Start by marking “Vampire Knight, Vol. 4” as Want to Read:
Vampire Knight, Vol. 4

Vampire Knight, Vol. 4 (Vampire Knight #4)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  12,036 ratings  ·  154 reviews
Maria menawarkan cara untuk menolong Zero agar tidak menjadi vampir "Level E". Namun, sebagai imbalannya, Yuki harus menyerahkan diri pada Maria atau membunuh Kuran! Tapi, Yuki lebih memilih menawarkan darahnya sendiri kepada Maria. Akankah Maria berhasil mencapai tujuannya di Cross Academy?
Published September 2010 by PT Elex Media Komputindo (first published October 5th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Knight, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Knight, Vol. 4

Nic
I love this series more and more with each installment. I need to buy the rest of the series immediately ~runs and checks piggy bank~

My favourite quotes:

"Maybe the reason I managed to live on for so long...is because you were always by side" Zero

"I can't afford to lose you." Kaname

And here are some images for your enjoyment
Zero and Yuki <3
description

Kaname
description
Arlene
This series keeps getting better and better and Vampire Knight 4 is no exception! I loved this installment. Some of the artwork where Zero and Yuki were depicted together were absolutely magical!

I loved the scene where Zero was tutoring Yuki and she notices something is wrong with him. I just stared at those pages because they were drawn so beautifully. Matsuri Hino is truly a master of her craft, no doubt! The detail and thought she puts into her characters, drawings and scenes is shear perfec
Jody Mena
As beautiful and dramatic as ever, this is the quintessential gothic vampire romance manga. This book was wonderful in my opinion. There was quite a lot of plot advancement, at least compared to previous books. A number of new twists evolved in the plot, and a number of burning questions were answered, though mostly just with more questions. The revelation that Shizuka has come to Cross Academy - and that she is Zero's master - and that Zero's brother is also her slave - and that Headmaster Cros ...more
Nane
Me ha encantado este volumen!!!
Jacqueline

HOLY! EPIC! STUFF!

So you know how last volume I said, "Pfft. Who needs plot. GIMME FEELS!" Well, as much as emo-awesome as Volume 3 was, that's how fan-damn-tastic Volume 4 rocked the house down! I don't want to spoil it for you but OH MY GOD (view spoiler) and yeah.

There is a LOT going on story-wise with Volume 4. It is non-copious-stop from opening page and I swear there's like five subplot
Kate
Zero knows the mysterious transfer student. She says her name is Maria, but Zero knows she is the one who killed his family, because she bit him and now they have a blood bond. Unfortunately, this blood bond also makes it impossible for Zero to kill her, as he intended. Yuki witnesses the battle between the two, but after Kaname erases her memories of the incident, Yuki decides she must save Zero from becoming a Level E vampire. At the school ball, Yuki leaves to track down Maria and save Zero.

T
LastBreath
Okay, you maybe thinking "What's wrong with this person, does she only read Mangas?!" The quickest answer would be, yes.

Volume 4 is definitely the favourite thus far. This delves deeper into Zeros past. More so , you meet the person responsible for his current affliction - Shizuka-Hio. In order for a human to become a Vampire, they must be bitten by a Pureblood. But this Pureblood is an enigma, even amongst her own kind. However the greatest revelation is the appearance of Zeros long lost kin.

Ka
Dani
This is getting crazy stupid up in here!

I wasn't surprised at the "twist" with Maria Kurenai and Zero's background. It seemed obvious to me since she was mentioned. I loved Kaname's outrage and his whole - "we're pure bloods" honor - MK doesn't seem the type to care about treating anyone well. I'm glad the twist wasn't dragged out or hinted at for volumes before being revealed.

Zero's reaction to the twist was stupid and inane. What does he think he can do? He can't seem to face the realities of
Séverine
-Flashback-

« Une nouvelle élève rejoint la Night Class, Maria Kurenai, mais elle a tout de la fille complètement louche. Pour que Kaname demande à ce que Takuma s'occupe d'elle et que Zero ai envie de la tuer au moment même où il la croise, il y a forcément quelque chose qui ne va pas chez elle. Si c'est bien le cas, les prochains tomes risquent d'être beaucoup plus mouvementés que les premiers, un petit coup de pied à l'histoire ça ne fera pas de mal ! »

Et bah j'avais raison ! Et bah j'avais ra
Veronica Ika
The story gets more interesting by now.

It turns out that the new student is actually Shizuka Hiou, a pureblood vampire who had bitten and turned Zero into a vampire and killed all his families, borrowing her body. The princess shows her true self in front of Zero and Yuki and tells her that she can save Zero from becoming a Level E vampire.

But she wants Yuki to do something for her before she saves Zero, and it’s either Yuki gives herself to the princess or she brings the corpse of Kuran Kaname.
Michelle E.
This series is just going to continue to get high marks from me. I think the sooner we all accept that, the happier we'll be. In this volume, Zero meets two people from his past, and Kaname seems to have a hidden agenda.

[Reread.]
Nina Life of a Bookworm
Ne znam koji mi je drazi... Zero ili Kaname?? XD
Lesedelfin
Strangerealms
MissAnnThrope
27 February 2013

My memory is so shoddy lately that it would seem I have early stages of dementia. It's only been a couple of months since I've read the third volume, but I could barely remember who the characters are in Vampire Knight, Vol. 4. Honestly, the tense moment between Zero and Yuki when he tutors her made me not even give a hoot who all the other characters are. I really enjoy the tension between those two and hope it intensifies further.

(view spoiler)
Nick
Overall Rating: B+
Synopsis: Cross Academy is a prestigious private school with a secret. The student body is divided into two classes: the Day Class, which is made up of mortals, and the Night Class, which consists of vampires. Most of the students and staff at the school have no idea this is going on, and apparently think it's normal for a bunch of bishounen to hang out only at night. Despite this, the manga is pulled off well. It focuses on Yuki Cross, adopted daughter of the headmaster, and
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Το τέταρτο τεύχος της σειράς ανταποκρίνεται στα επεισόδια 9 έως τα μισά του 12ου και στις νύχτες 15 έως 19. Η παρουσία της Maria Kurenai στην σχολή έχει γίνει αισθητή, πολύ περισσότερο δε όταν αυτή αποφασίζει να αρχίσει να σουλατσάρει στον χώρο της πρωινής τάξης προκαλώντας αναστάτωση. Ο Aido, που έχει καταλάβει τι είναι στην πραγματικότητα ο Zero, έχει μια συζήτηση μαζί του σχετικά με τον παρελθόν του αλλά και με το ποια είναι πραγματικά η Maria. Ο Zero με την Yuki έχουν μια ακόμα τρυφερή σκηνή ...more
Amy Keeley
Kaitlin
Well, THAT was remedied quickly!

I really, really, really thought that (view spoiler), aka: the woman (view spoiler) would have A LOT bigger role. Guess I was wrong!

Huh...

It's safe to say this manga moves fast. No beating around the bush. I'm surprised that (view spoiler) so early on in the series. I assumed she would be a central (view spoiler) for t
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Maria, the new student, has set Zero and Kaname on edge, for different reasons. Both are desperate to keep Yuki away from Maria. But Yuki is tired of being protected - she even deigns to scold Kaname. Maria is definitely not at Cross Academy for academic ambitions. She wants to get rid of Kaname and use Zero and Yuki as puppets. There are some great action scenes towards the end of this book as things begin to play out between Zero and Maria.

Yuki demonstrates once again how daring and selfless s
Rachelvalle
* VAMPIRE READ THIS; IS OKAY HUMANS!!!

This one is turning gewsy as Maria has a secret between her and her unushual body and Zero sences something wrong with her.

Maria has settled a nasty deal between her and Yuki, but two disishions Yuki can not choes till later after a ball between her and Kaname.

Zero also has gotten more blood out of human Yuki Cross; and she can tell somethings going wrong with Zero brinking more blood then ushual.

Till after Yuki left the ball from dancing with Kaname, s
Summer
This series just keeps getting more and more convoluted and ridiculous the more that I read it. For a few reasons...

The art really isn't all that great. Yeah, they are all pretty in a typical shoujo style, but the artist can't vary from like 2 facial types so it's near impossible to tell who is who without having them state their names every time. It doesn't help that all the male vampires wear practically the same uniform either.

The storyline is every bad vampire cliche rolled into one. The sch
Apple12350
I really liked this volume! Who knew Maria Kurenai was Shizuka Hio! Wow. It was really brave of Yuuki to sacrifice herself to her to save Zero! I didn't really quite believe that Ichiru was Zero's twin brother till I remembered in the previous chapters/volumes it was mentioned when Zero told Yuuki about it. I don't really believe that Ichiru actually loves Shizuka...Could he? Does he? Maybe he does...
Soobie's heartbroken
Urca, comincio già a perdermi nella storia... L'arrivo di Maria Kurenai mi ha un po' confuso le idee.

E Yuki che vuole farsi mordicchiare da tutti, poi, non la capisco. Avevi appena promesso a Zero che ti saresti donata solo a lui e già cambi idea?! Come sono volubili queste donne. ^__^

Ma continuiamo a leggere...

Jenny
[Ch. 15-19]

OMG, I loved the beginning of this volume at the dance. I love Yuuki and Kaname. They're like my favorite couple now. While I was reading it, I had tingles in my whole body. So much that I was shaking.

In other news, Zero has a twin brother. Interesting? Why, yes. It's rather annoying to tell you the truth. I honestly can't tell which vampire from each other, and now I gotta know who this new guy is.. (although he disappeared at the end).

The scene between Shikuza (I think that's her na
Grace G
I thought this book had a lot of action an adventure it also had it's own love story behind it. There was also some really cool villains in this story but I wish I would have seen more on Kuran Kaname. If there were some more action between Yuki and the headmaster because he is her "Father".
Morgan
SOME SPOILERS** This volume was my favorite. Zero's condition worsens and he must lean on the small but mighty Yuki. This was when I wished for them to be together most. Aside from that, Maria reveals more about herself to Zero. This all comes together to create a wonderful and exciting volume.
Slayermel
Things are definitely heating up as we get further and further into the story. Yuki has been warned by Zero to stay away from Maria the new student who just transferred into the night class. Zero won’t tell Yuki the history he has with Maria, or at least that is who Maria really is. The night class is also keeping a very close watch on her as she’s playing all sorts of games with them and they just know she’s up to something.

I really love the relationship between Zero and Yuki, and even though
LINCCReviews
A must read Manga series! It's seriously amazing... The T.V show is crap compared to the books (I probably would have liked it if I would have watched it first). You really have to read this one! (faithclararose)
  • Chibi Vampire, Vol. 03
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 21 (Fruits Basket, #21)
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 07
  • Godchild, #4
  • Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 03
Name in Japanese: 樋野 まつり

Matsuri Hino was born on January 24 in Hokkaido. She was a bookshop keeper who one day decided to become a manga artist, and all of nine months later, in 1995, she published her first manga title, Kono Yume ga Sametara (When This Dream Is Over), in Japan's LaLa DX magazine.
More about Matsuri Hino...

Vampire Knight (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 (Vampire Knight, #1)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 2 (Vampire Knight, #2)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 3 (Vampire Knight, #3)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 5 (Vampire Knight, #5)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 6 (Vampire Knight, #6)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 7 (Vampire Knight, #7)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 8 (Vampire Knight, #8)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 9 (Vampire Knight, #9)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 10 (Vampire Knight, #10)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 11 (Vampire Knight, #11)
Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 (Vampire Knight, #1) MeruPuri, Vol. 1 (MeruPuri, #1) Vampire Knight, Vol. 9 (Vampire Knight, #9) Vampire Knight, Vol. 3 (Vampire Knight, #3) Vampire Knight, Vol. 2 (Vampire Knight, #2)