Start by marking “Mina's Joint” as Want to Read:
Mina's Joint

Mina's Joint

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  1,061 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Once again she's back! Keisha Ervin that is, with her spellbinding tale of love, family, money and scandal. In this sizzling new story, Keisha introduces you to Mina Matthews. Mina is not your typical around-the-way girl; her dreams of making a life for herself outside the hood are now a reality. At the age of 25, she has her own full service salon, Mina's Joint, drives a ...more
Published November 1st 2005 by Triple Crown Publications (first published October 31st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Mina's Joint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mina's Joint

G-Spot by NoireThe Coldest Winter Ever by Sister SouljahAddicted by ZaneEvery Thug Needs a Lady by Wahida ClarkStripping Asjiah by Sa'Rese Thompson
Best Urban Fiction
24th out of 176 books — 291 voters
Every Thug Needs a Lady by Wahida ClarkThe Cartel by Ashley AntoinetteTrue to the Game by Teri WoodsThugs and the Women Who Love Them by Wahida ClarkThe Dopeman's Wife by JaQuavis Coleman
THE BEST URBAN FICTION EVER
12th out of 167 books — 133 voters

More lists with this book...

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
SPOILER FREE REVIEW
4STARS
Genre: Urban Romance-Interracial Love/Latin Lover
Setting: St.Louis, Mo.

"How can i marry him when i don't wanna be in the same room as him?" -Mina in Mina's Joint

Mina is young black and successful. She is 25 yrs old, ownwer of Mina's Joint Salon and currently engaged to the mayors son Andrew Wellington. The Wellington's are a well known wealthy family in St.Louis, Mina's family lives in the hood. And they are very hood in every stereo typical way.

Mina is not happy with An
Nee
Very good read!! I loved it I wish this book had a part 2 ;)
Lady Raven RAVE!

Story: GOOD
Intimacy Level: VERY VERY GOOD
Enjoyment: GOOD
Length: 260 pages

THOUGHTS

I actually, read Torn before Mina's Joint so I was familiar with Mina. But reading her story, wow, what drama awaits her. The moment she made eye contact with Victor, it was sexy. Hell, Victor was down right sexy and I just wanted to keep reading about him, not that jerk Andrew. Mina is running her business and is engaged to the mayor's son. With a public image to uphold Mina tries
Desarae
This book is just amazing. I love how Mina and Victor finally gets it right and be together at the end. All the twists and turns, all the secretes that ended up being revealed will have your mouth stuck open. I suggest everyone should read this book .
Marci
Really great read.. Loved that Mina and Victor finally got it right, and that Andrew got what was coming to him.
Charmanie Saquea
Mina

I've had this book on my kindle for a while but just took the time out to read it. I loved Victor's character, I'm happy Mina stopped playing and made the right decision in the end.
Me'Tova Hollingsworth
Outstanding story! I will be reading more from Keisha Ervin.
Sherrall
This book was okay while reading this I felt like I've read a book like this once before. Andrew was a fucking jerk - I dont know why Mina didn't toss his confused, twisted, big headed ass to the curve. I appreciate Ms.Ervin's writing ability but it just wasn't for me. In my opinion I wanted this book to live up to the standards of Chyna Black but it failed to do that :-(
Al-naee
OMG . This is a M U S T R E A D *
I read this book over night , & I loved every second. Best urban book I've Read so Far . I feel somewhat lucky to have read this book & feel kinda sorry for those who haven't :-P
I love Mina & Victor's relationship it even had me second guessing my own LOL . anywho Those who haven't read this book you are sure MISSING OUT**
Shanae
I absolutely love this novel. Mina's Joint is a page-turner. I enjoyed the characters & the plotline. The characters in this novel & the trials they endure/overcome can really help so many young ladies going through the same situations; it can even serve as a guide for young women who may encounter such issues in their interpersonal relationships. Great book!
Kellee
I had high expectations for this book because I love Keisha Ervin, but the book was not that good to me. It held my attention for a few parts and then completely didn't have my attention for a lot of other parts. I'm glad I read it and got it out of the way, but I won't be reading it again and will be getting rid of my copy.
Arielle Crowell
I really liked this book because it was a good love story. I really could feel the love between Mina and her beau. It had some drama in it but i wouldnt say this book was based on the drama. I liked it. It was well put together and the love was so clear to see. Maybe I'm just a sucker for real love!
Desiree Sligh
Yet again Keisha Ervin didn't let me down! I fell in love with Mina and Victor! I'm just a hopeless romantic and I love love stories! I hated Andrew and he go what he deserved! I liked the ending but it left me wondering if she is ever going to write a sequel or wrote a sequel to this book! I want more!
Shay Thomas
I loved this book, read it every chance I got would have finished it same day if I wasn't busy. I was so in love with the Victor character, him and Mina was made for each other, the ending caught me off gaurd though I was wondering if it was going to be a sequel to this book ...Must Read <3 <3 <3
Lisa
Jan 20, 2013 Lisa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: drama
I was sceptical about reading this book, but Keisha Ervin is a good author whose books I enjoy reading. I was told by one of my good friends, who says I need intervention to get the book, glad I did. Another good read!
Giselle
It's very detailed and keeps you entertained. A lot of action goes on in this book and many interesting characters each are very unique.
Danielle M
Mina's Joint was just okay to me, I think that that the book reminded me of another writer's style but still had a good story line
Aja Hill
this book is the truth when it comes to real love! i read this book multiple times!!!
Shante Nixon
Gay sex part was a little much I do love the story and the author very much!
Tyanne
Apr 01, 2008 Tyanne added it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Tyanne by: Shontay
Loved it I wish I would have read it before Torn but it was still good
Keyona
I LOVE THIS BOOK! I THINK KEISHA NEEDS TO DO A BOOK ON DELICOUS
Felicia Hatten
I enjoyed this love story so much that I finished it within 6 hours
Stephanie Seawright
Great book! Looking ofrward to reading more of Ms. Ervin.
Allison
Lots a drama, lots of good parts, has a good ending
Keniisha
This author is great. all of her books are interesting.
Deeshawn
I Loved this book!! I can read it over n over again
Tonya r
*DIDNT LIKE THE BEGINNG BUT THE REST WAS SO GUD*
Lashaun Steele-hinton
This one is a must read. Love this author!
Diana
really really a good book
Jemiea
Thugs and romance.
this is about Mina's Joint 1 5 Dec 14, 2013 08:03PM
  • Grindin'
  • Black: Triple Crown Publications Presents
  • Crack Head (Triple Crown Publications Presents)
  • Moth to a Flame
  • Sheisty (Sheisty series, #1)
  • No Secrets No Lies
  • Black & Ugly
  • Game Over (Triple Crown Publications Presents)
  • Stackin' Paper
  • A Project Chick
  • What We Won't Do For Love
  • Whore
  • Death Before Dishonor
Hailing from St. Louis, Missouri, Keisha Ervin is a prolific writer and devoted mother. Her success has drawn much deserved attention to herself and her hometown.
She is the author of the National Best-Sellers Chyna Black, Me & My Boyfriend, Mina's Joint and Hold U Down, as well as the novel Torn and the short story After the Storm, featured in the Street Love anthology.
More about Keisha Ervin...
Torn (Triple Crown Publications Presents) Chyna Black (Triple Crown Publications Presents) Hold U Down Material Girl Me & My Boyfriend