Start by marking “The Last Heiress: The Story of Ankhesenamun, Wife of King Tutankhamun” as Want to Read:
The Last Heiress: The Story of Ankhesenamun, Wife of King Tutankhamun

The Last Heiress: The Story of Ankhesenamun, Wife of King Tutankhamun

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  222 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Beside the Golden Pharaoh Tutankhamun was a woman whose words were buried with her in the sands of the Valley of the Kings. She was the wife of two pharaohs, and a born princess. She was the last surviving daughter of the famed beauty Nefertiti. She bore children to sit on the throne of Egypt. Together with her husband, she brought prosperity back to her wounded nation. Bu ...more
Published September 20th 2010 by Authorhouse (first published September 17th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Heiress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Heiress

Dec 04, 2012 Lisa rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ankhesenamun fans.
Jill Myles
WHAT IS THIS COVER ON GOODREADS. I CAN'T EVEN. (thank god the author changed it)

So, despite my reading lists, I'm not a super super huge fan of the whole Amarna period, because I feel like it's been covered to death (unless someone wants to write me some dirty dirty Horemheb/Mutnodjmet romance, cause they are my historical OTP for no good reason at all). This book is about Ankhesenpaaten/Ankhesenamun, the wife of Tutankaten/Tutankhamun.

I thought the author did a great job with the research. Lik
This is an interesting novel of the little known Egyptian Queen Ankhesenamun, daughter to Nefertiti and wife to her half-brother Tutankhamun.
Ankhesenamun was born into a unique period of Egyptian history in which her father Akhenaten's monotheistic cult tried to purge Egypt of it's many Gods in favor of worshipping Aten, a Sun God. Having read novels about Nefertiti and Akhenaten before I was familiar with the period of history that we find ourselves in at the beginning of the book. What I foun
Ms. Please Pass The Books
I won't go into a synopsis because you can read those yourself in the book description. For $3 this was a fantastic read, a treasure of period detail and excellent character developement. I agree with a prior reviewer that King Tut was often referred to as some sort of hunky guy, when in fact we now know him to be a bit of a skinny kid based on his mummy analysis. I was also slightly shocked that it included the birth of a son (which is highly doubtful), but given the limited information on the ...more
LiZi Bruklinsk
Мне с малых гадов интиресавало всё интиресное непозноное фантастическое ... кагда я расказывала о своих мыслях подругам они подоброму смеялись и радовались за мои амбиции. Знаете кагда в тебя верят близкие люди ты не имеешь право ошибаться. Я в школе получала одни пяторки мне было стыдно перед друзями. Они знали мои силы мой типо потенцыал. И если я стала бы хуже знасит это уже не я. Жизь без близких и любимых друзей и подруг . Нет. Я бы не смогла. Горе горе печаль. Друзя я вас люблю полюбому. С ...more
I REALLY liked this book!! I love pretty much anything Egyptian, so this was so up my ally. The book follows Ankhesenamun from about the age of 5 until the age of about 22. If you don't know, she was married to the famous Tutankhamun. It starts out in the Armana period, where her father, Akhenaten, and her mother, Nefertiti, ruled. Then it goes into how her and Tut change everything back to the original gods and their life together until his death, and what happens after his death.

I am such a s
Absolutely terrific..Makes me want to see Egypt again. I wish there were more books on this subject. Tut's queen is little known about in History- but Ms. Liaci makes her a little bit more relatable (and Knowable!) in her wonderful book.
Kathleen A. Danahy
Good story interesting period in history

I thought the story interesting and the author's description of life in ancient Egypt felt true. However there are numerous grammatical errors that are distracting.
Kristi Smith
Great story

Great story but editing was awful! I have never read anything published with so many grammar errors, misspellings and missing/incorrect words.
Absolutely wonderful historical fiction. If you like Egyptian history this is great. I am now hesitant to read other stories about these characters because I love how the author told their story.
Emma Comer
It's really good gets a like hot but other then that great book
Stephenie Gillen
Enjoyable Read

I chose this book because I enjoy books about Egyptian women in history. if you enjoyed Lilly of the Nile you will enjoy this book also.
I have always been interested in ancient Egypt and their monarchy. I wish we knew more about Ankhesenamun, and what happened to her.
Gemna Rokpony
I was annoyed at the beginning of this book because the characters were very young children who were ridiculously precocious. As the book continued and the characters aged, this ceased to be a problem and I began to enjoy the writing. I have to give the author major props because she had me cheering so much for Tutankhamun and Ankhesenamun that I completely forgot they were half-siblings.

Cross-posted on Gemna's Book Gems.
Lisa Lively
I love historical fiction but this was the first book I've ever read that didn't take place in France or England....and I was not disappointed, this was such an interesting and entertaining story! Couldn't put it down!
Allegra Tennis
Allegra Tennis is currently reading it
Oct 06, 2015
Mai Linh
Mai Linh marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Lyonesque is currently reading it
Sep 28, 2015
Alandkaren Colgrove
Alandkaren Colgrove marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Jacquelyne Ynez
Jacquelyne Ynez marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Kara Brueggemeier
Kara Brueggemeier marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Marie R Bates
Marie R Bates is currently reading it
Sep 15, 2015
Leah marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Natasha Sawday
Natasha Sawday marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
  • The Crook and Flail (The She-King, #2)
  • KIYA: Hope of the Pharaoh (KIYA Trilogy, #1)
  • Daughter of the Gods: A Novel of Ancient Egypt
  • The Sekhmet Bed (The She-King, #1)
  • HETAERA: Daughter of the Gods
  • Daughters of the Nile (Cleopatra's Daughter, # 3)
  • The Twelfth Transforming
  • Blind Allegiance (Blind, 1)
  • Pharaoh (Kleopatra, #2)
  • The Haunting of a Duke (Dark Regency, #1)
  • The Forgotten: Aten's Last Queen