Start by marking “The Dog Who Loved Red” as Want to Read:
The Dog Who Loved Red

The Dog Who Loved Red

Raja loves red! Red slippers, red shawls, red socks... But when he spots his friend Champs lost red ball in Mr. Mehtas garden, he has to brave a whole rainbow of obstacles to recover the ball and save the day!
Published March 1st 2011 by Kane/Miller Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Dog Who Loved Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dog Who Loved Red

Jung-hsuan
Aug 27, 2014 Jung-hsuan rated it really liked it
This book is really interesting. It begin at the dog who loved red color, and it was finding the old red ball. It stressed out the surrounding color, and show the color in graphic way. When children read this book would feel interested by that. I think that children through the picture to understand the color is the best way for them. Also have story in the book, so they would like to read it.
Mathew Horvatich
Mar 30, 2015 Mathew Horvatich rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-selection
The dog who loved red is a excellent read for children who are learning to identify colors. I liked how the author highlighted all the color words in the story. I also like how the author
Organized the text on the pages.
Stephanie Grassie
Dec 30, 2013 Stephanie Grassie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: child
My fiancé is from India so whenever I find books with Indian authors and content I become very excited. Especially when finding children's books! We do not have children yet but once we are so lucky I know they will appreciate having picture books with little ones that look like them and their relatives. I love that there were Indian names and that the book about colors, specifically red, also taught the Hindi term for red, lal. Though I tend to spell it laal. I loved the story and the illustrat ...more
Jan 25, 2012 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s, picture, 2012
I am a sucker for books featuring wiener dogs.

Raja the dog looooves red. He and his dog pal friend track down their missing red ball, exploring a bunch of colors along the way. The vibrant illustrations and use of colors beyond just the Crayola basic 8 is great. The busy and jumbled text on small pages make it a bit hard to follow for young listeners.

Recommended for ages 3 - 5. I'd skip this one for the school collection but it's a solid choice for public libraries.
Robin
May 08, 2013 Robin rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A book featuring a dog which also focuses on colors! Nice combo. Not sure if some of the humor was lost on the kids because you really have to see what's going on with the illustrations to make the story funnier.
Lisa
Feb 13, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Cute book. My kids enjoyed reading it also.
Edward Sullivan
Feb 27, 2011 Edward Sullivan rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Fun, colorful story from India.
Mrinalini
Mrinalini marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Laura Salas
Laura Salas marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
J.
J. marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was ok
Apr 20, 2015
Aspasia
Aspasia marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 22, 2013
Lakshmi
Lakshmi rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2012
Laura Elisabeth
Laura Elisabeth rated it it was ok
Dec 15, 2011
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2011
gina
gina marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2011