Start by marking “To Save the Devil” as Want to Read:
To Save the Devil

To Save the Devil (Sons of Sin #2)

3.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  129 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Ex-spy and former Bow Street Runner Will Jones rescues a beautiful, unsullied virgin from a London brothel, but she is no swooning maiden. Instead, he faces a woman of wit who resists his aid, escapes his protection...and captures his imagination.
Published October 1st 2010 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about To Save the Devil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Save the Devil

Catherine
Looking at this plotline by itself, all signs point to me enjoying it. The set up and the idea of the characters seem like my style. That’s why it’s so disappointing that it didn’t work for me at all. I debated between one and two stars for this book, but finally concluded that I just didn’t care enough about it to get a good hate going on. So two stars it is. :)

This was a relatively short book, filled with blank filler pages between chapters, but it seemed to take forever to read. My biggest pr
Steamywindows♥♫

I loved the first book, To Tempt a Saintand was very taken with Will, the middle brother. This is his story. This middle book is about the middle son of a famous courtesan. I would have given it a higher than a three and a half star rating save for two things: First I didn't warm up to the heroine, who kept secrets until the end, and really lacked the faith in Will I think he earned. Secondly, the resolution was in the last chapter and felt like it deserved more.

Having said that, I look forward
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
To Save the Devil is the 2nd book in the Son of Sin trilogy. This is Will's story, 3years ago Kit the younger brother was kidnapped. The brothers have been looking for him ever sense. While out searching Will rescues a virgin name Helen from being auctioned off at a brothel. The story is poorly written their is no character development,the author is good at describing the backdrop and scenery, which you need in a story book not to the point the reader figures out if is just a way to full up the ...more
Lindy
In this case, "resists his aid" = TSTL. Can't make myself finish reading it.
Bookaholics
To Save the Devil by Kate Moore
Historical Romance –Oct. 5th, 2010
3 Stars

To Save the Devil is the second novel by Kate Moore featuring the Sons of Sin, three brothers whose mother was an infamous London courtesan. This book continues the story that was started in the first novel in the series To Temp A Saint.

To Save the Devil tells the story of Will Jones the second oldest of the sons who is an ex-spy and former Bow Street Runner. Will is forced into action when he hears about an innocent vir
April
TO SAVE THE DEVIL by Kate Moore is an exciting historical romance set in 1820 London. It is the second in the "Sons of Sin" series but can be read as a stand alone. The first in the series was "To Tempt A Saint". This is a series of three brothers whose mother was an infamous London courtesan. She raised them to be gentlemen, although the youngest was kidnapped three years earlier and believed to be dead. The other two brothers are determined to find him, bring him home and find out who is out t ...more
Theresa
Jul 01, 2014 Theresa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The Heroine is (once again) completely obnoxious. Also, there is no character development at all between everyone who is important in this series. Were the Hero and Heroine supposed to be in love? Because if the answer is yes, then it expect them to break up every other day - or stay married for as long as Kim Kardashian and Kris. Humphrey was. If anything, I'm rooting for the antagonist to kill off every protagonist. I'm hoping the last book will be better, but at this rate (and by the star ave ...more
Jan
Dec 23, 2015 Jan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I'm reading this series at about a book a day...which means I'm enjoying them. I suggest you read them in order to get the most out of them. I love the careful continuity of this series and the characters are written in depth, with great background of London as it truly was in early 19th century. I'm off to read the last installment of the series!
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Will and Helen are one of the most evenly matched pairs that I have encountered. Despite their wildly different upbringings, they are both brave, bold, and determined. They are also both loyal to those they love, even Will, who has a severe case of middle child syndrome. He feels inferior to his brother, Xan, the Saint, and his missing brother, Kit, both of whom get more attention from their beautiful mother. The plot is totally absorbing and an intriguing look into another side of London life. ...more
BRNTerri
I’m sorry to say I didn’t care for this newer historical at all. I was genuinely interested in the mystery involving the heroes kidnapped younger brother, Kit, but it overtook this ‘romance’ novel. When I realized that was happening, from just a few pages in, I quickly lost interest. This is not a romance novel at all.

I’ve said this several times before lately and I’ll continue to say it when necessary; these characters were underdeveloped and there was really no backstory on them. I need to kno
Ellen
Mar 04, 2012 Ellen rated it liked it
I felt for Will, when he found out his brother was a Marquess. I can't imagine how much it would hurt to think that your brother who should be on your side against the world as it calls you a "son of sin" and a bastard is a legitimate heir and a peer besides. Not only that but Xander is knighted. Sure it's not by a very popular prince/king but still.

Helen, er, Marianne, was both brave and foolish. Brave to do what she had to for her mother, but foolish for ignoring Will who had more experience i
Kat
Oct 23, 2010 Kat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I enjoyed this second outing in the Sons of Sin series. I highly recommend reading the first one, To Tempt a Saint, first. There are references to characters and incidents that will just confuse you if you're not familiar with the first story. I found Will to be a compelling characters, darker than his brother Xander. Will saves a drugged Helen from a brothel, who escapes from him. He is determined to find his brother and to keep Helen safe; Helen is determined to retrieve something important th ...more
Camy
Feb 15, 2013 Camy rated it really liked it
I loved the first book in this series and this book is very entertaining too, but I didn't like the heroine of this book as much as I liked the heroine in book 1. Sometimes she's a little too stubborn for my taste. The hero is incredibly intriguing and the ending is fantastic.

I would definitely recommend to a Regency lover because what I didn't like in the heroine may not bother another reader, and it really is a good book.
Joan
I enjoyed the this book more than I thought I would since sometimes the second book doesn't live up to the first. This one was great, getting to know Will and his past demons was interesting and made you relate better to him than in the first book. Helen keeps him on his toes and keeps him guessing. Storyline is a great pace, characters are interesting and real. Looking forward to the third in the series.
Catherine
Jun 30, 2011 Catherine rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was a solid, straight-up romance. Nothing earth-shattering but no real stoppers. I found that I didn't get a good sense of WHY this hero with this particular heroine. They seemed to fall in love more next to one another than with one another. But, I will read another Kate Moore.
Scarlett Barnhill
This is definitely different than a lot of historicals that I'm used to, because the hero is not a part of the aristocracy. I actually liked that a lot. However, I felt like there could have been more to this book, especially in the beginning. It went by too fast for my taste.
Barbara
Jan 14, 2012 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really god story. The heroine takes the opportunity to be someone else and live a life she only could imagine. Will is a great hero-a spy/solider and he recues his princess in distress, can't wait for the third book.
Anna
Jul 02, 2011 Anna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Illogical plot twists and erratic narrative jumps made this book almost unreadable. I wanted to see if Kit made it home so I pushed through to the end, but I won't read the last in the series.
Kelly
Aug 09, 2011 Kelly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It started out promising and held my interest through half but then it just lost steam. I never did connect with the characters and the one love scene in the book left much to be desired.
Pamela
Nov 06, 2011 Pamela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rated 4.5 Blue Ribbons
Review courtesy of Romance Junkies: http://romancejunkiesreviews.com/artm...
Jo (My House of Books)
A fast-moving historical with a thin plot and an almost TSTL heroine, but I loved this line: "Take her, Captain. Steal her, if you must."
Janga
Oct 08, 2010 Janga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review will be posted at The Romance Dish next month.

Deidre
Jan 18, 2011 Deidre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Simply Amazing! Easy to love H/H that will keep you turning the pages and looking for more when there gone.
kris
Dec 20, 2013 kris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
WHY IS EVERYTHING SO RUSHED ALL THE TIME.
Gillian
Gillian rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Gunda
Gunda marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Eliza Renton
Eliza Renton marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 21, 2015 12:05PM
  • Cloudy With A Chance Of Marriage (Impossible Bachelors, #3)
  • The School for Brides (School for Brides, #1)
  • The Bride Wore Scarlet (Fraternitas Aureae Crucis, #2)
  • Secrets of a Proper Countess
  • A Scoundrel's Surrender (Billingham Bastards, #3)
  • Outrageously Yours (Her Majesty's Secret Servants #2)
  • Wicked Surrender (Wicked, #1)
  • The Wedding Affair
  • In Total Surrender (Secrets, #3)
  • To Tempt a Rake (Circle of Sin, #3)
  • My Only Love
  • Every Scandalous Secret (Scandalous Lady, #3)
  • The Earl's Dilemma
  • One Whisper Away (Ladies in Waiting, #1)
  • An Affair Without End (Willowmere, #3)
  • Winter Garden (Winter Garden #2)
  • Maidensong (Songs of the North, #1)
  • A Touch of Scandal (James Family, #2)
Kate began teaching in 1968 and writing novels in 1984. Both careers connect her with learners, immerse her in creative communities, and offer opportunities to grow. "Making works of fiction helps me understand how to coach young readers of fiction to make the most of their experience." She is an award-winning, published, independent writer of fiction with a passion of exploring the dark side of L ...more
More about Kate Moore...

Sons of Sin (3 books)
  • To Tempt a Saint (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • To Seduce an Angel (Sons of Sin, #3)