Start by marking “Harry Potter ja puoliverinen prinssi (Harry Potter, #6)” as Want to Read:
Harry Potter ja puoliverinen prinssi (Harry Potter, #6)

Harry Potter ja puoliverinen prinssi (Harry Potter #6)

4.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,567,579 Ratings  ·  21,652 Reviews
Lontoossa kolea, leppymätön sumu ei hellitä, vaikka on heinäkuu. Silta sortuu, ihmisiä murhataan, pyörremyrsky riehuu maan länsiosassa. Jästien pääministerillä riittää huolia, mutta taikaministerillä, Cornelius Toffeella, ei ole yhtään helpompaa: hän on saanut potkut. Harry Potterin kesäloma keskeytyy, kun itse Albus Dumbledore saapuu Likusteritielle tapaamaan Harry Potter ...more
Published March 16th 2006 by Tammi (first published July 16th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter ja puoliverinen prinssi, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Rebecca Weston
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Whisper19 in addition to the already offered answers, both of which are dead on (pardon the pun), Dumbledore needed to be seen as more than "the only one…morein addition to the already offered answers, both of which are dead on (pardon the pun), Dumbledore needed to be seen as more than "the only one Voldemort ever feared". Harry needed to see the faults in the man he perceived as perfect. Imagine the thoughts running through Harry's head when Dumbledore died - if Dumbledore, who was the greatest wizard of all times could not defeat Voldemort, how could he! But by seeing the mistakes Dumbledore had made throughout his entire life (and there were a couple) and by having Dumbledore admit to those to Harry at "King's Cross", Harry can see that Dumbledore was just a man. He can also be told by Dumbledore that he (Harry) is a "better" man than him (Dumbledore), a self-sacrificing pure soul, the only kind that stands any chance against Voldemort. (less)

John Brooks
Dec 03, 2013 John Brooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people with souls
The crown jewel of the Harry Potter series, "Half-Blood Prince" is one of the finest novels I've read in my lifetime. Having allowed us to watch Harry evolve and mature for so many years, Rowling finally lifts the veil, so to speak, humanizing the larger than life characters of not just Dumbledore and Snape, but significantly and achingly, Tom Riddle. This is love letter to one of the hardest things we all experience: the moment that your idols become your peers, your parents become your friends ...more
Cait (Paper Fury)
"Read Harry Potter!" they said. "It'll be fun!" they said. "Our childhood was built on Harry Potter!" they said.

WELL YOUR CHILDHOODS WERE ALL HORRIBLE. OMG WHAT IS THIS BOOK? WHAT IS THIS MESS I'M IN?? Excuse me, but that large salty lake where my life used to be is my tears. Yes, yes, this means I loved it. But SERIOUSLY. Nooooot okay. At the end there, especially, I couldn't put the audio down so I was wandering about my house in a blind daze listening instead.

And because every human and their
Aloysius
Jul 15, 2007 Aloysius rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Popular Fantasy Geeks
Chris
Feb 01, 2008 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, harry-potter
Since pretty much everyone I know has read these books, I figure reviewing them is pretty pointless. But with the new book coming out in a couple of days, I have to go through them beginning to end. To make the reviews more entertaining, I will be doing them in a variety of unexpected formats. For this review, I will be writing as a power ballad.

(Intro: Piano and strings)

You were always by my side
You will always be my guide
But the road I'm on
Goes on and on
And I've left you beHIIIIIND!

(Big crunch
Whitney Atkinson
May 26, 2015 Whitney Atkinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
i dont want to talk to anyone
dont even look at me
i was expecting it and i still cried for like 30 minutes
Kassidy
Jan 13, 2015 Kassidy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It seems like by now, everyone would realize they should listen to Harry..
Such a sad end :( I knew that was going to happen before starting the series, but didn't know when. It still got me in the feels, though.
The book as a whole was really fun and entertaining. I love the mystery and learning more about Voldemort. The romance drama was funny as well.
I can't wait to see what adventures the next book brings and how it all concludes..
Raeleen Lemay
Dec 18, 2014 Raeleen Lemay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, own
Re-Read in December 2014 for Harry Christmas To You

This is DEFINITELY one of my top favorite books in the series. Shit just gets so real.

My thoughts:

-Dumbledore is so FREAKING sketchy in this book! He's so secretive, and he's always sneaking around, not explaining anything to Harry.

-I'm always so proud of Fred and George for getting their own joke shop... I don't know what it is, I just feel like a proud mom.

-ALL OF THE TOM RIDDLE BACKSTORY. THE GAUNT HOUSE. OMG. I literally need a whole book ab
April
Jan 30, 2016 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth time I've read the Half Blood Prince, but the first time I cried while reading it? much feelings wow
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Feb 24, 2016 Aj the Ravenous Reader rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Katerina

Buddyread with the cutest Trixi.

*sniffs* I have actually finished this several days ago but I spent those days mourning for the loss of one of my favorite characters of all time and before I start bawling my heart and eyes out again, let me straight away proceed to the random thoughts while and after reading the book. *sniffs*

1. *Gasps* Professor Snape???
2. Harry’s Quidditch Captain! Yaaas!
3. Weasleys’ Wizzard Wheezes (Say this ten times)
4. Malfoy’s head on Pansy Parkinson’s lap and Pansy stro
Darth J
Evgeny
Feb 24, 2016 Evgeny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Harry Potter's sixth year at Hogwarts. With Lord Voldemort on the loose things are going very bad in wizard community; all the troubles spill in the Muggle world. Unsurprisingly the book begins with a chapter with real Muggle Prime Minister - somewhat unnecessary I might add.

If you think you can find anything original in this review you are sadly mistaken. It is practically impossible to find anything new to say after literally everybody and their brother read and discussed the series.

Still it
Carmen Maloy
Oct 22, 2007 Carmen Maloy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Franco  Santos
Apr 09, 2015 Franco Santos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amé con todo mi ser este libro. Todo se vuelve más umbrío y oscuro. Es un tomo triste y en el que se revelan muchas cosas determinantes para el último libro de la mejor saga de todos los tiempos.

description

Dolió.

Y ahora, Harry, adentrémonos en la oscuridad y vayamos en busca de la aventura, esa caprichosa seductora.

- Albus Dumbledore
Inge
Spoilers for anyone who has never read the books or seen the movies. In which case, have you been living under a rock?!

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love."

Albus Dumbledore is by far one of my favourite characters. He is clever, kind, badass, but most of all, he is weird. And I like weird. I like the way his first-day-of-the-year speeches make no sense at all. I like how he uses different types of candy for his office passwords. I like how he
Juliana Zapata
Aug 03, 2015 Juliana Zapata rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Un libro tan emocionante como doloroso, me tomaron por sorpresa todos los sucesos que acontecen en este libro. Reí y me emocioné muchísimo con el 90% del libro, pero cuando llegué a las últimas páginas todo fue dolor y sufrimiento.

Terminé destrozada

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
P
Mar 14, 2016 P rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.”

Reading this book is brutally depessing. I've never expected Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince to be dark like this, but I liked it anyway. The boy from book one has grown up and makes a decision that turns out to be something disastrous. The thing I loved about this book might be when Harry and Dumbledore dig into Voldemort's memory. We get to know about him and what kind of person he was before he became the
Mohammed Arabey
Dec 31, 2012 Mohammed Arabey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all ,It's the less "action" book in the series, That's why many may get disappointed, But I see it's one important book for the character development and to wrap up the actual "Task" of how Harry should finish Voldemort. as at that book we learn more about his past also we realize secrets that the writer kept hidden-although gave some hints that proved it was there from the beginning-about what Harry's facing, The cleverness of showing the "Horcruxes" idea was there since the early stag ...more
Liam
Jun 15, 2015 Liam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book has to be one of my favourites in the series, if not my favourite!! There's just something really special about it and it's just such a beautiful book...

The plot is so intricately structured and everything falls into place so well! I think this book has the best plot out of the series as it builds up to the end and really does keep you guessing throughout!

The character development within this book is fantastic! Everyone is just that little bit sassier and hormonal which is very enterta
Liza
My heart is shattering as I finish this phenomenal book. I was nervous to read it again because as it was my favourite the first time I read the series, I was anxious to see if maybe I would be let down. I completely understand why this was my favourite of the series, and still so far is. I connect the most with the characters and the feelings that they are faced with throughout this book. I am bawling my eyes out as I write this review, and with good reason. The death of Dumbledore is earth sha ...more
Kate ♡
Blog Review: https://passthefeels.wordpress.com/20...

The Half Blood Prince is yet another incredible installment in the Harry Potter series, but you all knew that already. It may be my favourite so far, in fact yes I believe it is, even though the emotions are so real right now. (I know I said Order was my favourite so far, but this one has overtaken it)

I once again, loved every minute of reading this. It was perfect, and also had me lol'ing throughout the whole thing..eh, mostly. not the end.

Th
Manny
OK. I'm prepared to admit I've read it. As someone once said about Jeffrey Archer novels, it's rather like a packet of stale chips. You keep taking them out and eating them, hoping that the ones at the bottom are little better. But they're not. After a while, you notice that the bag is empty, and you feel rather disgusted with yourself.

She claims the whole story was planned from the beginning. Yeah, right. Though, to be fair, she's in good company; Proust said something similar about A La Recher
Nightfalltwen
Jan 17, 2008 Nightfalltwen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: children-9-12
Well I decided to come back and actually put in a review for this book since all I'd done is give it a star and go on my merry little way.

Hated this book. Flat out, this book was the worst of the whole seven-book series.

I bought HBP the day it was released and I was very excited to read something new in the series. To my shock, I couldn't believe how bad the story was. Something happened to JKR's editor. I think perhaps foul play was involved because apparently the editor was completely absent.
Dee ♡
Feb 18, 2016 Dee ♡ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
These books are breaking me. I admit it. I'm addicted to a children's book series. So sue me.
This book isn't as action packed as the other books in the series. It tells more of the back story and it's when I saw Harry truly grow up. My heart is completely broken over this little story.
The only fault I could give this book is that it doesn't have as much of my boyfriends George and Fred as the other books. So I'll just add them here.

Really people if you are one of those and yes I was one..tha
Cait • A Page With A View
Oh hey, Ginny Weasley has an ACTUAL PERSONALITY.
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
I'm a sobbing mess. This re-read hurt. This hurt so much.
lamarcus brown
Aug 29, 2013 lamarcus brown rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all ages
ok, I admit it. I'm a grown man (debatable) and I like Harry potter. However, I was like any other 'Mr. Macho' in the beginning thinking Harry potter Books are for children and maybe women.

It started off innocently enough, my wife and daughter were reading the books, they really enjoyed them so I bought the first movie for my daughter when it came out... then the second, third, and fourth movies. And I enjoyed them, but I still hadn't plunged to the humiliating level of actually reading the boo
Elesia
Jan 22, 2015 Elesia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a mess after that ending holy mother
Sammy
Jun 13, 2007 Sammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a-the-best
Okay, how am I really supposed to review this book? The thing is, I'm obsessed with Harry Potter, no way around it. I've been obsessed, and more than likely will always be obsessed. So I can't really step back and give a biased review on this book... but I will give a review nonetheless.

This book did not let me down. Just like Order of the Phoenix I read it within 24 hours. Every single chapter, sentence, word, grabbed at me! By this point in the series I'm seriously invested in the characters a
sweet jane
Jun 19, 2016 sweet jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Τώρα που συνήλθα, ας γράψω και μια κριτική*

Ίσως ο ημίαιμος Πρίγκιψ να είναι το αγαπημένο μου της σειράς. Πιο σκοτεινό, πιο σπαρακτικό και πιο δυνατό από τα υπόλοιπα, είναι ιδανικό προπύργιο του τέλους μιας μαγειρικής ιστορίας. Δεν θα γράψω κάτι άλλο, ελπίζω μόνο να υπάρχει κάποια εξήγηση γύρω από την πράξη του Σνειπ και ένα χέρι ξύλο για τον αχαρακτηριστο Μαλφοι.
  • Wild Magic (Immortals, #1)
  • The Shamer's War (The Shamer Chronicles, #4)
  • Brisingr  (The Inheritance Cycle, #3)
  • The Two Princesses of Bamarre
  • Searching for Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #2)
  • Return to Del (Deltora Quest, #8)
  • The Vile Village (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #7)
  • Mistral's Kiss (Merry Gentry, #5)
  • A Muralha de Gelo (As Crónicas de Gelo e Fogo #2)
  • The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)
  • The Castle of Llyr (The Chronicles of Prydain #3)
  • Son of the Shadows (Sevenwaters, #2)
  • The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, #3)
  • Greenwitch
  • The Problem Child (The Sisters Grimm, #3)
  • Gadiantons and the Silver Sword (Tennis Shoes, #2)
  • The Golem's Eye (Bartimaeus, #2)