Start by marking “Home at Rose Cottage” as Want to Read:
Home at Rose Cottage

Home at Rose Cottage (Rose Cottage Sisters #1-2)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  721 ratings  ·  33 reviews

With her unforgettable warmth and charm, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Sherryl Woods invites you to join the D'Angelo sisters as they journey home to Rose Cottage...a place where hearts heal and love blooms.
Three Down the Aisle
She came to Rose Cottage to concentrate on her needs for once. The last thing Melanie expects is to meet a handsome landscaper a
Published October 1st 2010 by Mira Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Home at Rose Cottage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home at Rose Cottage

home at rose cottage:
WHAT'S COOKING - (Rick and Maggie)

New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Sherryl Woods draws you into the world of Rose Cottage, where the D'Angelo sisters reunite with family and find lasting love.

The Laws of Attraction

High-powered attorney Ashley D'Angelo has finally burned out. After heeding the call of Rose Cottage, she believes she may have found the calm she so desperately needs and perhaps the chance at a happy ending
The Rose Cottage series follows a family of sisters. Each sister, at one time or another, returns to the summer cottage of their youth to escape whatever situation in their real lives has them bolt. So far the first book has been all about the bad male relationships in two of the sisters' lives, so in some respects the plot and finish are quite predictable. However, Woods does a wonderful job with her character development. Each sister has their own very specific personality and how it complimen ...more
This book is more of a 3.5 star book. The first book was fairly ok and the second book was more of a 4 star. It had the sweet quality that I like in Sherryl Woods and with this type of fiction, but I think that it is also could have been a little faster paced. I still want to read the others in the series.

Melanie and Mike's relationship seems way to far-fetched but what romance novel is very realistic anyway. This one was sort of weird with the daughter in the middle and them falling for each o
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
Sweet and fun!

This book had two stories in it.

Melanie and Mike...

She goes to heal her ego mostly, she is not afraid to trust her judgement. Then she meets a wonderful man who has had a difficult time and his sweet daughter who too is dealing with a rough past. Together they find what they need in each other.

Maggie and Rick...

She heads to their Grandmothers cottage in hopes to steer clear of another poor choice. He can't put her out of his mind and moves mountains to find where she ran off too. H
In "Three down the Aisle" I enjoyed that there was a bit of thinking in the characters with Mike being concerned about his daughter over his happiness and Melaine having compassion for the daughter and her tantrums. In "What's Cooking" Rick grew and matured much more with his willing to try and learn how to be a mature man than Maggie with her whining ways.
It's a cute concept, however I found the first story to be much better than the second one. Maybe it's because it was the first one of the series but I overall just found the story of Mike and Melanie to be more interesting and heartfelt. As far as Maggie and Rick, I just found it to be too weak, the woman feeling insecure because of his work with supermodels, oh please. I could picture that cute little house with the orchard in my mind though so I did enjoy that and could practically smell the ...more
Jan Mcleod
Two novels in this book. The first one is a typical, light romance with emotional struggles between Melanie and Mike, a man with a child who has behavioral problems caused by his drug-addicted wife. Good reading, but nothing outstanding.
The second story is about Maggie and Rick, a photographer who has always kept people at bay for fear of establishing a meaningful relationship and commitment. Other Manning characters appear in this story, too. Ms. Woods does a good job of showing how both of the
Sue Kay
it was a sweet romance all through
Mar 06, 2014 Donnajo marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
used from well read
Julie Barrett
mike lives in the cottage next door. his daughter is so deprived as his wife was into drugs and left them
melanie was in her grandmothers cottage to recover from a bad love affair, with a married man. he appraches the house
thinking an intruder is there, he had never met her. he lets her know how appauled he is at the state of the garden. her
grandmother would be appauled at its state. he's a landscape designer and wants to help restore it to its original state.
I didn't finish the whole book. In fact, I didn't even finish the first half of it. There wasn't anything wrong with it, necessarily, but there wasn't anything particularly memorable about it, either. I doubt I'll check it out of the library to finish it.
Patricia Solla
Love the Rose Cottage sisters. Like all the family interaction. The setting and it's descriptions are wonderful. Makes me want to find the town and go and visit. These two stories are the first two of four all about sisters in the same family.
Sherryl Woods is a comfortable and safe read for me. The first story was more interesting. The second one? Meh! Meddlesome family annoys me but I did enjoy the story of both couples, just found the meddlesome and pushy sisters a bit too much.
Elaine Cantrell
Really cute story about two sisters who come to Rose Cottage in the midst of a romantic crisis. Of course they find happiness. There's another book about their two other sisters which I plan to read as soon as I finish the stuff I have now.
I took a little break from my usual mystery and suspense novels to read this fun romance. It was actually two stories "Three Down the Aisle" and "What's Cooking?". Light and predictable as one would expect from this genre, but well written.
Very readable. Good stories. I enjoy reading Sherryl Woods. Books one and two of a series are combined in this volume. Liked all four books of the series, but enjoyed the second volume more, especially Ashley's story.
home at rose cottage by sherryl woods,
whats cooking - another of the sisters goes to rose cottage and finds love, hearts do heal and love blooms the other relatives help get them together.
home at rose cottage by sherryl woods,
the other relatives help get them together.
Elizabeth Benducci
Fun fluff summer book to read. A romance book where the girl is running away from a romance, doesn't want more romance but finds the guy of her dreams. just a fun book to read.
I enjoy Sherryl Woods' novels. This is a compilation of a few short stories, should be good. Great book, I cannot wait to read what happens with the other 2 sisters.
Very know just what is going to happen. Nonetheless it is an OK book - passes the time. I'll still read the second half that comes out in December.
I liked these books. I think Ms Woods does a good job of getting the point across in shorter books. The stories were quick witted and did not drag on. Easy reads!
A fun book of great romance, lively characters. Will read more of Woods' books in the future.
Have the next Rose Cottage on my bed stand.
Dos historias en un solo tomo. La primera, Three Down the Aisle me gustó mucho más que la segunda. Ninguna de las dos me quitó el sueño.
Holly Weiss
Not really my kind of book. The D'Angelo sisters head to Rose Cottage for love/healing. Very light romance. Glad I tried it.
Very cute couple stories about two of the four D'Angelo sisters--can't wait to read the remaining two :)
A bit formulaic, but it had its moments that made me laugh and cry, so I guess that makes this a good book.
Two stories of two sisters who go to Rose Cottage and find love.
Good read, just trying to decide if I want to read yet another series
loved it love her work its amazing lol:)!
  • Orchard Valley Brides: Norah\Lone Star Lovin'
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • At First Sight (Love Stories For Young Adults, #32)
  • Hometown Girl (Chesapeake Diaries, #4)
  • The Best of Friends
  • Harvest Moon (Virgin River, #15)
  • Thanksgiving Night
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...

Rose Cottage Sisters (4 books)
  • Three Down the Aisle (Rose Cottage Sisters, #1)
  • What's Cooking? (Rose Cottage Sisters, #2)
  • The Laws of Attraction (Rose Cottage Sisters, #3)
  • For the Love of Pete (Rose Cottage Sisters, #4)
The Inn at Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores, #1) Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) Harbor Lights (Chesapeake Shores, #3) Beach Lane (Chesapeake Shores #7) Flowers on Main (Chesapeake Shores, #2)