Start by marking “Mia in the Mix (Cupcake Diaries, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mia in the Mix (Cupcake Diaries, #2)

Mia in the Mix (Cupcake Diaries #2)

4.27  ·  Rating Details ·  1,243 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
At Park Street School, you have the Popular Girls. They even have a Popular Girls Club. But what happens when you aren’t invited to join? Do you start an Unpopular Club? No, you start aCupcake Club!

This second book from The Cupcake Diaries is told through the perspective of Mia. Like the other members of the club, readers will get a chance to know the new girl in school.
Published May 3rd 2011 by Simon Spotlight (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mia in the Mix, please sign up.

Katie Franker 'Mia in the Mix' is about a girl with 3 friends who decided to make a club and make cupcakes. In the last book, she and her 3 friends, Katie and…more'Mia in the Mix' is about a girl with 3 friends who decided to make a club and make cupcakes. In the last book, she and her 3 friends, Katie and Alexis and Emma got a job to make cupcakes in the spring. Now they have another job for Ms. Biddle's sister. (less)
The Cupcake Queen by Heather HeplerSave the Cupcake! by Lisa PapademetriouPizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous by Kathryn WilliamsClose to Famous by Joan BauerCake Pop Crush by Suzanne   Nelson
YA & MG Baking Fiction
22nd out of 79 books — 21 voters
Katie Sprinkled Secrets by Coco SimonAlexis's Cupcake Cupid by Coco SimonEmma's Not-So-Sweet Dilemma by Coco SimonMia's Recipe for Disaster by Coco SimonKatie Starting from Scratch by Coco Simon
Cupcake Diaries
24th out of 24 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Rebekah Henschen
May 03, 2013 Rebekah Henschen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
The book Cupcake Diaries: Mia in the Mix is written by Coco Simon and is the 2nd book in the sires. The book has 156 pages and 18 chapters. In the first book it is all about Katie and how she starts the CC (The Cupcake Club).

Mia is a new kid to school and has no new friends. Her parents are divorced and her dad lives in Manhattan. Mia is feeling very lonely and finds Katie, Alexis and Emma. They decided that for a fundraiser for the dance. The group of friends decides to bake 3 dozen cupcakes
Jun 29, 2012 Talia rated it it was amazing
This is a problem any ordainary girl could have.It makes you hang of your seat the entire time. I loved this book because the author showed what is wrong and right, but then at the end she has lots of groups of friends and only has 3 faishon show tickets. Finaly, the author brings out who she should really be friends with.
Feb 23, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm really enjoying this series- I think it's a fun flashback to Babysitter's Club for me :) Each book is from a different girl's perspective, so that was a fun way to change it up (and one of the reason's it reminds me of BSC- oh yeah, I'm using the abbreviation). This was another positive, sugary installment of the series, and it's a easy little relaxing read.
Jul 31, 2011 e.c.h.a rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anak-anak yang beranjak remaja
Siapa bilang berteman itu harus nge-gank? Kita bisa kok "mix it up" sesuai yang kita inginkan. Memang akan sulit di awal tapi di akhir akan berakhir manis seperti Vanilla Cupcake :)
Crys (The Hodgenator)
Mia is a part of the Cupcake Club, a group of four girls who share a love for eating (and now baking) cupcakes. But Mia has another interest too, one that her friends from the CC do not fancy - fashion. But the members of the Popular Girls Club do, and they seem to always run into Mia at the mall.

Can Mia be friends with two sets of girls while staying true to herself? Can she "mix it up" and be friends with everyone, or will she have to choose sides?

Cupcake Diaries is an adorable tween series. K
Aug 16, 2012 Chrissy rated it really liked it
Shelves: youth
Mia spends most of her time trying to balance two different worlds. She still has friends in NYC, but she is adjusting to life in the suburbs with her mom, her mom's fiance, Eddie, and a slightly annoying future stepbrother, Dan. As a member of the cupcake club, she gets to spend her time baking and decorating cupcakes with her friends. But Mia likes fashion and shopping too -- and so do the members of the PGC (Popular Girls Club). Can she manage to juggle life between the city and the suburbs, ...more
Kaiti Holman
May 06, 2015 Kaiti Holman rated it it was amazing
This book is written by an amazing author, which made the book interesting and fun! Mia in the Mix by Coco Simon is the second book in Cupcake Diaries series. This book is told through the perspective of Mia Velaz-Cruz, the main character. Mia's parents are divorced, so she travels back and forth on the weekends . She has this thing with Mondays, she hates them,for multiple reasons. Mia has three best friends, Emma, Alexis, and Katie and they started a group called The Cupcake Club which thrived ...more
Astri Nardi (Asuka Mai)
After i really enjoyed Katie's story from the previous book, this time we'll meet Mia, the most stylish of all the Cupcake Club members.

Yes! She loves fashion so much and she loves to mix and match outfit, her mom is also one of an expert and open her own fashion business.

Unfortunately, her friends in Cupcake Club aren't interested that much with it fashion, but not with PGC girl who always run to mall and look for a new shirt or cool outfit.

Until Mia many times found out that she enjoyed being
Jun 28, 2014 Star rated it it was amazing
iluv this booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook
Kathryn Ruiz
Nov 18, 2015 Kathryn Ruiz rated it really liked it
I like this book because it's very relatable. It shows how Mia really fells about moving and her finding true friends. I recommend this book to girls who just want to read a fun book. I really enjoy when Mia
tries to figure out who to be friends with.
Anna Miller
Apr 13, 2016 Anna Miller rated it really liked it
I liked the book Mia in the mix by Coco Simon. Mia in the mix is about Mia, she is a new classmate at school and has trouble fitting in. She decides to join the Cupcake club. When the popular girls club is interested in Mia’s style they decide to ask her to join there group and Mia had to make a hard decision. I liked this book and
I recommend it to anybody.
Paige Lovelace
Feb 29, 2016 Paige Lovelace rated it it was amazing
I love Mia's point of view!!!!
Apr 13, 2015 Christy rated it liked it
Shelves: popular

Taylor Smith
Sep 11, 2015 Taylor Smith rated it really liked it
The book "Mia in the Mix" is great. It is about a girl named Mia who goes to school and the popular girls club decided that they want her to join. So throughout the book, you see what hard decisions she has to make. Including weather or not to stay with her friends or join in with the popular girls. I think that this is such a great book and is very interesting.
Jul 03, 2014 Ak rated it liked it
It was a cute book. A very short read too. I think theses books are really cute and fluffy because the characters are in, I believe seventh grade. I really relate to each character and their problems.
I think out of the books I've read in the series, I connected to Mia and I felt her. The book was enjoyable and, as always had a great ending!!
Leah age 9 - I liked this book just as much as the last one. Mia worked through a lot of complicated relationships. She was stuck between the cupcake club and the popular girls club. She also had to adjust to her new family. She got through these challenges with the help of good friends and cupcakes. I can't wait to read the 3rd book!
Jul 30, 2016 Readmate rated it it was amazing
My friend recommend this book to me and I am so grateful she did. But now I am until book 9, because I did not find book 10 in any of the bookstores. All in all, I love the writing of coco simon because it is described beautifully, and some of the books just jump right in and expect you to know everything they are saying.
Jan 09, 2016 Anidos rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the first vol better than this one, maybe because I could relate myself more to Katie than to Mia here. Also, the translation's not as smooth as the first book. But I liked how it ended and what happened between Mia and Dan--okay, this is personal but big-brother thingy is my soft spot.

So yeah. Almost three.
Shagun Agarwal
Dec 27, 2015 Shagun Agarwal rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. I read the first book and it was so amazing that I had to start the second book. I couldn't stop reading. I read it 3 times. It was about a girl called Mia who was kind of having a hard time but at the end well...... I think you should read the book except of me telling you everything.
A must read.
May 17, 2013 Balletprincess rated it really liked it
Same thing as with book one the mention of twilight though not by name is unnecessary plus the vampires in twilight Don`t wear all black. But other than that I really like it, love how the girls each have different family background, some with siblings and Mis(a not s kindle) having divorced parents. I love how the main character changes in each book so that you get to know each girl. Really love how the adults are included because at this age your parents are a big part of your life, having to ...more
Jonna VanWienen
Jul 04, 2016 Jonna VanWienen rated it really liked it
2nd book in the series. Lots of kids can relate to Mia adjusting in a blended family home. She need to figure out how to balance all the new things in her life and find out who her true friends are. The end was very cute.
Apr 19, 2012 Ubalstecha rated it liked it
Mia is a transplanted Manhattenite. She is starting to make new friends at Park Street Middle School, most especially the Cupcake Club. But the girls of the Cupcake Club don't like fashion the way Mia does. And when Mia runs into the Popular Girls Club at the mall, she loves that they can talk clothes. But this new friendship puts a strain on that with the Cupcake Club, not to mention Mia's conflicted feelings about her parents' divorce and their new relationships. Mia has a to figure out how to ...more
Aug 10, 2014 Kt rated it it was amazing
I really like the series of cupcake diaries, I am currently on book #21, I think Mia has to balance her time with the cupcake club, NYC, and fashion.
Sep 01, 2016 MissfanFic0405 rated it it was amazing
This book is f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c!!!! Seriously, Mia in the Mix is my favourite book of the series! Well written and interesting...
Halle Stout
Apr 04, 2015 Halle Stout rated it really liked it
Great book, I would recommend this to any upcoming middle schooler who is outgoing and is figuring him/herself out.
Mar 25, 2016 JennaK rated it it was amazing
I loved this book.It was so fun to read.
This book was great.
Zoe Dalat
Jul 28, 2014 Zoe Dalat rated it it was amazing
It was a really good book about friendship,loyalty and difficult problems
Mia went through a hard time. Making a new group of friends, having a lot of things in common with the enemies of her new friends,missing her old friends and her dad wanting to marry again. She had some trouble but at the the end everything was back to normal and had a greater friendship with her new friends!!!!!!!! :)
May 10, 2016 Jade rated it really liked it
I think this book is very interesting and I love it.
Mar 20, 2016 Jean rated it really liked it
Recommended by Cam. Liked this as much as the first one.
Jan Stanford
Nov 18, 2015 Jan Stanford rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-kids
Didn't like it as much as the first book but still a huge hit with my daughter as I read to her every night.
  • Chrissa
  • The Crazy Case of Missing Thunder (Goofballs #1)
  • The Power of Poppy Pendle
  • Agnes Parker . . . Girl in Progress
  • The Epic Documentary of a Not-Yet-Epic Kid (Classroom, #1)
  • Sprinkles and Secrets
  • The Missing Magic (B Magical, #1)
  • Peace, Love and Cupcakes (The Cupcake Club, #1)
  • The Whites of Their Eyes
  • Just Add Magic
  • Save the Cupcake! (Confectionately Yours, #1)
  • Partners in Crime (Sleuth or Dare, #1)
  • Caramel Moon
  • Witch Twins (Witch Twins, #1)
  • Till Death Do Us Bark (43 Old Cemetery Road, #3)
  • Life, Starring Me! (Candy Apple #18)
  • Empire State of Slime (The Zombie Chasers #4)
  • Just Grace, Star on Stage (Just Grace, #9)
Coco Simon always dreamed of opening a cupcake bakery, but she’s afraid she would eat all the profits. When she’s not daydreaming about cupcakes, Coco edits children’s books and has written close to 100 books for children, tweens, and young adults, which is a lot less than the number of cupcakes she’s eaten. Cupcake Diaries is the first time Coco has mixed her love of cupcakes with writing.
More about Coco Simon...

Cupcake Diaries (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Katie and the Cupcake Cure (Cupcake Diaries, #1)
  • Emma on Thin Icing (Cupcake Diaries, #3)
  • Alexis and the Perfect Recipe (Cupcake Diaries, #4)
  • Katie, Batter Up! (Cupcake Diaries, #5)
  • Mia's Baker's Dozen (Cupcake Diaries, #6)
  • Emma All Stirred Up! (Cupcake Diaries, #7)
  • Alexis Cool as a Cupcake (Cupcake Diaries, #8)
  • Katie and the Cupcake War (Cupcake Diaries, #9)
  • Mia's Boiling Point (Cupcake Diaries, #10)
  • Emma, Smile and Say "Cupcake!" (Cupcake Diaries, #11)