Start by marking “Sins of Omission” as Want to Read:
Sins of Omission

Sins of Omission (Sins #1)

Beloved New York Times bestselling author Fern Michaels sweeps listeners from war-torn France to the dawn of Hollywood’s golden age in this spellbinding novel of love and deception.…

When Reuben Tarz meets Marchioness Michelene Fonsard, known as Madame Mickey, he is a wounded American soldier desperate to escape the hell of the French trenches. Madame Mickey offers another
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published August 3rd 2010 by Brilliance Audio (first published October 14th 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Sins of Omission, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sins of Omission

Jessica McReaderpants
Well written but I has some serious problems with the logic of this book. (Spoiler alert) I am supposed to believe that someone can get so drunk that they mistake a short 17 year old for a 42 year old woman with whom you have been sleeping with and that that extremely inebriated person would be able to pin down and maintain an erection (whiskey dick not withstanding) forcibly rape said 17 year old. Really Fern, really? Then he loves Mickey (the 42 year old) so much that he can't tell her the tru ...more
Laurel
Nov 24, 2012 Laurel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book and was immediately hooked and bought it. The beginning setting is WWI in a French hospital filled with injured American soldiers. It was well written, but none of the characters were someone with which I could identify. It was definitely interesting, and the beginning is really good. As I continued to read I realized the book was rather smutty.

The title is very appropriate. Everybody "omits" telling somebody else and these sins of omission change the outcome of their live
S.J. Tyson
Jan 25, 2016 S.J. Tyson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fascinating story! Set during World War I, this book takes the main characters from war to living in France, and finally to Hollywood. The writing is interwoven in layers that make you want to read more, creating interesting characters and settings that really pull you into the story. The book is over 500 pages, but is one of the few books I have read lately that I kept picking it up to read and finished in one weekend. I did not know until today that there is a sequel (Sins Of The Flesh), whi ...more
Alissa
May 31, 2012 Alissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is pretty long (like 600+ pages!) and really good. I was always lost in the story and how it flowed. Even though it is set back in the early 1900's I could relate to the story. I sometimes have a hard time understanding what life was like back then since I have no clue, but this story was a story of the characters not the settings. Also, I loved how human the people are. They aren't some fluff that nobody can understand. Bebe is a spoiled brat but also someone who can love deeply. Reub ...more
Ashley
Dec 04, 2011 Ashley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
There are not many positives to say about this book. I was bored through most of it and to be frank, it just was not good. This book is a love triangle gone all wrong. Wealth, power, or love? Seems like wealth and power were much more important, which is unfortunate. Some spots leave you hanging and saying what?? There were many characters that had no relevance to the plot of the story. If there was a question below this review asking if I would recommend this book to others, I'd say no.
Maureen Wasacase
I was disappointed in this book. Very shallow characters and they are not really defined well, therefore the reader can't invest themselves in the characters and/or the story. I am reading the second book and am still not enthralled but will plug along and finish the book. I am a huge Fern Michaels fan and have read just about everything she has written. These 2 books do not, in my estimation, live up to her high standards.
Patricia Solla
Interesting storyline. The author starts with WWI and end just before WWII. The characters are well developed if a little strange. This is a very wordy book. It held my attention and it's a sort of to be continued. I liked the descriptions of the War, the French countryside, and the interaction of the characters.
Dendera
I'm a big fan of Fern Michaels, but I had to give this book a 3.5 stars rating, cuz it was not one of my favourites of hers. She has written other more captivating books than this one. And the heroine, the blonde American girl "Bebe" was a complete shrew!! I wanted to smack her silly all through the novel..Can't believe I even put up with such a character!
Cali
Mar 08, 2012 Cali rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cali by: my mom
I do like this book but I guess I just assumed there was going to be a happy ending (which still might happen; I know this is book 1 of 2) but I have a feeling it's going to be more of a bittersweet ending. I think that by the end I'll get what it's all about but right now the characters just aren't doing what I want them to do. :)
Amos
Aug 06, 2010 Amos rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
of Walmart 8/6/2010. Started pm 11/9/2010 (busy) slow start. I am not that much into Movie trivia and much of this was just like that perhaps even imitation movie trivia. I don't follow current movies let alone the details of the silent films.
The reminises of the battles of WW1 were stark mimimalist. perhaps true but filtered. finis late pm
Rebecca
Aug 02, 2013 Rebecca rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If I didn't give it one star you wouldn't know I had rated it but one is a gift. If character development were as completely handled as the sexual encounters, the book might have had a chance. The sex scenes were traditional bodice ripper trite and the characters were plastic and caricatures. Not wasting any more time on this when there are so many more choices.
Diane
Mar 21, 2014 Diane rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was definitely not what I was expecting when I chose this book. The characters are deceitful, deceptive, and a whole host of other things that are not pleasant to read about. I was anxious to get to the end but was not happy with the ending. I'm guessing the second book will answer some of the questions that were left hanging though I'm not looking forward to reading it.
Jenny
Feb 19, 2016 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Fern Michael's stories that can cover a period of many years. Excellent and now I must read Sins of the Flesh, the continuing story of Reubin Tarz as well as Mickey, Bebe and Daniel. What I like about this is that even though it is classified as a romance, there is so much more to it and the primary character is a man.
Rachel
Aug 03, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not tpyically a romance novel fan, my mother left it at my house and well, it was a book so I decided to read it. The plot was actually really good, the character development was good. As a personal opinion, I would have liked for more to have been revealed to the main characters but alas, the title would not be the title if there weren't some things "omitted"
JANET
Apr 16, 2009 JANET rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fern-michaels
I ENJOYED THIS BOOK. IT CONTAINED MANY SECRETS AND THEY WOULD HAVE ALL PRODUCED TOTALLY DIFFERENT RESULTS IN EVERYONE'S LIVES IF THEY HAD BEEN REVEALED. IT KEPT THE READER GUESSING OF WHAT WAS NEXT.
Christine US
May 26, 2011 Christine US rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Drudgery...it had a few moments of being good, but they weren't enough to earn it even an "eh, it was ok". Honestly, if they'd cut out about 100 pages of the whining, the constant descriptions and the pointless nattering, it might've been better
Terri
Sep 12, 2010 Terri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finished this yesterday and enjoyed it a LOT! Great characters, wonderful women's fiction plot that reminds me of all the "greats" I read in the 70's and 80's. Now can't wait to read the sequel, Sins of the Flesh.
Karen
Apr 15, 2008 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
takes to post WWI the goldenage of hollywood silent stars and scandal. Two friends are challenged by the presence of Bebe Rosen --The friendship is tested. I like this but it is not as good as the texas Trilogy etc
Nadine
Oct 29, 2015 Nadine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author, Fern Michaels, wrote a wonderful book! She's extremely detailed and hooks you into the characters' lives. I literally went through a roller coaster of emotions between hating some characters and deeply caring for others. Very well-written book :))
Rose Hardee
I really struggled to get through this. I could not believe how stupid the characters were how completely unbelievable the story line was. Why on earth would a girl/woman woo and marry a man who hates her and has rapped her? And then stay married to him after he has rapped her again?
Missghana77
Dec 08, 2014 Missghana77 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow what an amazing story. long book but very good.
Maggie61
There were two books in this series, another great release from Fern Michaels. I miss her books that were like this one.
Joan
Jun 10, 2010 Joan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent duo of books!
Carol Holcomb
Aug 16, 2013 Carol Holcomb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book seems like there should be a sequel to finish the story.
Sam
Feb 04, 2015 Sam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the best books i have read by Fern, the mystery intruige love and hurt all wrapped together, I cant wait to read the next book.
Lissa Wells
Oct 25, 2012 Lissa Wells rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
I loved this book even though I hated the meanness of some of the characters!
Kathie
Aug 05, 2012 Kathie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very slow getting into the book.
Susan Reed
Apr 09, 2014 Susan Reed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vacation, fiction
Sometimes you just need a little fun, easy, mindless popular fiction for beach reading.
alice Tileston
Oct 03, 2015 alice Tileston rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very easy to become a part of this story. a touch of sex, lots of love and great life lessons for those who can see them. eager to find and read the next volume of this story.
Laura Lee
Jun 27, 2012 Laura Lee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paris after WWI, Hollywood in the 20's and 30's, so of course I loved.
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • A Dry Creek Christmas (Dry Creek, #7)
  • Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5)
  • A Woman's Heart (Castleough, #1)
  • The Last Good Man
  • Home at Rose Cottage: Three Down the Aisle\What's Cooking? (Rose Cottage Sisters #1-2)
  • Killing Spree
  • The Wonder Worker
  • Circle of Family (Sawyers #2)
  • Something Wicked
  • Orchard Valley Grooms: Valerie\Stephanie
  • The Next Mrs. Blackthorne (Bitter Creek, #6)
  • Twisted Creek
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sins (2 books)
  • Sins of the Flesh (Sins, #2)