Start by marking “Astrology, Karma & Transformation: The Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart” as Want to Read:

Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Astrology, Karma & Transformation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Astrology, Karma & Transformation

Sesh
Aug 29, 2007 Sesh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"AK&T" was the first
"real", non-pop astrology book I ever read, and to this day
it has maintained the pride of place in my astrological
bookshelf, along with a few worthy companions. It is evident
that this is Stephen Arroyo's labor of love, and the result
is a clear and comprehensive treatment of the astrological
factors in the birth chart that relate to karma and
self-transformation.

Mr. Arroyo tackles the difficult subject of karma head on
in the very first chapter. He helps us understand karma i
Jason
Jul 16, 2008 Jason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So insightful and blissfully informative, Stephen Arroyo is a "friend in my head." His writing is thorough and satisfyingly explanatory. Arroyo's understanding of the complexities of human nature and profundity of astrological knowledge is most impressive. Anyone interested in astrology must read this knowledge-filled book.
Brandon Lott
Dec 10, 2010 Brandon Lott is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Just started reading this book ... and ... it is incredible. Explosive insights into the birth chart based on its karmic/transformative points. Seriously good stuff for the practitioner/counselor and laymen.
Karen Jean
Jul 14, 2013 Karen Jean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best books I've read on Astrology. All his books are well written and insightful.
Katey
Should be required reading for all humans.
Charley
Sep 25, 2012 Charley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books on astrology ever written.
Krslo
Sep 26, 2012 Krslo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my favorite book on astrology yet .
Jadzia Cypress
Arroyo is a master, clearly and throughly presenting his understanding of saturn in all the different aspects. Still, in my opinion, the book is not necessarily user friendly. Searching for information between case studies, I found sometimes slightly less than irritating. I appreciate the information but I would have appreciated less case study and more straight info. On the other hand, this is the second time I have read the book, so it was compelling enough to have me re-read it.
Kahlei
Jan 20, 2015 Kahlei rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very in depth and valuable exploration of Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto in the context of the personal birth chart. Good introduction to Secondary Progressions. A lot of nice cross referencing of other astrologers and sources that are helpful for determining some further reading. A dense read at times that requires focus which is why it took a year and a highlighter for me to give it a thorough read but well worth it and I would def read more by this author who has a warm, positive style.
Amy Herring
Jan 26, 2014 Amy Herring rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: astrology
Love this book. The author is sophisticated in his description of the psychological, spiritual, and energetic complexities of Saturn and the planets beyond. Highly recommend - not the typical astrological categorical trite stuff.
Claudia Da
Jan 05, 2014 Claudia Da rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read* one of the most precious astrology books I've read so far.
really inspiring and enpowering. To all astrology lovers- read it
Jordan Denae
Aug 02, 2007 Jordan Denae is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested in understanding astrology on a deeper level
VERY informative. Deep and more spiritual than your average astrology book.
Patricia
Dec 04, 2014 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

THE best book ever on the outer planets in all regards: The basic themes they represent in the birth chart, in aspect to inner planets, transits, progressions. He even has a chapter on fire houses and signs and for someone with both of these prominent in my chart (and a grand trine in both with Sun, Moon and Pluto), I understood why I had a such deep pull toward astrology, transformation the deeper spiritual meaning of life.

The title of the book I would think draws only those seriously intereste
mr. 阿創
Sep 16, 2015 mr. 阿創 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, 占星
韓良露的《生命歷程全占星》強調木土天海冥5顆慢速外行星Transits時對個人生命歷程的悠長影響力,Arroyo的這本書則更深入地,回歸到本命盤,站在人本立場闡述土星及3顆外行星如何發揮深不可測的業力,影響個人摸索靈性成長的道路。其作品文詞優雅,深富人性關懷,(儘管我排斥書中關於前世輪迴的業力說法)是一部不可多得的占星學經典。

這本書在台出版一年有餘,我和本書的邂逅非常偶然,當時我深受本命盤金冥衝的挫折,和朋友進行了為時三日的長談,我們邊逛書店邊聊冥王星的暴烈本質如何在我內心產生難以克制的情緒力量,討論該在生命裡壓抑或釋放這股衝動,「轉化」是對話裡的關鍵字,所以我很順手地從架上拿起這本書,沒想到Arroyo早在字裡行間為我們三日來的討論寫下完整的註解。
rae
Feb 06, 2010 rae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: astrology
wow. way over my head, but definitely insightful and thought-provoking. arroyo doesn't provide easily digestible examples, but instead discusses the principles and patterns behind the planetary aspects of Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto (apparently the planets associated with karma? i'm obviously a beginner).

i'll have to go back to it in a few years.
Diane Fraser
Jul 11, 2015 Diane Fraser rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books where I found myself nodding on almost every page because he was talking about me, or someone close to me. It goes deep into the outer planets and their transits. One gains a much better understanding of karma, too, from this book.
Ellen
Feb 15, 2013 Ellen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is impossibly dense and therefore it's content is highly unapproachable. Arroyo seems to think that long, tortured sentences using the passive voice convey intelligent content. Nope!
Paul Reeder
Nov 14, 2007 Paul Reeder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone interested in astrology and spirituality
Shelves: astrology
Deep meanings of planets in natal astrology and how to think about transits and other dynamic factors in astrology from a process oriented point of view.
William Strasse
Another great book for getting into the "deeper" aspects of astrology. There is a lot to take in, so it might not be for those who have only a casual interest in astrology.
Joel
Jun 03, 2013 Joel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Powerfully good insight into Astrological archetypes and the human transformational process, from Saturn to Pluto.
Manya
Manya rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2011
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
Mary Hart
Mary Hart rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2015
Georgia Frontiere
Georgia Frontiere rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2014
dilaragzd
dilaragzd rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2017
Jocelyn Jerry
Jocelyn Jerry rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2014
Callmewhatever Youwant
Callmewhatever Youwant rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2016
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2013
Burak Mert
Burak Mert rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2015
  • Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living
  • Saturn: A New Look at an Old Devil
  • The Gods of Change: Pain, Crisis, and the Transits of Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto
  • Karmic Astrology, Vol. 1: The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation
  • Aspects in Astrology: A Guide to Understanding Planetary Relationships in the Horoscope
  • Astrology, a Cosmic Science-Op
  • Pluto, Volume I: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul (Llewellyn Modern Astrology Library)
  • The Astrologer's Handbook
  • Astrology for the Soul
  • Chiron and the Healing Journey: An Astrological and Psychological Perspective
  • Predictive Astrology: The Eagle and the Lark
From Wikipedia:

Stephen Arroyo (born October 6, 1946 in Kansas City, Missouri) is an American author and astrologer.[1]

Arroyo has written seven books on psychologically oriented astrology which outline his theory that the individual’s experience of the Solar System’s impacts on their personal energy field, both psychological and physical. His works recast astrological concepts in psychological ter
More about Stephen Arroyo...