Start by marking “The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2)

The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms #2)

4.34  ·  Rating Details ·  33,498 Ratings  ·  1,918 Reviews
Haunted by the loss of his mother and sister, hunted by the powerful Bayar family, Han Alister makes a devil’s bargain with the clans. If they sponsor his schooling at Mystwerk Academy at Oden’s Ford, he will become their magical sell-sword against the power-hungry Wizard Council.

Han and his clan friend Fire Dancer undertake the dangerous journey south through war-torn Ard
Published September 28th 2010 by Disney Press (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Exiled Queen, please sign up.

Katie I'm currently in the middle of "The Gray Wolf Throne" and up until not the most adult content is making out and groping. And that's actually only…moreI'm currently in the middle of "The Gray Wolf Throne" and up until not the most adult content is making out and groping. And that's actually only happened a handful of times. So, not much.(less)
A. Castle Yes!!! It can be a little slow, but what comes ahead is almost always guaranteed to make you gasp in shock.

Katerina
Nov 22, 2016 Katerina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
“Nobody's going to hand you anything. You don't get what you don't go after.”

Well, I wanted a sequel as mindblowing as The Demon King and I got it! I am under Cinda Williams Chima's spell!

“The pressure of past tragedies drove him forward - the need to escape reminders of his losses, and the desire to be somewhere other than where he'd been.
That, and a smoldering desire for revenge.”

After losing everything he cared about, Han Alister is on his way to Oden's Ford to attend Hogwarts Schoo
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
It's not enough to know right from wrong. You need the strength to do what's right, even when what you want most in the world is the wrong thing.

Rating:

HOLY CRAP. This book was literally everything. The Exiled Queen was such a major step up from The Demon King. This series just keeps getting better and better with each installment. I'm saying this straight out: IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE SEVEN REALMS SERIES, YOU BETTER GET A MOVE ON BECAUSE YOU ARE MISSING OUT.

The Exiled Queen was absolute
Cait • A Page with a View
Ok wow. Yes. This series most definitely got SO much better here! I finished the first book yesterday and am already on the third one if that says anything.

The first book wasn't terribly gripping, but I gave it a hesitant 4.5 stars hoping that everything it built up to would deliver. And all of the time that it spent setting up the sequels was totally worth it! All of the characters' storylines converged in this book in the most brilliantly tangled way and I just LOVE EVERYONE SO MUCH. I ship ev
Maureen
Jun 04, 2016 Maureen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These FREAKING books man.
I love the characters, I love the word, I love the plot. I love everything about them.
Raisa is such a great character and I really love how the author includes tropes I'm normally so tired of seeing but twists them in such an interesting way that I love them and they are fun to read.
GAH so much love for this series so far.
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)

Let's be real, okay? If I didn’t have to get up in 5 hours, I would dive in The Gray Wolf Throne RIGHT NOW.

“You couldn’t keep your mouth shut? I’m calling you Glitterhair from now on. Or Talksalot.”

I don’t know what is it with these books that keep me captivated and compelled to read more and more and more. The characters' growth is fantastic, my boy Han fascinating, the plot way more surprising but it still contains several tropes that I usually don't like - including an heroine who "loves" s
Anne
Re-read 2016

If you you were on the fence about the first book, I'm begging you to give #2 a chance!

description

This is where everything starts to come together & make sense in a big way.
In The Demon King, Han & Rasia's lives only intersect for a small portion of the book. I believe the main reason for that is because the author wanted each of them to have full backstories, including other romantic interests. I love that both of these characters have been in love before, and that their boyfriends/gir
Jessica (priceiswong)
Jan 15, 2016 Jessica (priceiswong) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wishlist
I know this is going to be a really tough book for me to review.
I loved this book, just like the Demon King, but there were definitely some parts of it that I liked less... but then again I really did love seeing our characters in new places and finally working a lot more with magic. So there were some aspects that I sort of enjoyed MORE I guess.. I don't really know.

I've heard a lot of people say that this book was slower than The Demon King, and unfortunately I agree with them. Although, it s
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Yay! I love fantasy again!!!

Yet, I still hate reviewing fantasy - with an added emphasis on the word hate.

Most books = Point A to point b.

Fantasy books = Point A intersects with person C on the way to meeting person F at point Y.

How the heck do you review that?

I'll reiterate what I've loved about Seven Realms so far. These books meet the criteria for what I'd like to see more of in YA fantasy. There is action and adventure. There are plenty of varied characters from all walks of life. There i
Cait (Paper Fury)
ALL THE LOVE TO THIS INCREDIBLY UNDERRATED SERIES. All. the. love, I tell you. Excuse me, but I think I fell in love with 2 or 29 characters. I just feel so monstrously HAPPY after reading such an epic book!!! Not that it's a happy book. hahahaa. No. NO it's not. But it's amazingly written and the characters are adorable and the development is extraordinary and I'M JUST SO INVOLVED. It's the kind of book that absolutely swallows you while you read.

WHERE EVEN TO START? OMG.

Okay but let's talk ab
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)

Agh! HAN! Now, I'm not guna lie....I loved book one WAY more than this. However-my track record is that I almost ALWAYS hate book two in a series, because, well, things are still developing. Hey, don't blame me. I like the build-up, but I'm fucking ready for this epic book three and four now-LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Due to the fact that I KNOW book three and four will be epic thanks to my lovely Dark Pup, I have no doubt this series is about to get real fangirlish for me.

You've been warned.

For more
Robin (Bridge Four)
Re-reading for the release of Flamecaster with some peeps at Buddies Books and Baubles

Original Review

Definitely for Fantasy Lovers of all ages.

Han and Raisa are both now headed separately to Oden’s Ford for training. Han needs to learn how to harness the power inside him to be able to fulfill the deal he made with the clans. Raisa needs to hide from her mother and a forced marriage she didn’t want until it is safer to come home. There seems to be danger around every corner for both of them.

Raisa
Melissa (Ever So Mela)

I'm actually writing this as I come to and end of the third book. Why, you ask? Because despite my blatant dislike for the first book, and my not so impressed mood of the second book, I do believe this is a series worth trying. It actually reminds me of a couple of series, that while I despised the first book, the latter ones came to grow on me until I couldn't help but fall in love. Hopefully, that is the case here.

While they seem to have no clear plot or drive, as you read, you see many tibits
Amren's Wife Taylor
I want to say first off that I enjoyed this book so much more than book one. And really, I can’t explain why, but I’m going to try. With book one I felt like nothing was really going on almost, but now it feels more like it was just the first puzzle piece and couldn’t be fully appreciated without seeing the rest of it. I feel as though I’m in the middle of the story, and then the book is bam over and I have to run and fetch the next one to keep going. It’s not like cliffhangers, really, because ...more
Lexie
Feb 03, 2016 Lexie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, read-in-2016
No, really. This book is the lovechild of Harry Potter and The Name of the Wind, with an extra pump of sass and hilarity, except it's set in a queendom, and everyone's some version of a half-blood mutt. It's basically all my favorite things in one.
Sam Franks
Jul 20, 2010 Sam Franks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like Cinda Wiliams Chima. Her previous books had her on my 'will watch with eagle eye' list. But the Seven Realm novels have landed her smack dab in the middle of my 'need to cyber stalk write like her' list.
See, I like huge fantasy books, but I do agree, some of them can get dull. I didn't have that problem with this one. Instead of focusing on ornate descriptions and oodles and bunches of fantastical creatures, The Exiled Queen is full of characters that I love. While the plot is great and t
Kisses A
Jul 01, 2016 Kisses A rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summy of feelings

Han&Raisa

Full review to come
description

I can't wait to start this!!!! I loved the first one and I love that I have the other books out already so I won't have to wait! ( I think they're out) the characters are amazing and fun and I just can't wait anymore. I am gonna start now.
Amelia, the pragmatic idealist
Ahh, what can I say about this series? It's like George Martin fantasy for younger audiences (only that's not exactly fair to George Martin - at least the guy knows how to create dynamic, intriguing characters. Chima's Seven Realms series, by contrast, is populated solely by wet noodles). Boo. I don't recommend this series, and I won't be continuing with it.

Longer review of the overall series
Here's the thing...this series really frustrates me. This is the kind of series that screams 'READ ME AM
Choko
Mar 11, 2016 Choko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy
*** 4.25 ***

A buddy read with the fantastic Fantasy lovers at BB&B!

Started with the travel of all our young characters, be it good or bad, unknowingly ending up in the same town, same school and at the same time - talk about a coincidence:-)

Once at the school, our 4 main characters, Han, Raisa, Amon and Dancer all have to deal with the typical for being the new kid at school issues on top of the never ending blows their respective faiths have dealt them by the virtue of their births... The c
Brittney ~ Her Bookish Things
Well THAT was a whirlwind of crazy emotions... and I freaking loved it.

So ok. The first half of this book is completely dragging... slow, but still somehow rich and somewhat interesting... but I was definitely wondering when all our characters were gonna be thrust back together. (Also uhm... hello Harry Potter world.) Whatever. I still adore this world. Slow building or not, it is completely fascinating and so well put together.

Holy crap of the world... the second half of the book. Er ok.. mayb
Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin
www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

I loved this book better than the first! I'm hoping they all keep getting better!

All of the characters both good and bad end up at the same school! They are all set up in different houses. You have wizards, learning to fight, book work, etc.

And Raisa who was such a little twit in the beginning of the first book, has redeemed herself even more in this book. I still believe she will make a great Queen. I feel sorry for her and Amon. She has known him all of he
Nouf *LostinFantasy*
“But it’s not enough to know right from wrong. You need the strength to do what’s right, even when what you want most in the world is the wrong thing.”

4 stars! (Would give it 3.5 to be objective but my enjoyment level pushes it up).

I'm having such a great time reading this series!

The setting is different from the first book -- the characters go to neighboring wizard and military schools! I really enjoyed the school setting. And for a while in the book, the characters in the wizard school (Ha
Kristi
Nov 06, 2011 Kristi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adore this series. I don't know why I waited so long to read this book! Although I'm glad that I have a copy of the next book at hand...which now I hear is book three in the four book series!

It has been a while since I read The Demon King but it wasn't hard to get caught up in the incredible world that Chima created and remember the fantastic characters that seemed like long lost friends! It's been amazing watching these characters grow, just in these first two novels.... especially
Victor Almeida
Jul 01, 2016 Victor Almeida rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
**4.5**

O segundo volume da série foi muito bom, mas não superou o primeiro. Não sei se perdi o ímpeto, mas senti que não li com o mesmo ânimo. A história toma um rumo completamente diferente e os personagens passam a maior parte do livro no cenário restrito de uma "universidade". Ótimo pra quem ama uma vibe meio Harry Potter ou O Nome do Vento, mas eu gostaria de ter explorado mais desse universo fantástico.

As descrições, os cenários e os personagens ainda são maravilhosos. A trama talvez tenha
Nafiza
Jun 28, 2015 Nafiza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And the adventure continues in the second book. If the first book was laying all the main characters in place, with the pace a bit honey, the second book speeds from one place to another, skipping through the terrain with a ferocity and a recklessness that will have you catching your breath. It is an entirely amazing feat that Chima manages to sustain her story, in fact, she makes it even more intense in the second book than it was in the first. Now there’s a purpose and the characters she intro ...more
Stephanie
Dec 31, 2016 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It gets even better. I'm thinking more like 4.5. I'm really enjoying this. I'm went straight to the next nook!!!! Loving it!!!
Maye
Jun 12, 2016 Maye rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
"I live in the present because the future is always chancy. When it comes to being with you, I'm willing to take the risk.”
I really enjoyed this book!

I'm really loving the easy-to-read writing style of the author. It kinda dragged in the middle but it was never boring. This book is 400+ pages long but I never found myself bored. It's just too slow for me. I've always had problems with slow paced books, but there's an ease in the way the author tells a story that always leaves me with a veheme
Azbaqiyah
Plot - I really love the plot. Even the setting was quite remarkable! Oden's Ford is a city like school. It's awsome and I get the feeling of Eragon and Harry Potter mix all together. The students even jinx to prank each others. LOL.

Character - Again I love all the characters.

World Building - I wish to go Oden's Ford. Really, I really need to go there this instand.

Writing Style - Cynical. Funny. Romantic. You name it. It's was surperb!

Stars - 5 .
Fran
4.5 Stars

I can't believe I resisted this series for years! I love it.
Bailey
Sometimes I just can't put into words why I like a book. I mean, I just do. This is one of those times.

Not so helpful in the way of a review but you'll just have to take my word that its so good.

description

The only problem you might have is deciding. Swords and fierce loyalty or magic and clever snark.

I still can't choose.
Thays
Jun 14, 2016 Thays rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DAMN!! THIS BOOK WAS SOO GOOD OMG, I love every character of this book, all of them are so different and complicated also... the romance is killing me!
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns, #2)
  • Darkfall (Healing Wars, #3)
  • Eona: The Last Dragoneye (Eon, #2)
  • The King of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, #3)
  • The Runaway King (The Ascendance Trilogy, #2)
  • Forging the Sword (The Farsala Trilogy, #3)
  • Dragonfly
  • Fury of the Phoenix (Kingdom of Xia, #2)
  • Scent of Magic (Healer, #2)
  • StarCrossed (Thief Errant, #1)
  • Sapphique (Incarceron, #2)
  • The Buccaneer's Apprentice (The Cassaforte Chronicles, #2)
  • The Crowded Shadows (Moorehawke Trilogy, #2)
  • Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3)
New York Times bestselling author Cinda Williams Chima comes from a long line of fortune-tellers, musicians and spinners of tales. She began writing romance novels in middle school, which were often confiscated by her teachers.

Her Heir Chronicles series (magic comes to contemporary Ohio) comprises The Warrior Heir The Wizard Heir . The Dragon Heir The Enchanter Heir, and the Sorcerer Heir.

Chima's
More about Cinda Williams Chima...

Seven Realms (4 books)
  • The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1)
  • The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3)
  • The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)

“But it's not enough to know right from wrong. You need the strength to do what's right, even when what you want most in the world is the wrong thing.” 173 likes
“And it's not just a matter of you hurting me. I will hurt you too, even if I don't want to, I'm not the girl you think I am. And you will remember this conversation , and wish that you'd listened to me.” 108 likes