Start by marking “A Spanish Birthright (Presents Extra)” as Want to Read:
A Spanish Birthright (Presents Extra)

A Spanish Birthright (Presents Extra)

When plain-Jane Alex McGuire indulged in an innocent flirtation with a staggeringly perfect stranger, she never expected their paths to cross again.Meek and dowdy Alex was the ideal distraction for Gabriel Cruz in his heady playboy days.... But, now that he's running the Cruz family business, frivolous distractions are a thing of the past.

So on Alex's first day of her new
Published March 1st 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Spanish Birthright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Spanish Birthright

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
After reading my last HP, this one pales in comparison. However, it's a good book.

Some of my thoughts:

*I could totally understand why Alex was unhappy with Gabriel's lying to her about his identity. It's probably a 'duh' comment, but I truly hate when people lie to you. It's usually unnecessary. And it makes a future relationship based on trust very difficult. So, I could see Alex's insecurity in her relationship with Gabriel, although I didn't like it. I felt her struggle not to be 'weak' in h
Vanessa
Sep 06, 2011 Vanessa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
A rich man’s lie comes back to haunt him to bring both pain and an unexpected pleasure that will send him careening into personal chaos and love.

When Gabriel was a younger man he wanted to, just once, experience freedom from all his responsibilities and the expected course of his life and succeeded beyond his imagination. The pinnacle of that rebellious action was the meeting of a young woman with whom he had a passionate and wild affair unlike any he’d ever experienced. Being the man that he w
Baseballmom
Aug 08, 2014 Baseballmom rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No thank you! d:(

No thank you! d:(

Good thing I have a kindle..... I was turning the pages so fast I'd have gotten paper cuts if it had been a paperback. There was SOOO MUCH internal dialogue.. 2 pgs of internal thoughts then 2 lines of real dialogue! I didn't like the H at all and didn't believe he loved h. I thought this was going to be about revisiting old relationships, building new r/s, H trying to build trust since he lied to her, and falling in love..... not! could have been a good story,
Kate
Mar 20, 2011 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't think I'd make it through the book because I found the constant bickering and fighting in the first half to be annoying. However, once they started really communicating to sort through their differences and compromise, I began enjoying the book.

I'd almost give it 3 1/2 stars, except for the fact that the hero actually says "You complete me." Yes, I know it's a romance, but I hate the notion that someone can't be a complete and whole person on their own.
Rachel
Apr 04, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Definitely keeps me wanting more!
Tia
Feb 23, 2014 Tia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found it way too slow and the passion wasn't really there either for me anyways.
Vintage
I found the hero to be absolutely hysterical in this book. Yes, he wears the ass hat of a ye ole Harlequin hero, but he is quite the charmer and he totally owns his dastardly ways.

Five years ago our hero had an affair with the down to earth and very straight forward Alex. Unfortunately, Gabriel lied through his teeth about, well, everything. Everything from his name, his occupation and his financial status. Alex ends up pregnant, but meets him years later as she is working for his company. Of c
Lenore Kosinski
Aug 29, 2012 Lenore Kosinski rated it did not like it
Shelves: harlequin
I found this and couldn't remember if I liked it or not and so I reread it....yup, no. Not a Lenore book. Gabriel was unreasonably arrogant and full of himself. Alex was annoying and all over the place. The only good interactions were with Luke -- I tend not to enjoy children in these romance books, but this is where Ms. Williams got it perfectly right...he wasn't annoyingly sickeningly sweet....it was nice normal interactions. And both Gabriel and Alex were great with him. Unfortunately, yeah t ...more
Karen

New boss-love-child scandal! When plain-Jane Alex McGuire indulged in an innocent flirtation with a staggeringly perfect stranger, she never expected their paths to cross again. Meek and dowdy Alex was the ideal distraction for Gabriel Cruz in his heady playboy days- But, since running the Cruz family business has beckoned, frivolous distractions are a thing of the past- So on Alex-s first day of her new job she not only finds her perfect stranger is her boss-but she must tell him that their sh

Rachael Albert
I loathe and despise an insecure, whiny woman who doesn't know her own brain, and can't speak up for herself. HONESTLY, I was poised to liking this book, the guy wasn't an asshat that tried to get custody, he wasn't judgmental and go all You bitch on her for not trying harder to locate him. Although him not owning up to his deception and using her not being rich so she won't understand was a coward douche move but Whatever.

Honestly though I really wanted to slap the girl.... Like grow a pair!! S
Dorothea Müller
Lucio … Ihr charmanter Habenichts Lucio ist der mächtige Gabriel Cruz? Alexandra soll nur als Shoppingbegleitung von Chef seine Verlobte sein. Als sie Gabriel gegenübersteht und in ihm Lucio sieht. Ihr erste große Liebe und der Vater ihres Kindes.

Eine süße und nette Liebesgeschichte für zwischendurch. Hier kann man für ein paar Stunden abtauchen und einfach nur an die Liebe glauben. Total kitschig, romantisch und rührselig. Alexandra und Gabriel sind ein interessantes Paar, das total süß ist. Au
Adriana Fogaça
Amantes e Milionários
Criança da Luz
Cathy Williams
H. Paixão 206
2010

Não entendo pq insisto em ler livros onde há mocinhos que são espanhóis.

Se não consigo suportar a arrogância, a prepotência e principalmente o ser possessivo que são.

Pq ainda leio?

Só pode ser, pq sou uma pessoa otimista e acredito que há exceções e esperança, que um dia vou encontrar um livro onde os ditos cujos não sejam insuportável.

Sorry, 2 estrelinhas... meu bom senso não permite mais que isso...
HÜLYA
Sep 07, 2014 HÜLYA rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bu yazarın kalemini seviyorum. Okuduğum hikayelerinin çoğunu beğendim. Sahte Sevgili de bu kitaplar arasına girdi. Romanın erkek kahramanın bencilliği duygusuzluğu beni sinir etti. Bir kadın ile birlikte bir sene sahte isimle birlikte olup ortadan kaybol sonra kendini haklı çıkarmaya çalış...
Neyse bu ayın okunmaya değer romanlarından idi.
Kitty
Sep 20, 2011 Kitty rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Alex starts a new job and within the first week meets the wealthy owner of the company. But she knew him by another name 5 years ago during a summer interlude. He's the father of her son who she could not locate to tell him of her pregnancy. But now he's engaged to be married. Should she tell him?
Katie Q
May 05, 2011 Katie Q rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was not one of the best Mills and Boon I have read. In fact I found the storyline quite annoying and a bit of a drag. There are better out there. Whilst I realise these novels are cliche' in many respect this was appallingly so.
Bethany
Jun 28, 2015 Bethany rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was an ok book but god was he arrogant and I hated how she just fell back for him though he ran right over her. I liked how they had quite a few scenes with the littl boy made it a much better book.
I am Gamz
Feb 17, 2015 I am Gamz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone wanting a quick, easy read.
This was a typical Harlequin Romance. It wasn't an amazing story, but enjoyable enough that I got through it without too much difficulty. The characters were ok and their challenges pretty typical for this type of book. I probably will never read it again, but it wasn't an awful read.
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Chloe
Chloe rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2014
Dipti Dattatray More
Dipti Dattatray More rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2013
Huma
Huma rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2012
Rach Everitt
Rach Everitt rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2015
Amy Hart
Amy Hart rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2016
Daca
Daca rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2014
Terrakeli
Terrakeli rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Mel
Mel rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2011
Makayla Miner-memmen
Makayla Miner-memmen rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2013
Lynn
Lynn rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Samde
Samde rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Power of the Legendary Greek
  • Ruthless Russian, Lost Innocence
  • At The Greek Boss's Bidding
  • To Catch a Thief (The Calamity Janes, #3)
  • The Husband She Never Knew
  • Whitehorse
  • In Christofides' Keeping
  • Desert Prince, Bride of Innocence
  • The Inherited Bride
  • The Ruthless Caleb Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #2)
  • Claimed: The Pregnant Heiress (The Takeover, #1)
  • What the Greek Can't Resist (The Untamable Greeks, #2)
  • Love at First Sight
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Public Marriage, Private Secrets
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • His Christmas Virgin
  • A Bride for Kolovsky (House of Kolovsky #5)
Cathy Williams was born in the island of Trinidad, the West Indies. She is a great believer in the power of perseverance as she had never written anything before (apart from school essays a lifetime ago!) and from the starting point of zero has now fulfilled her ambition to pursue this most enjoyable of careers. She would encourage any would-be writer to have faith and go for it!

She has been writi
More about Cathy Williams...