Start by marking “Dante's Peak” as Want to Read:
Dante's Peak

Dante's Peak

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Capturing all the nonstop thrills of Universal's explosive blockbuster, Dante's Peak portrays a literal hell-on-earth when an active volcano becomes an inferno of mayhem and destruction. The film stars Pierce Brosnan and Linda Hamilton.
Paperback, Movie novelisation, 251 pages
Published 1997 by Boulevard Books

To ask other readers questions about Dante's Peak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dante's Peak

Michelle Llewellyn
Movie-tie-in novelizations are not exactly great literature but, hey, sometimes you just need something fun to read, especially if you love the movie and I've been watching this one since 1999. Dewey Gram did a good job sneaking in all the nerdy volcanology jargon in his narrative so the reader learns something while hearing Peirce Brosnan's sexy voice in her head at the same time (sorry dudes). I ordered this off Amazon almost three years ago and finally got around to reading it. I wasn't disap ...more
Chie Akura
1. Penguin readers level 2
2. 11/24=30minutes 11/25=75minutes
3. volcano, scientist, explore,explode, dearth, Dante, earthquake.

4. I noticed the fear of a volcano. People are killed by even a stone at a active volcano.

5. It was a little easy to image these scene, because Ontakesan exploded a few month ago.
I thought scientist is grade because they do something dangerous,especially a scientist of a volcanic.
Unfortunately, we can't do something for a natural disaster.
Yusuke Sato
12/4=30minute,12/5=35minute total 65minute

7words scientist/love/volcano/earthquake/acid/explode/danderous

question
1, Have you ever climbed Mt.Fuji?
NO, however, I want to climbed it.

2, Are you prepare for a big earthquake? Because a big erathquake will happen around Aiti prefecture.
Actually, I don't prepare for a big earthquake. I should prepare.

I enjoyed to read this book. I'm interested in history. I know Pompei.
There were a number of people dead in this sity. I want to go to Pompei, but it is
Brackberry
Time 1:22:00
Deidre(Dee) ~Young At Heart Mom~
Faithfully follows the movie of the same name. I loved the movie, and I loved this book! Awesome.
Takahiro Yamada
12/16 = 60 minutes
7 words summary: scientist, town, volcano, earthquake, expode, fire, rocks
Discussion questions:
1. Which do you like better, mountains or the sea?
I like mountains better than the sea. Because in the mountain, it is very quiet, and they often have good views.
2. If you had known that a very big earthquake would have come tomorrow, what would you do?
If I could know, I would buy many things, such as, water, foods, and clothes and pack them.
Kristina Lammers
Dante's Peak was explosive, literally! I especially enjoyed the acid lake, and I figured out that the acid lake scene was possible! Now I will become a volcanologist! I like how intense it was when Grandma Ruth jumped in the acid lake!!!
Doctor Edward Diesel
Dewey Gram gets a lot of work adapting screenplays into books and after seeing how he handled Dante's Peak, I can see why. He did a good job. I will seek out more of his "novelizations".
She Reads
She Reads marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Ramazan
Ramazan marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Morgan Via
Morgan Via marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Small.t
Small.t marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Mehmet Seref
Mehmet Seref is currently reading it
Feb 17, 2015
Jean Gourd
Jean Gourd marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Joanna
Joanna added it
Dec 04, 2014
Katie Bananas
Katie Bananas marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Gladiator The Life of David Gale The Ghost and the Darkness Ocean's 11 True Lies