Start by marking “Noah's Law ” as Want to Read:
Noah's Law

Noah's Law

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  267 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Sixteen-year-old Noah is a troublemaker. His father is a hotshot barrister. This is not a good combination. When Noah gets caught mucking up at school, his dad sends him to work at his aunt's law firm during the holidays to 'learn responsibility' and 'fix his attitude'. There he meets Jacinta – the cute intern who knows her way around a photocopier, and Casey – the wicked ...more
Published November 1st 2010 by Pan Macmillan Australia

To ask other readers questions about Noah's Law, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Noah's Law

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCity of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickBeastly by Alex FlinnThe Book Thief by Markus Zusak
What Should I Read in 2011?
191st out of 561 books — 744 voters
Reasons to Be Happy by Katrina KittleJessica Darling's It List by Megan McCaffertyAsk My Mood Ring How I Feel by Diana LópezAwkward by Marni BatesThe Avery Shaw Experiment by Kelly Oram
Notebook Paper Covers
83rd out of 166 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Good Golly Miss Holly
Sep 03, 2011 Good Golly Miss Holly rated it really liked it
There is nothing like going into a novel with total comfort and familiarity for the authors previous work and that's exactly how I felt about Noah's Law. From the moment I flicked open the cover, I could already see the humor flowing from the page and was quite curious how things would turn out for the male protagonist and his court room proceedings.

It all begins with sixteen year old Noah, a generally good guy who loves getting up to mischief just for a laugh only this time he ends up doing six
Rebecca
Oct 06, 2011 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
When I started reading, Noah’s Law, to be honest I didn’t have high expectations as I’d never read a book by the author and didn’t know what I was getting into. But after reading the book, I am very pleased to say that I am impressed, I didn’t expect to love it as much as I did!

Noah’s Law, is such an effortless and fun read. It’ll have you hooked and on the edge of your seat in no time and leave you wondering what will happen next! The plot was incredible, trust me, not a boring moment in the e
Kirsten
Apr 02, 2011 Kirsten rated it really liked it
A fun read. Love this author, totally reliable for warmth, humour, and a beautiful youthful australian outlook. Nice insight into a small law firm as well. My only quibble is Noah's investigations against the client his firm represents. That really seems wrong despite notions of justice. Notwithstanding that a very enjoyable read that I would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys young adult fiction.
Suzie Bookgirl
Apr 30, 2015 Suzie Bookgirl rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen-fiction
When 16 year old Noah's pranks at school finally overstep the mark he is sentenced by his father to spend his summer holiday working for his Aunt's law firm. Noah's days stretch before him in a haze of coffee runs, photocopying and avoiding Casey, the firm witch. When Noah gets himself involved in an insurance case that Casey is working things begin to get interesting. Noah discovers that things are not always as they seem and that justice is a tricky thing. Along the way he manages to involve J ...more
PageTurner
Oct 09, 2015 PageTurner rated it really liked it
I don’t usually go for the anti-authoritarian protagonist, but 16-year-old Noah’s narrative voice was rather entertaining. Noah’s intelligent-but-troublemaker voice was authentic enough without the use of heavy course language or crude references which kept things fairly innocent and fun! The chapters were short and sweet and managed to keep the law case at the centre of the story interesting.

A few things sounded a little silly to me like Noah being a chocaholic and well versed in feminism …bec
Vanessaloveszayn stojanovska
i liked it at start because he was naughty and he had to go stay with his auntie in the city and she is a lawyer but then after a little while it started to goe boring and i just wasn't intersted in it anymore so i put it down and read another book.
Steve lovell
Nov 17, 2012 Steve lovell rated it really liked it

I had the pleasure of attending a book launch by this young lady in Hobart recently, and what an accomplished person she is! A leading light in her community, she is also an author in the young adult and new adult fiction areas, as well as a practicing lawyer. She spoke to a us in an exceedingly articulate manner about the background to her books – those she is best known for, including ‘Does My Head Look Big in This’, as well as her latest – ‘No Sex in the City’. The one under review here, ‘Noa
Cara Marie
Dec 01, 2010 Cara Marie rated it really liked it
After trouble-maker Noah gets caught changing his class's exam results, his father sends him to work at his aunt's law firm for the summer to teach him a lesson.

So of course there is crime-solving!

It starts off a bit slow, but once Noah gets nosy about the compensation case he's photocopying for, things pick up. The characters are great – I particularly liked Casey, the lawyer on the compensation case, who starts off quite unlikable, but it's because she didn't care whether people liked her or n
Liz Barr
I think this is one of those cases where a book dealt with too much of my real life to work for me -- as a legal secretary, I kept going, "But they'd never give that task to a high school work experience kid!" and "EVERYONE IN THIS FIRM SHOULD BE FIRED!"

Nevertheless, the mystery was compelling enough that I kept reading to the end, and I think that if you don't work in the legal field and deal with high school work experience kids on the regular, you probably wouldn't have my hang-ups.
Joshua Williams
Apr 17, 2013 Joshua Williams rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. it is a first person crime, mystery but in a teenagers life. i started reading it in the library and just couldn't stop. I loved the fact that could relate to the fact that his dad was strict and he loved to take life as a joke which is me it also has mystery and makes me think which i also liked too, it has a twisted story and adds depth when you think that you've figured it out it just turns a corner and proves you wrong until the very end.i didn't like the big words and since th ...more
Heather
Jun 29, 2016 Heather rated it liked it
A fun, light-hearted read about a boy who helps his aunt's firm solve a murder mystery. I really liked both Noah and Ahmet, the author captured their voices beautifully and they made me smile.
Maria.is
Feb 04, 2013 Maria.is rated it liked it
You know how sometimes one tiiiiiny little detail can ruin a perfectly reasonable book?
There's just one thing that seriously annoyed me while reading this book: the fact that the University of Sydney was mentioned like ten times, on different occasions, in association with different characters.

I'd just like to point out that Australia is home to a number of prestigious institutions, and not every successful lawyer went to USYD.
End of rant haha.

Other than that, this book made for good light re
Sam Ciavarella
Jun 12, 2015 Sam Ciavarella rated it really liked it
I remember enjoying this one
Annie
Feb 22, 2014 Annie rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! this is awesome!!! I read this in literally 2 days - it's "un-put-down-able". Very well written. The mystery in the storyline and the use of legal jargon was what really gripped me and what I also liked was how an "amateur" was prepared to take on the big guns so justice would prevail, even if it meant going against his own superiors. Although this was found in the YA section, I recommend it for older readers too!! I hope to meet the author of this book one day!!!
Amy
Sep 01, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Randa Abdel-Fattah as an author. Every single book of hers I have enjoyed, and this one was not an exception to the rule. It was a brilliant book, I loved every second of it, and the mystery within it was so well constructed and written that it seemed real. There was no real emotional attachment formed, for me, to any character in this book, but it was still a really great read, and really fun.
Josiah
Feb 05, 2012 Josiah rated it really liked it
This is a smart, slick and funny book about law school.

Noah is a troublemaker, and when he gets caught red handed at school, his dad sends him to law school.

Here Noah is stuck photocopying law sheets, when he takes a sudden interest in a case...

This is a great book with smart jokes, mostly believable characters, and a great mystery.

Recommended for YA fans and people studying for law school.
Kaitlin Dohnt
Dec 31, 2013 Kaitlin Dohnt rated it liked it
A very casual, laid back kind of book. It was easy to read, with a good story line and average characters.
The ending is really witty!
I also love the title. And cover.
Lthelibrarylover
Jun 03, 2013 Lthelibrarylover rated it really liked it
A really good YA book that has a crime element.

I really enjoyed the characters and the plot. They were realistic and very interesting. I liked the development of the character Noah. He starts of being quite immature, though throughout the book and its events, he realises what matters in life.
M-Tear
Dec 09, 2014 M-Tear rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Overall, I really liked 'Noah's Law'. It had likable (well, mostly) main characters like Noah, Amit and Jacinta; a good plot; an awesome plot twist; and so many funny lines and scenes. This book was definitely worth reading and I hope I'll find the time to reread later on.
Kaitlin
Feb 10, 2013 Kaitlin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-actually-own
This book is great for school kids. I got it a couple of years ago and found it very age appropriate. It is very witty and clever, and isn't a cliche teen book. It has a good storyline and very quick, witty characters, which makes this a hilarious book!
Alicia
Jul 31, 2014 Alicia rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-mystery
it a really cute and fun book to read,just like something to read if bored or for something to do. i really like noah and jacinta and how their relationship wasn't a big part of the book, it was more about the case which was good.
Safiah
Oct 01, 2012 Safiah rated it really liked it
This was a great book, and a fun read. The storyline was exciting and made you to keep reading to find out what happens. I liked the characters and the insight that was given of law firms and court. Glad I decided to get this one :)
Shirley
Jul 13, 2011 Shirley rated it it was amazing
A John Grisham young adult fiction novel. A light easy read, well written. The main character, Noah, is a likeable cheeky young boy. Anyone who enjoys law firm drama will like this book. It has a little mystery to it.
Tjala
Jun 24, 2012 Tjala rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tjala by: Noah (ironically enough!)
I really enjoyed this as I have enjopyeed her other books. It was humourous, the charcaters and storline were great and the first page was so gripping and hilarious!
Meaghan
Dec 17, 2011 Meaghan rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
Although I can see why students like it, it didn't engage me the way other teen fiction has this year. A little too unrealistic and Noah is not that likeable.
Jason
Mar 25, 2013 Jason rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Gripping and managed to keep me reading despite my bias against non-fantasy/dystopia books
Iman
Apr 16, 2013 Iman added it
Naomi
Mar 19, 2011 Naomi rated it really liked it
Really good book, helps you to understand how the law industry works, without boring you. :D
Edacheeky
Oct 10, 2014 Edacheeky rated it it was ok
DNF - not one of Randa Abdel-Fattah's greatest books in my opinion but it was okay.
Tom O'dwyer
  • India Dark
  • Saltwater Moons
  • All I Ever Wanted
  • Touching Earth Lightly
Randa Abdel-Fattah was born in Sydney in 1979. She is a Muslim of Palestinian and Egyptian heritage. She grew up in Melbourne and attended a Catholic primary school and Islamic secondary college where she obtained an International Baccaularetate. She studied Arts/Law at Melbourne University during which time she was the Media Liaison Officer at the Islamic council of Victoria, a role which afforde ...more
More about Randa Abdel-Fattah...