Start by marking “The Pyramid Of Doom (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Pyramid Of Doom (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #5)

The Pyramid Of Doom (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase #5)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  2,209 ratings  ·  96 reviews

Published (first published November 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Pyramid Of Doom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pyramid Of Doom

I have not read any of Andy McDermott's work before, so I was unaware that this was a series of books. So I have came in when the characters are already down along the path of being developed.
There are lots of explosions, lots of broken bones, lots of bad guys, the obligatory useless Hollywood action here (think Charlie's Angels, lots of references to Indy, Lara and and you have a book screaming out make me into a movie.
To be honest, this book was not my cup of tea. I was disappointed with char
Barbara ★
Though I own the first five books in this series, this is the first one I've actually read simply because I needed it to complete a challenge. Unfortunately for Mr. McDermott, it comes directly on the tail of me reading two excellent thrillers last month - The Alexandria Link and The Six Sacred Stones which were far superior to this book. I love anything to do with archaeology especially Egyptian. However this book doesn't actually have any excavating. Oh sure, there is a dig at the beginning bu ...more
Hayley Shaver
This was a great book. A vast television audience waits for archaeologists to break into a long hidden vault beneath the Sphinx. Student Macy has discovered a religious cult raiding the site. They want the map inside the vault- - leading to the lost pyramid of Osiris. Framed and in danger, Macy goes on the run. Blacklsted and famous American archaeologist Nina Wilde receives her plea for help. Nina, Eddie, and Macy will go on the ultimate treasure hunt. If they find the pyramid, they will uncove ...more
Mark Easter

An international TV audience waits breathlessly as archaeologists prepare to break into a long-hidden vault beneath the Great Sphinx. But student Macy Sharif has already made her own shocking discovery: a religious cult raiding the site. Their prize? A map that will lead to something far more astounding: the lost pyramid of Osiris. Framed by corrupt officials, Macy goes on the run, trying to reach the only

Okay, their back. Eddie and Nina’s relationship is back on track. And I love it. There’s a little sniping, but that’s normal in a relationship. Not having so many of Eddie’s female ‘friends’ around helps also.

This adventure is as exciting as the first ones were. Now that we’ve gotten rid of the ex-wife and the horrible boss. But the theme of a millionaire declaring himself a god and trying to take over the world is getting old! There’s got to be other situations that give our team problems.

Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*
Back with my guilty pleasure books. This time it's book #5 but i did stop buying this one, so i'm accepting congrats.

Andy's McDermott style doesn't really change. He keeps his Hollywood production book to create an adventure, once again with explosions, treachery, evil guys and well..everything that was in the previous books too. As i've said before, it's the usual Nina finds something, bad guys they hunt, they try to save the world, bad guys catch Nina, Nina helps them, Eddie saves her, there i
Tara (box5angel)
Apr 18, 2011 Tara (box5angel) rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of action/adventure, lost treasure, a tiny bit of romance, myster
Recommended to Tara (box5angel) by: nobody
Stephen Theaker
Nina Wilde, all-action archaeologist, has put away her pony-tail following the pyrrhic conclusion of a previous adventure and languishes in professional disgrace. Her ex-SAS husband Eddie Chase, a balding Yorkshireman with a weak line in post-kill puns, makes ends meet as a bodyguard to the stars. Things are slow, but soon they'll run into Macy Sharif, "a broomstick with two watermelons taped to it". She knows the secret of the Sphinx and the evil international cult of Osiris is after her.

What t
I've loved the first few books in the series, so much so that I actually went to the trouble of tracking down the UK versions so I didn't have to wait for the US releases to catch up. Up until this book, I'd been pretty happy to continue on with that pattern. I have to say, I was rather disappointed by this entry into the series & I think that from here out, I'll just wait for the US releases since we should be completely caught up by the end of this year.

Following up on the events of the pr
It was like watching an Indiana Jones Movie !!

And that's because of all the detailed action sequences in the book.

I picked this one solely because I am through a phase where cults, secret societies, religious orders have become my obsession. After Dan Brown, I experimented with James Rollins who kept me happy but Andy fails to do the same.

The book is not at all boring, because it keeps you hooked right till the end. This must have been the fastest that i ever read. But I guess my appetite for th
Aislynn (Stitch Read Cook)
Well Nina and Eddie definitely got themselves into trouble this time! These two always get into the most interesting of situations - gun fights, car chases... you name it they've probably done it!

I love this series. I picked up the first book "The Hunt for Atlantis" on a recommendation from my Mom who totally loved it. I was hooked! I've since bought all the books that are available.. waiting patiently for the next one to arrive later this spring.

In this book we get to see a different side of Ni
Forgotten Realms Queen
One of my favorites so far as it deals with Egyptian lore.

Nina and Chase go looking for the tomb of the Egyptian god-king Osiris, which if found to be real, would turn the mythology of Egypt on it's head.

I like that it has a happy ending. Nina gets pretty much everything that she wants in the end.

I really liked how it wasn't Nina who started the whole thing this time. It was actually another young woman, an archeology student who greatly admired Nina ironically enough. She noticed something was
Fun fact: In college, before I settled on my major’s concentration, ancient Greek culture, I was leaning towards Egyptology, and specifically the religious emphasis in ancient Egyptian society. But really, that’s just a smarty pants way o saying I was over the moon for the religious stories and myths. So anything Egyptian in general, even though I did go the way of Greek culture, is an A+ for me. However, this book wasn’t.

I always, and I mean always, read these books for the plot. That’s the poi
There's a danger of repetition and formula creeping into Andy McDermott's fifth Wilde/Chase novel, though that might seem a silly comment - surely every one of his books has added up to the same concoction? Well yes I suppose they have, but The Cult of Osiris - while as bags of fun as you've come to expect from the author - is just a little close to his first, still unmatched book The Hunt for Atlantis, and threatens to derail what is a perfectly fun, escapist plot.

The shared DNA is clear. A cra
I do love me some good action novels and I feel that with this the author returns to a fun series with another enjoyable thrill ride.

As always the villains are a bit transparent but it doesn't really matter as the point of these books isn't to give a deep and meaningful story but rather to make things explode, preferably helicopters. I do have to say that I am proud to say that I figured out at least one of the twists that happened. It's not that it was obvious, it's that it happened in an epis
Star (The Bibliophilic Book Blog)
Following up on the events of the previous book, this book finds Eddie and Nina falling on hard times and the entire world now views Nina as a joke. When college student Macy contacts Nina claiming to have pictures of a tablet that could lead to one of the biggest discoveries yet: the tomb of the Egyptian god Osiris. Unfortunately there's also a powerful cult full of influential people standing in the way, people who are more than willing to eliminate anyone who gets in their way.

I've enjoyed th
I actually enjoyed this one more than most of the other books. I found it to be more continually engaging than the previous novels and the addition of Macy's character really helps balance out the love/sniping between Nina and Eddie. It restored my faith in these books a bit.

Addition: I realised a big part of why I enjoyed this book more; most of the archaeologically significant sites and artefacts remain mostly undamaged.
S.L. Plankers
I still am enjoying this fast paced series of almost non stopped action. The plot is basic for the ones I have read but it doesn't matter as you want to know how Eddie and Nina survive another do or die situation to save the world.
I have started another book, so what can I say.
Matteo Pellegrini
McDermott si conferma un ottimo autore di romanzi d'avventura catapultandoci in questa nuova avventura della coppia Wilde/Chase questa volta alla ricerca della fantomatica piramide di Osiride il ReDio

La tensione è palpabile già dalle prime pagine e questa volta le cose sembrano un po' più complicate del solito per via dello status quo venutosi a creare alla fine del libro precedente, ma i due non si fermeranno di fronte a queste "piccole difficoltà" e tra inseguimenti mozzafiato, esplosione e ro
Anwesh Ganguli
Andy McDermott is a great thriller writer. But i was disappointed with this particular one. I didnt get the feel of AM's writting in this particular installment. But then again its AM we are talking about. So gonna look out for the next book.
Technically I read the American paperback version called, "The Pyramid of Doom", but lets assume the content is the same.
This book was exactly what you'd expect it to be: a not-particularly deep, entertaining read.
The tone is what really gives this book legs, in my opinion, in that it never takes itself too seriously, a la Indiana Jones. Eddie especially made me laugh out loud multiple times.
Different, probably, from most readers, but I enjoy the "figuring out clues and ancient booby traps" par
David Jones
Sadly missed out on 2-4 of the Wild/Chase saga, but that doesn't really matter. Whilst having hints of what had happened previously, with no major story arc, it's easy to get straight back into the world of Nina and Eddie.
Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase are back - and their adventures are more dangerous than ever!

Beneath the Great Sphinx of Egypt lies the Hall of Records, a repository of ancient knowledge long thought to be legend. But on the eve of its opening, archaeology student Macy Sharif discovers a religious cult raiding its treasures, determined to find the location of the mythical Pyramid of Osiris - a discovery that could cost her life.

Nina and Eddie have problems of their own - until Macy's plea for help th
I definitely think this was better the the last book, and while the plot seemed a little... Out there, Andy managed to make it seem believable in a sense. I think Nina matured a little in this book and I have to say I Like Macy as a new addition. The action scenes were really good and I'm excited to read the next.
Mark Bond
Ancient Egypt, a mad cult leader bent on world domination? What else but an Andy McDermott, Eddie Chase and Nina Wilde novel? The usual non stop action scenes and cheeky banter! Read it!
Juli Mor
This one was fun and I liked the addition of Macy. So far still having fun with this series while I'm on vacation. Fun adventuresome, light romance and intrigue...
Yet another great book in this series. A perfect mix of action, history and myth. Perfect for anyone who likes Indiana Jones, the Librarian TV movies or the National Treasure movies.
Alexander Petkovski
Another great one in the series. Andy McDermott is my go to author for fun and exciting read. This one wasn't the best because the action scenes were overwhelming. Still, I'm excited for the next book in the series.
Natina El
Wilde Chase indeed, by far the craziest villains so far. Nice to see Nina show off some of her "Chase" skills.
  • The Eden Legacy (Daniel Knox, #4)
  • The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
  • The Gods Of Atlantis (Jack Howard, #6)
  • The Gilded Seal (Tom Kirk, #3)
  • The Death Relic (Jonathon Payne & David Jones, #7)
  • The Vault (Tyler Locke, #2)
  • The Lost Relic (Ben Hope #6)
  • Primeval (Event Group Thriller #5)
  • The Lazarus Vault
  • Sphinx
  • Black Rain (Hawker & Laidlaw, #1)
Andy McDermott was born in Halifax, West Yorkshire, and now lives in Bournemouth. As a journalist and magazine editor, amongst other titles he edited DVD Review and the iconoclastic film publication Hotdog. Andy is now a full-time writer.
More about Andy McDermott...

Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1)
  • The Tomb of Hercules (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #2)
  • The Secret Of Excalibur (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #3)
  • The Covenant Of Genesis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #4)
  • The Sacred Vault (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #6)
  • Empire Of Gold (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #7)
  • Temple Of The Gods (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #8)
  • The Valhalla Prophecy (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase #9)
  • Kingdom of Darkness (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #10)
  • The Revelation Code (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #11)
The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1) The Tomb of Hercules (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #2) The Covenant Of Genesis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #4) The Secret Of Excalibur (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #3) The Sacred Vault (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #6)