Start by marking “Facebook for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Facebook for Dummies

Facebook for Dummies

3.13 of 5 stars 3.13  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  29 reviews
The perennial bestseller--now updated to cover the latest features of FacebookFacebook is forever evolving, with the goal of improved user interaction. This new edition catches you up on the latest privacy updates, interface redesign, and other new features and options that keep the site up to date and never leaves you bored. You'll discover helpful coverage of all the cha ...more
Published September 14th 2010 by For Dummies (first published February 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Facebook for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Facebook for Dummies

Socialbookshelves.com
When you read a 'For Dummies' book, you get what you expect - a complex subject covered comprehensively in such simple language that a novice could easily understand it. And that's the problem...

See, Facebook as a platform is so intuitive and easy to use that all but the dumbest dummy can figure out how to navigate the site without any help. Of course, I work in social media, so I'm biased - however, the point still stands. Facebook for Dummies only really covers the basics, from adding a profil
Jennifer (JC-S)
Navigating a virtual world
One of my on-line acquaintances invited me to join Facebook late last year. Initially I hesitated, but then I figured it was worth checking out. I’m so pleased I did: a number of my friends from other online communities have a presence on Facebook and for a few of us it is the easiest way to communicate, share updates and photographs.

But wait, folks, that’s not all! By now, I can navigate my way around Facebook , have tried many of the applications and possibly tested
Charles
Who'd have thought that even dummies would need a 330-page book to tell them how to use Facebook? But this casual Facebook dummy learnt a lot, to add to the superficial know-how he'd acquired without really thinking about it.

So now I can tell you the difference between Pages and Profiles, Lists and Groups, and how to advertise a page (not that I expect I'll ever want to do that). I know a bit about searching on Facebook, tagging photos, and how to adjust privacy setting for apps you use.

I also
June Jacobs
Technology and I seem to have a love-hate relationship. We don't get play nicely together in the sandbox sometimes. (It's really not my fault!) Hence my reason for choosing to spend my time reading this guide about Facebook.

I learned a lot about Facebook, and I now feel more comfortable with some of the functions of this platform which were previously a mystery to me. The author's friendly, witty tone contributes to making this a user-friendly book. Now if I could just understand Wordpress . . .
Desiree'
Definitely a good read to learn the basics of Facebook account set up and applications. I learned how to set up my account, create a web page and find friends to communicate with online. Good basic tool to establish your social media presence.
Robin DeJarnett
I hate to give a bad review about anything, but this book is not worth the cash. Luckily I was given a gift card, but if you're interested, check it out of the library.

The problem with so many computer books is that by the time they come out the program's been updated. This book came out last year, and facebook looks quite different, just a few months later. As a Fb rookie but computer nerd, I could translate from the old to the new, but a computer rookie would be totally lost.

So, don't buy it.
Denielle
learned a couple of new things....
Gerry Germond
Poor. When I follow the text, what it says I'll see--ain't. What I can do is guess and ask questions of Facebook's Help section, but I certainly can't recommend it for novices. Locate this book in a bookstore, and try it there with your tablet. When the book's failures become readily apparent, quietly put it back on the shelf and rejoice over the money you've saved. To the comment that you can't expect it to be perfect, I say then you shouldn't be writing or publishing it.
Rhonda
This book did not help me in any way. I am more proficient at using Facebook than what the book describes. For anyone who has never used Facebook then I would suggest looking through it, but if you havew created a profile, then you probably don't need this book.
Natacha
Elizabeth
Very helpful, but even though it's got a 2008 copyright date, parts of it were being outdated even as I read it (goodbye, Limited Profile; goodbye, network pages; goodbye, basic layout...).
Jakenv
Dummies books are always helpful but often out of date before published. Does not reflect current changes will be helpful in general understanding.
pwy
best book i ever reads!
Diane
By the time I got around to reading this one, Facebook had changed so much that I needed to buy a new book. So I didn't finish it.
Brent Barnard
This was a great book. But since I read it, I've already read another Facebook book, which is, itself outdated! Stop changing, FB!
Susan Poling
What was it like? Just as confusing and helpless as always. The best way to do this stuff is to follow you head and your friends.
Tony
Was helpful in some aspects but recent changes to Facebook made a bit out of date for some functions. Beginners will appreciate.
H
For the truly Facebook challanged! Some of us just don't get all the stuff going on here. I'm still confused, but getting there.
Trish
As others have said, I'm finding it helpful in some ways, but it is outdated already. New edition please!
Agent Smith
Not really that helpful since most of the screen images have changed and are not applicable.
Jack
Didn't really tell me anything I couldn't have figured out in pretty short order anyway.
Karen Henrich
There are some tips but expected more and had to buy another book.
Don
Better for reference than straight reading
Sheila
Helpful, wish it covered more for businesses.
Steven Seelig
Read this for fun. I love Dummies books.
Marvelle Morgan
I learned a few new, cool things.
Megan
  • You Can Do It!: The Merit Badge Handbook for Grown-Up Girls
  • Facebook On Love
  • Maths in Minutes: 200 Key Concepts Explained in an Instant
  • The Outlaw Sea: A World of Freedom, Chaos, and Crime
  • The Art of Scalability: Scalable Web Architecture, Processes, and Organizations for the Modern Enterprise
  • Managing for Dummies
  • Erratum
  • Getting Older Better: The Best Advice Ever on Money, Health, Creativity, Sex, Work, Retirement, and More
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Organizing your Life
  • Miserly Moms: Living Well on Less in a Tough Economy
  • How to Write a Book Proposal
  • Excel VBA Programming For Dummies
  • The Digital Divide: Arguments for and Against Facebook, Google, Texting, and the Age of Social Netwo rking
  • The Twitter Book
  • A Beautiful Math: John Nash, Game Theory, and the Modern Quest for a Code of Nature
Dharma Comics Drawing on Life Facebook For Dummies, Mini Edition Facebook for Dummies, 3rd Editon + Farmville for Dummies - Book Bundle Facebook For Dummies, Book + DVD Bundle Facebook For Dummies®, Mini Edition