Start by marking “The Last Heiress: The Story of Ankhesenamun, Wife of King Tutankhamun” as Want to Read:
The Last Heiress: The Story of Ankhesenamun, Wife of King Tutankhamun

The Last Heiress: The Story of Ankhesenamun, Wife of King Tutankhamun

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  166 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Beside the Golden Pharaoh Tutankhamun was a woman whose words were buried with her in the sands of the Valley of the Kings. She was the wife of two pharaohs, and a born princess. She was the last surviving daughter of the famed beauty Nefertiti. She bore children to sit on the throne of Egypt. Together with her husband, she brought prosperity back to her wounded nation. Bu ...more
Published September 20th 2010 by Authorhouse (first published September 17th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Heiress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Heiress

Lisa
Dec 04, 2012 Lisa rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ankhesenamun fans.
This is an interesting novel of the little known Egyptian Queen Ankhesenamun, daughter to Nefertiti and wife to her half-brother Tutankhamun.
Ankhesenamun was born into a unique period of Egyptian history in which her father Akhenaten's monotheistic cult tried to purge Egypt of it's many Gods in favor of worshipping Aten, a Sun God. Having read novels about Nefertiti and Akhenaten before I was familiar with the period of history that we find ourselves in at the beginning of the book. What I foun
Jill Myles
WHAT IS THIS COVER ON GOODREADS. I CAN'T EVEN. (thank god the author changed it)

So, despite my reading lists, I'm not a super super huge fan of the whole Amarna period, because I feel like it's been covered to death (unless someone wants to write me some dirty dirty Horemheb/Mutnodjmet romance, cause they are my historical OTP for no good reason at all). This book is about Ankhesenpaaten/Ankhesenamun, the wife of Tutankaten/Tutankhamun.

I thought the author did a great job with the research. Lik
Ms. Please Pass The Books
I won't go into a synopsis because you can read those yourself in the book description. For $3 this was a fantastic read, a treasure of period detail and excellent character developement. I agree with a prior reviewer that King Tut was often referred to as some sort of hunky guy, when in fact we now know him to be a bit of a skinny kid based on his mummy analysis. I was also slightly shocked that it included the birth of a son (which is highly doubtful), but given the limited information on the ...more
Stephanie
I REALLY liked this book!! I love pretty much anything Egyptian, so this was so up my ally. The book follows Ankhesenamun from about the age of 5 until the age of about 22. If you don't know, she was married to the famous Tutankhamun. It starts out in the Armana period, where her father, Akhenaten, and her mother, Nefertiti, ruled. Then it goes into how her and Tut change everything back to the original gods and their life together until his death, and what happens after his death.

I am such a s
Kay
Absolutely terrific..Makes me want to see Egypt again. I wish there were more books on this subject. Tut's queen is little known about in History- but Ms. Liaci makes her a little bit more relatable (and Knowable!) in her wonderful book.
Brenna
Absolutely wonderful historical fiction. If you like Egyptian history this is great. I am now hesitant to read other stories about these characters because I love how the author told their story.
Emma Comer
It's really good gets a like hot but other then that great book
Stephenie Gillen
Enjoyable Read

I chose this book because I enjoy books about Egyptian women in history. if you enjoyed Lilly of the Nile you will enjoy this book also.
Megan Pokorny
I was annoyed at the beginning of this book because the characters were very young children who were ridiculously precocious. As the book continued and the characters aged, this ceased to be a problem and I began to enjoy the writing. I have to give the author major props because she had me cheering so much for Tutankhamun and Ankhesenamun that I completely forgot they were half-siblings.
Lisa Lively
I love historical fiction but this was the first book I've ever read that didn't take place in France or England....and I was not disappointed, this was such an interesting and entertaining story! Couldn't put it down!
Danae
Danae marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Cara
Cara marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Lacey
Lacey marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Sabrina Fulsom
Sabrina Fulsom marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Jenny Meridius
Jenny Meridius marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
piratesswoop
piratesswoop marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Amanda Lawson
Amanda Lawson is currently reading it
Mar 10, 2015
Ayesha
Ayesha marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Nicole Stark
Nicole Stark marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Barbara E Whitehead
Barbara E Whitehead is currently reading it
Mar 04, 2015
Christine Hess
Christine Hess marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Patricia Mccormick
Patricia Mccormick marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
  • The Crook and Flail (The She-King, #2)
  • KIYA: Hope of the Pharaoh (KIYA Trilogy, #1)
  • Daughter of the Gods: A Novel of Ancient Egypt
  • The Haunting of a Duke (Dark Regency Book 1)
  • HETAERA: Daughter of the Gods
  • The Princess of Egypt Must Die
  • The Golden Dice - A Tale of Ancient Rome (Tales of Ancient Rome, #2)
  • Blind Allegiance (Blind, 1)
  • Selene of Alexandria
  • The Forgotten: Aten's Last Queen
  • The Twelfth Transforming
  • The Sekhmet Bed (The She-King, #1)
  • The First Pharaoh
  • Pharaoh (Kleopatra, #2)
  • Tidewater: A Novel of Pocahontas and the Jamestown Colony