Start by marking “Broken” as Want to Read:
Broken

Broken

Sometimes bravery and love are one and the same.

Gabriel and Tristan Stalling parted ways seven years ago when their father kicked Gabriel out of the house for being gay. The years that passed were hard on both brothers. Tristan was left with his guilt and shame for not sticking up for his twin, the relentless need to please their parents, and the gnawing ache for his other
Published September 2009

Vilda
Rating: 3,5 stars

"Living without Tristan was like living with only half his soul. The other part of him felt ripped and gouged out, hollow and aching."

While Broken wasn't perfect for me or mind-blowing, I still enjoyed it and thought it was a very good read. Gabriel and Tristan made the story for me and I ended up really loving those two! They were wonderful together. It was my first twincest story, so I wasn't quite sure how I'd feel about it when fist starting, but I kind of just wanted them
Elisa Rolle
This is not the first twincest story I read by Sage Whistler and now like before I was warned on the Taboo nature of it... strange to say, I have more problem to read about BDSM stories or on non-con sex than about twincest, actually I don't have any "squeaking" feeling about it. Let's be clear, probably it's like so since we are talking of a male on male twincest, so no worries about possible genetic trouble for the progeny... see how odd my mind is? I'm not tickled by gender prejudice or moral ...more
Saritza
Oct 09, 2009 Saritza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Sage Whistler posted on her site that this publication had been accepted by Total-e-Bound, I was excited beyond belief! I'd read Torn and was madly in love with her twincest stories and wanted more. I'm a twincest whore and will not deny it. Taboo story? Bring it on!

Summary: Sometimes bravery and love are one and the same.

Èmina
LoL well that was a weird read...a bit tooooo cheesy and there were even few frigging rhymes: "He saw love. He saw something that went deeper than flesh and blood."

Not my cup of tea...and not because of the incest (which was a bit weird) but because of the many repetitions, contradictions and so on. At one point a brother would promise not to leave again...then he almost leaves few paragraphs later...then he promises again...then he thinks about leaving again...ugh.
Then there was the time when o
Candice
Jun 17, 2013 Candice rated it liked it
I am torn between 3 or 3.5 Stars.

twincest photo: Twincest twincest.jpg

This was my first attempt at twincest. I have to admit the idea of incest kind of skeeves me out. But, who am I to judge on love?

However, as I am reading I find these are IDENTICAL twins. Isn't that kind of weird? You basically finding yourself sexually attractive? I am already looking for a fraternal twincest book I can get my hands on.

While I was working out the identical part, there was still something missing here. I loved Tristan and Gabriel's relationshi
Kazza
Aug 13, 2012 Kazza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kink
I kept seesawing between between 3 and 4 stars whilst reading, but settled on 4 because I enjoyed the book overall. It was a nice, easy read for me whilst feeling unwell. I know this is twincest, but, to be perfectly honest, it reads just like any other M/M to me.

Tristan is back after 7 years away from Gabriel. The brothers never stopped talking, even though Gabriel was tossed out of home by his father at 17/18; and Tristan didn't do anything about it. Basically the book is about the bond the tw
Elizabetta

There’s so much yearning between these two brothers, Gabriel and Tristan. It makes you wonder how is was possible for them to be apart for seven years, for all those very yearny, horny formative years, the late teens through mid-twenties. But, time passes quickly when you’re building a life.

Gabriel has become a famous rocker. Tristan has built and lost a business and comes back to his brother looking for help and connection. They discover that they’ve been miserable apart but don’t quite know ho
Lipvixen
Aug 16, 2011 Lipvixen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most twincest stories are an excuse for perversion or a lewd menage. This one shows identical twins who genuinely fall in love with each other in a way that makes you sympathize with and root for them. This isn't page after page of sex scenes without a plot. They are happy just to be together in the same room even without mauling the other.

Twincest is my kink especially when it shows that they are in love and no one is being abused, used or humiliated by the other.
Lee
Oct 25, 2010 Lee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Broken, by Sage Whistler, did nothing for me. I didn't have a problem with the subject matter, twincest, but I thought that the story lacked any true drama or compassion for the two MC. The story was flat and I found that I was counting down the pages left to read.

I give Broken two stars.

Meg
Sep 19, 2009 Meg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of twincest/brotherly love
Recommended to Meg by: I won it on Jesse Wave's Review Site
karlakolumna
Certainly not my cup of tea.
I gave up on it after having read ca. 70% of the book.

First, I must admit that twincest/incest isn't anything I would read again. I'm not really repulsed by it, but in my opinion incest of any kind is not very understandable (except in the case of two siblings not knowing of one another, meeting and falling in love by chance...).

Growing up together in a healthy environment usually doesn't "lead to" siblings desiring each other in a sexual way, IMO.

Secondly: Regardless
Wicked
May 03, 2016 Wicked rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first read by the author. I liked the characters, especially a few of the side ones (and was hoping there were other books about them but as far as I could tell, no such luck) the twincest didn't bother me. I probably should have liked the book more than I did so I sat there thinking about it for a while and what I came up with was that it just wasn't enough. There were tendrils that I myself could see taking shape and leading to things that could have happened. Ways the story could ...more
Aug 24, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: incest-twincest
My favorite twincest book. I like twincest, but I am not fond of menage or polyamory (it's hard to find the one without the other). This book has the former without the latter, AND it's pretty well written. Sure it gets a little sappy and requires the suspension of belief more than once (view spoiler), but it's fiction - suspension of belief is a must.
Dec 18, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This isn't the first twincest story I've read, but it's one of the better ones. What really tipped it from liked it to really liked it was the emotion. The characters and their emotions really popped off the page. I could really feel what they were feeling. The "issue" that could have gotten between them was kind of glossed over, but not enough to leave me feeling cheated. This was a really well written story.
Shelby
This was a tough one for me. I didn't hate the story, but I really struggled with the incestuous elements of this storyline. If these two had been best friends separated over time I would have leaped at there story. I did like the two of them together. It's just every time I remembered they were brothers (which was mentioned repeatedly throughout the story) I kinda went squick a little.

I do get both sides of the argument with this type of storyline; the "they're brothers, ewwww" side and the "we
Wendy
 photo i_love_my_twin_brother_this_much_postcard-r6726d919479c4b09805f74d309ad3310_vgbaq_8byvr_324_zpsvwx7lq2k.jpg

So...this was my first twincest read and I didn't know what to expect. I blame Susan for my curiosity ;)

Allthough some things bothered me, this was a very nice, short and sexy read.

Tristan and Gabriel are 25 year old twins and eventhough they are identical twins, they couldn't be more different. They have always been real close, but when they turned 17, Gabriel came out as gay and was kicked out by their parents. Tristan still being a kid himself didn't stand up for his brother and even sided
AGandyGirl

Ok first off…this COVER!!!  GAG!!!  There is nothing sexy about this cover at all…and certainly does not depict the rock star and his conservative twin!!!  So let’s just clear the visual palate, shall we??

Ahhhhh…much better.

Now…this is more what I was wanting.  This has story!  This has dialog!  This has two identical twins who were separated for more than 7 years! Dual POV! Intensity!  Hot sex between our dear brothers filled with need, want, possessiveness and desire. To say I was left sat

Phaney
Sep 29, 2012 Phaney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, oh-yes
2012 Review:

Yep. Even on the far-to-soon second read (as part of my music project), this is still a pretty good book. It’s fairly well-written and the characters seem to make sense. It’s not shallow as a puddle either, although I can’t be certain of levels of depth these days. Sure, the focus remained entirely on the protagonists; everyone else was fairly clichéd. All right, the guys were clichés too, of course, but well done ones.

Either way, it’s a pretty rewarding read and works the whole twin
Seiran
What really tipped the scales for me from liked it, to really liked it was the emotion. The characters and their emotions really popped off the page. I could really feel what they were feeling.

Tristan and Gabriel are separated by family loyalties when Gabriel came out of the closet when he was a teenager. Because of this conflict, the twins are separated for seven years before circumstances bring them back to together. I liked the fact that the twins were different in their characteristics, and
PointyEars42
Incest is creepy, twincest doubly so (ha ha) (unless you're the Winchesters, because damn), but this is actually a pretty good book. I am not an only child, so things of this nature squick me in the extreme, but if I pretend Tristan & Gabriel were, I dont know, werewolf soul mates or something else close & binding, I see a great story with a couple of hot sex scenes (I've a thing for virgin heroes). It was certainly well written and engaging enough for me to finish it even though I felt ...more
Da'ad
This was sweet and emotional, and sexy as hell! It developed at a decent pace that wasn't too fast or slow, and the sex stuff was titillating, I guess because it was between brothers (Hurrah for fictional incest!). The twins were different characters, complementary, but with some similarities that made them blend well, in my opinion. I liked them both, and I would LOVE a story about Brogan and Luca! (when he's grown up some) That would be hot.
So yeah, an enjoyable read. Very enjoyable.
I hated t
Alysa H.
Jan 17, 2013 Alysa H. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Eh. Not terrible, but not good. Flat characters, unrealistic dialogue. No real attempt at addressing the psychology of the twins' mutual attraction, only some insipid family backstory involving plain ole' homophobia. And let's face it: most people reading this are interested in M/M sex scenes to start with, and the ones here were only so-so. Partially because of all "Make love to me" romance novel cliches mixed in with the smut, and also because the characters were so flat in the first place.
Ellie
Nov 17, 2013 Ellie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
♦ 2 stars ♦

Well, this is a first.
I have never read anything involving m/m incest before, but considering I have read books with pseudo-incest before, this one wasn't much of a shocker. Nevertheless, it is not for everyone.
I gave it 2 stars because story was repetitive and a little bit cheesy. Yes, they were sweet and seemed genuinely in love, but that simply wasn't enough for me to like the book so much.
Lexi Ander
Jul 16, 2010 Lexi Ander rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella
Tristan and Gabriel are seperated by family loyalties when Gabriel came out of the closet. The twins are seperated for seven years before circumstances bring them back to together and they struggle (shortly) with their attraction. It is a sweet love story without it being uncomfortable. I was disappointed that Tristan didn't come out to his mother and that there wasn't more conversation between mother and sons other than gernalizations. All in all, I liked it.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Cute enough story about twins who are reunited after a seven year separation after Gabriel is kicked out by his parents after coming out. They both realize they have been dreaming about being with each other and share the same feelings.

After reading this one, I am still not sold on the twincest idea. I keep thinking I will read one that will feel more plausible, realistic, etc. The writing was fine, and the story was cute, but I wasn't wowed in any one direction.
Lisa
Gaberiel and Tristan are twins who moved away from each other when Gabe was thrown out at 18 when he told his family he was gay.
7 years later he is in a top selling rock band, and Tristan, down on his luck, flies to LA to be with him until he is back on his feet.
I guess what follows is some really hot twin sex.
There is some story. Gabes father dies and Tristan becomes estranged with his mom and then the 2 are held at gunpoint by Gabes ex.
A nice way to spend an hour or two.
A.E.
Jan 13, 2013 A.E. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, because for once there was an incest story that did not involve multiple partners. The scenes were SMOKIN!, and the emotions the brothers felt were so heart-felt,... the plot was AWESOME too... not a story about brothers wanting to do each other. I have been trying to find the ebook for his novel "TORN" but have been unsuccesful. This is a definte "must read"
Gabriela
Jun 03, 2010 Gabriela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first twincest book I've read, and I hate to admit but I loved this book. It is really a beautiful love story which had me almost wishing that twincest was not taboo and for a happy ever after for these two twins.
Karel
Nov 15, 2012 Karel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Way too angsty, way too much crying. Characters were flat and not very defined, too many band members and none of them stood out at all. Felt like everyone was a collection of traits instead of an actual person. No one was interesting. The prose was unexciting. Just many, many pages of boring.
Caroline Brand
This is a love story in true form. The only difference is the couple are twins who havent seen each other for 7 years. Funny and warm and worth its 5 stars although be warned it wont be everyones cup of tea!!

Re-read July 2013
  • Stepping Stones
  • Gemini
  • Braided (A Velvet Glove Novel)
  • Brothers Without Borders (Unbreakable Bonds, #1)
  • Tempestuous Relations (Mackenzie Twins, #1)
  • Security
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
  • Genesis (Heaven Sent, #5)
  • Fraternal Devotion
  • Bullriders
  • The Far Away Years
  • Telling the Truth (Truth or Dare #2)
  • Black Gold (Black Gold #1)
  • Entanglements
  • Dual Affairs (Twin Ties #2)
1. Birthday:January 6 (Three King's Day)

2. Sign: Capricorn (Chinese Zodiac: Ox)

3. My favorite color is blue. It used to be pink as a kid but now I avoid that color like the plague.

4. My favorite food is ziti. I don't like to cook but I can whip up a pan of ziti in about an hour.

5. Since I'm on a sugar restriction Sam's Choice waters have become a staple in my household. I usually drink for dinner
More about Sage Whistler...

“Fucking is for bathroom stalls and the back seat of a Toyota” 7 likes