Start by marking “Poisoned Tarts” as Want to Read:
Poisoned Tarts

Poisoned Tarts (A Savannah Reid Mystery #13)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  643 ratings  ·  30 reviews
What happens when too rich and too thin becomes too deadly? Voluptuous P.I. Savannah Reid is about to find out as she delves into the disappearance of a celebrity hanger-on that soon leads to something more sinister. As Halloween draws near, Savannah will have to learn a killer's deadly "tricks" before someone else is "treated" to murder...

Halloween in Southern California
Published January 1st 2009 by Kensington (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Poisoned Tarts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poisoned Tarts

Jann
Cute book. Love the main character Savannah Reid. She is a middle aged women a little overweight, a little sarcastic, loves to cook and take care of people. A lot like me.
Michelle
A fun read - feeding my hunger for a good mystery.
patsy clift
Savannah and Dirk are good together.

The main characters make all the Reid mysteries great. I would rate it a five if the story line had a little more of a kick to it.
Virginia
good, complicated mystery. Light, fun and "cozy" without being ditzy or condescending. I randomly picked this up at a boksale, and I will be on the look-out for more in the series:)
Lora Lawrence
I can't believe that i read all of G.A. Mckevett's books . I just loved reading all her books . I can't wait to see what she comes out with next . Keep up the good work that you do . Thank you .
Debbie
I love this series.
Kat
Kris
First time reading a mystery. Thought I would be able to solve it. Ha. Ha. I had no clue. Bummed about that. But still interesting
Ktouton
I recently re-read this book. I had just finished a book that was very draining (The Great Santini). This book was a great palate cleanse. The subject matter, a missing teenage girl, is not very light material. Overall, it is still a pretty darn good book.
Cara
Not my favorite in the series. I missed Tammy in this one.
The 'big clue' in the story annoyed me. I don't want to give anything away, but that is not how library computers work. At least they don't in our system, and thank goodness for that!
Cathleen
Same light escapism as the rest of the series, but loses points for underuse of supporting characters and (more egregiously) for hanging a climactic plot revelation on an erroneous understanding of library computer policies.
Liana Martino
This series has become predictable, over-written, lacking in any character development, and one giant stereotype.
Debra Keesee
I love this author! When I start to read her books, for some reason, I just can't put them down. Last night I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning just to finish the book.
Stephanie
This is the first book I have read by this author. I will have to make a point to read more since I really enjoyed it. A good story with an unexpected ending. Great for summertime!!
Deborah
Another great mystery with the Moonlight Magnolia detective agency gang.
A missing teenage girl, spoiled rich brats and murder all combine for a great mystery read.
Christine
Halloween came with a big bang and murder seems even scarier for some reason. Coffins and cages oh my! I really enjoyed this book from start to finish- it kept me going.
Kit Cat
I picked this book up just to give the series a try, and I really enjoyed the mystery. I will be adding more of this series to my collection soon!
Ivy
I have really enjoyed reading this series...this one was as good as the others in the series. I look forward to reading more of this series.
Susan
Savannah stories are usually good reads but her down home southern stories about her grannie grate on me after a bit.
Sunday Collins
Oh i loved this book its such a great mystery!it keeps you guessing till the end
Diane Davis
Great book... I think I read it a long time ago but I don't really remember.
Marta
Yet another book I'm impatiently waiting for!
Susan
Another enjoyable read in the series.
Dee Haddrill
Best book in the series!!! So far....
Rebecca
A fun murder mystery. (3.5 stars)
E
Another mystery series--fun books!
Tia Lucas
Tia Lucas marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
  • Dial Emmy for Murder (Soap Opera Mystery, #2)
  • A Catered Thanksgiving (A Mystery with Recipes, #7)
  • Hell Hath No Curry (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #15)
  • Turn Up the Heat (A Gourmet Girl Mystery, #3)
  • The Body in the Bouillon (Faith Fairchild, #3)
  • Murder Walks the Plank (Death on Demand, #15)
  • English Tea Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #17)
  • Twice As Dead (An Odelia Grey Mystery, #6)
  • Dim Sum Dead (Madeline Bean, #4)
  • Dying for Dinner (A Cooking Class Mystery, #4)
  • Bedeviled Eggs (Cackleberry Club, #3)
Since publication of her first novel in 1986, Sonja Massie has authored over fifty published works, including the highly popular and critically acclaimed SAVANNAH REID MYSTERIES under the pseudonym G. A. McKevett.

Sonja's novels range from Irish historicals to contemporary thrillers. Her earthy humor and fast-paced plots delight her fans, while critics applaud her offbeat characterizations and inci
More about G.A. McKevett...

A Savannah Reid Mystery (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Just Desserts (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #1)
  • Bitter Sweets (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #2)
  • Killer Calories (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #3)
  • Cooked Goose (Savannah Reid, #4)
  • Sugar and Spite (Savannah Reid, #5)
  • Sour Grapes (Savannah Reid, #6)
  • Peaches and Screams (Savannah Reid, #7)
  • Death by Chocolate (Savannah Reid, #8)
  • Cereal Killer (Savannah Reid, #9)
  • Murder a la Mode (Savannah Reid, #10)
Just Desserts (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #1) Death by Chocolate (Savannah Reid, #8) Bitter Sweets (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #2) Buried in Buttercream (Savannah Reid Mystery, #17) A Decadent Way to Die (Savannah Reid Mystery, #16)