruz family business has beckoned, frivolous distractions are a thing of the past- So on Alex-s first day of her new job she not only finds her perfect stranger is her boss-but she must tell him that their sh

Rachel
Loved this book. Definitely keeps me wanting more!
HÜLYA
Bu yazarın kalemini seviyorum. Okuduğum hikayelerinin çoğunu beğendim. Sahte Sevgili de bu kitaplar arasına girdi. Romanın erkek kahramanın bencilliği duygusuzluğu beni sinir etti. Bir kadın ile birlikte bir sene sahte isimle birlikte olup ortadan kaybol sonra kendini haklı çıkarmaya çalış...
Neyse bu ayın okunmaya değer romanlarından idi.
Bethany
It was an ok book but god was he arrogant and I hated how she just fell back for him though he ran right over her. I liked how they had quite a few scenes with the littl boy made it a much better book.
Lenore Kosinski
I found this and couldn't remember if I liked it or not and so I reread it....yup, no. Not a Lenore book. Gabriel was unreasonably arrogant and full of himself. Alex was annoying and all over the place. The only good interactions were with Luke -- I tend not to enjoy children in these romance books, but this is where Ms. Williams got it perfectly right...he wasn't annoyingly sickeningly sweet....it was nice normal interactions. And both Gabriel and Alex were great with him. Unfortunately, yeah t ...more
Tia
I found it way too slow and the passion wasn't really there either for me anyways.
Adriana Fogaça
Amantes e Milionários
Criança da Luz
Cathy Williams
H. Paixão 206
2010

Não entendo pq insisto em ler livros onde há mocinhos que são espanhóis.

Se não consigo suportar a arrogância, a prepotência e principalmente o ser possessivo que são.

Pq ainda leio?

Só pode ser, pq sou uma pessoa otimista e acredito que há exceções e esperança, que um dia vou encontrar um livro onde os ditos cujos não sejam insuportável.

Sorry, 2 estrelinhas... meu bom senso não permite mais que isso...
Kitty
Alex starts a new job and within the first week meets the wealthy owner of the company. But she knew him by another name 5 years ago during a summer interlude. He's the father of her son who she could not locate to tell him of her pregnancy. But now he's engaged to be married. Should she tell him?
Shen
Feb 17, 2015 Shen rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone wanting a quick, easy read.
This was a typical Harlequin Romance. It wasn't an amazing story, but enjoyable enough that I got through it without too much difficulty. The characters were ok and their challenges pretty typical for this type of book. I probably will never read it again, but it wasn't an awful read.
Katie Q
This was not one of the best Mills and Boon I have read. In fact I found the storyline quite annoying and a bit of a drag. There are better out there. Whilst I realise these novels are cliche' in many respect this was appallingly so.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Wedlocked!
Category: Classic Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Wedlocked!
Tonya Warner
A nice story.
Somarhita Mukherjee
Somarhita Mukherjee marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Jeanetta
Jeanetta marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
LadyTechie
LadyTechie marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Chhaii Pachuau
Chhaii Pachuau marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Parul Bhutani
Parul Bhutani marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Gaythri
Gaythri marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Maria Pedersen
Maria Pedersen marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Maria Mokomele
Maria Mokomele marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Jessi Kay
Jessi Kay marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Power of the Legendary Greek
  • The Husband She Never Knew
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • Ruthless Russian, Lost Innocence (Harlequin Presents, #2920)
  • In Christofides' Keeping (Modern)
  • To Catch a Thief (The Calamity Janes, #3)
  • Whitehorse
  • Mother, Please!
  • Desert Prince, Bride of Innocence
  • Claimed: The Pregnant Heiress (The Takeover #1)
  • The Boss's Baby Affair
  • At His Majesty's Request (Call of Duty, #2)
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • What the Greek Can't Resist (The Untamable Greeks, #2)
  • At The Greek Boss's Bidding
  • The Sicilian Boss's Mistress (Leopardi Brothers, #2)
  • The Italian's Rightful Bride (Harlequin Romance, No. 3855)
Cathy Williams was born in the island of Trinidad, the West Indies. She is a great believer in the power of perseverance as she had never written anything before (apart from school essays a lifetime ago!) and from the starting point of zero has now fulfilled her ambition to pursue this most enjoyable of careers. She would encourage any would-be writer to have faith and go for it!

She has been writi
More about Cathy Williams...
Taken By Her Greek Boss At the Greek Tycoon's Bidding The Secret Sinclair (Mills & Boon Modern) His Virgin Secretary The Italian's Pregnant Mistress