Start by marking “Poison Kissed” as Want to Read:
Poison Kissed

Poison Kissed (The Shadowfae Chronicles #3)

Mina is a banshee whose greatest power lies in her siren song. She's beholden to her boss Joey, a snake-shifter who once saved her life and now employs her as a gang enforcer. She refuses to upset the fragile balance between them by admitting that she longs for him, that his embrace is the only thing she craves more than revenge for her mother's death…
When Mina learns tha
Published September 28th 2010 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published September 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Poison Kissed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poison Kissed

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Favorite Quote:”God, he kissed like I felt, desperate and ripped raw with tension and hurt...”

Mina is a sexy hard ass banshee who welds her deadly siren voice with the skill of a assassin as an enforcer for Joey DiLuca; a snakeshifter mob boss. Mina owes everything to Joey. He saved her life as a young girl when her mother was brutally murdered and has protected her all these years.

Mina loves Joey with a passion that borders on obsession but her inability to deal with that attraction has her sta
Archer
Back Cover:

Mina may be a powerful banshee, but she was nothing but a drug-addled prostitute when Joey rescued her from slavery. That was five years ago, and today Joey is the new head of a gang with Mina as his bodyguard. They’ve always felt a forbidden attraction for each other, but Joey is ashamed of his other self – he’s a snake-shapeshifter – and Mina doesn’t have a clue how much he truly cares. While Joey’s underlings plot a coup, Mina is shaken when her fragmented memories reveal that Joe
Shinyfox
May 25, 2013 Shinyfox rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

This book was interesting at first. I enjoyed the descriptions about how a banshee's song feels and interacts magically with the banshee herself. I enjoyed the characters; Joey in particular just had me twisting excitedly to learn more about his character and past. There was a switch between first and third person depending on the chapters (first person will ALWAYS be Mina, third person will be the others). That threw me for a loop at first, but I got into the pattern and it became less
FasterKillFastPussycat
Eleni Konstantine
Wow, another dark, gritty instalment to the Shadowfae Chronicles. We learn more about Mina, the Banshee and Joey, the crime boss (snake shifter). These characters are dark and belong to the Gangland world but they have growing emotions and morals despite this. Life is hard in their world and while there has always been attraction, Joey has kept Mina at a distance. Mina is looking for her mother's killer from long ago. Her world is shattered when she finally tracks down the killer, which may be h ...more
Nita
Dec 15, 2010 Nita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One word that comes to mind when I read this series is... gross. Hayes is not afraid to write about bodily fluids, and not just the sexy fluids. The character in the first book of this series pukes many many times. But it's the characters that keep me reading and enjoying this series. The characters are so flawed, make such stupid mistakes, are beautifully twisted, and are just plain fun. Hayes works these characters hard before they get their happily ever after at the end. If you are looking fo ...more
Vick
Is it okay that I liked the Kane bits the most? That's me always loving the side stories.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Mina and Joey's angsty-ass romance..from the tidbits in Shadowglass to the last chapters of this book, but I think a little less angst-butter might've spread a little bit better than spoonfuls of angst-butter. Sorry for the stupid analogy but less is more some times dammit!! Just a little.

T.
Feb 13, 2013 T. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I picked it up at a local bookstore and I was very impressed. I am a huge Andrew Vachss fan, and the writing style had the same sharp brutality, using spare words and description to tell the story. The writing style and violence may not be to everyone's taste, but I found the writing to be above average and the story fresh. Definitely want to read more from this author.
Darcy
After an ok 1st book, a really bad 2nd book, this one was going to be a make or break book for me in this series. I only made it 40 pages in before I gave this one up. Mina wasn't very interesting, too much an robot, waiting to be told what to do. I couldn't handle getting through a boring story, this one just wasn't for me.
Amanda The Book Slayer
I was not a huge fan of this book. It started out awesome. It was like a mix between tithe and Unholy Ghost. I thought , ' Hey here is an adult Fae book that will span past teen life.' I was wrong. It was too out there for me. It was all about Fae gang life. I would not recommend this book.
Marianna
Jan 25, 2011 Marianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Both interesting and overwhelming to the writer in me. A little too repetitive for my liking. And there wasn't hell of a lot going on, but I enjoyed reading it.
Amber
Dec 18, 2011 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Urban fantasy about the fae. Utterly beautiful in its protrayal of decay and decadence. I really enjoyed its gritty glittery feel. Strongly recommend reading.
Claudia Scheinecker
OK i HAVE read about 70 or so pages of this. I promise before i die i will finish it!
Sophia (FV)
This one is a little too dark for me I think.
Kim Fontilla
Kim Fontilla marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
biltung
biltung marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Onyx
Onyx marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Soudarak Ladarom
Soudarak Ladarom marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Heather Mawhorr
Heather Mawhorr marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jul 27, 2016
Kw
Kw marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Doras K
Doras K marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Sarah added it
Jun 21, 2016
Danielle Franklin
Danielle Franklin rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2016
Adrienne
Adrienne marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Fransie
Fransie marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Deyara
Deyara marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
  • The Lone Warrior (The Four-Sided Pentacle, #3)
  • Death's Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren #2)
  • Chaos Born (Chronicles from the Applecross #1)
  • Cruel Enchantment (Dark Magick, #2)
  • This Is Your Afterlife
  • Vampaholic (Darkheart & Crosse Trilogy #2)
  • Magical Gains
  • Assassin's Heart (Order of the Sicari, #2)
  • Captive (The Druid Chronicles, #2)
  • Skin Dive (Skin, #4)
  • Stone-Cold Lover (Winged and Dangerous, #1)
  • Mists of Velvet (Annwyn Chronicles, #2)
  • Awakening the Warriors (The Darkon Warrior Series #1.5)
  • Forged Of Shadows (Marked Souls #2)
  • An Elemental Tail
  • Burning Bridges (Retrievers, #4)
  • Blood Kin (The Half-Light City, #2)
  • Bound By Sin (Cin Craven, #3)
2922003
Erica Hayes was a law student, an air force officer, an editorial assistant and a musician, before finally landing her dream job: fantasy writer. She writes dark paranormal romance, urban fantasy and romantic science fiction, and her books feature tough, smart heroines and colorful heroes with dark secrets.

She hails from Australia, where she drifts from city to city, leaving a trail of chaos behin
More about Erica Hayes...

The Shadowfae Chronicles (6 books)
  • Shadowfae (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #1)
  • Shadowglass (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #2)
  • Blood Cursed (Shadowfae Chronicles, #4)
  • Cherry Kisses (Shadowfae)
  • Demon Chained (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #5)