Start by marking “Shoes, Ships And Cadavers: Tales From North Londonshire” as Want to Read:
Shoes, Ships And Cadavers: Tales From North Londonshire

Shoes, Ships And Cadavers: Tales From North Londonshire

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  4 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Published (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Shoes, Ships And Cadavers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shoes, Ships And Cadavers

Mark
Oct 27, 2010 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this, horror
(point of interest - I belong to this writers group and a story of mine appears in the anthology)

A collection of stories about Northampton(shire), from members of the Northampton SF Writers Group, this is edited by Ian Whates and Ian Watson and has a terrific introduction from Alan Moore. There are 12 stories in total, ranging from olde-worlde, through ghost stories, to SF and whilst some of them take liberties with the location (they could have been set anywhere), most utilitise Northamptonshir
Tim Taylor
Jun 02, 2012 Tim Taylor added it  ·  (Review from the author)
There are some wild flights of imagination in this book of speculative stories set around Northampton. The introduction from Alan Moore is a surprisingly good and passionate read (perhaps I should bother to read introductions more often). I can't rate this as I wrote one of the stories.
Nigel Edwards
Jan 11, 2015 Nigel Edwards rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-own-work
Can't think why I haven't commented on this before. Anyway, a great collection of stories from a variety of authors, including me. Highly recommended, even if you don't read my contribution.
Xan
Xan rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Poeticdemise
Poeticdemise marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Madeline Lund
Madeline Lund marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
Paddy O'callaghan
Paddy O'callaghan rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2012
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2011
Ian Whates lives in a comfortable home down a quiet cul-de-sac in an idyllic Cambridgeshire village, which he shares with his partner Helen and their pets – Honey the golden cocker spaniel, Calvin the tailless black cat and Inky the goldfish (sadly, Binky died a few years ago).

Ian’s earliest memories of science fiction are fragmented. He remembers loving Dr Who from an early age and other TV shows
More about Ian Whates...