Start by marking “Neuro web design. L'inconscio ci guida nel Web” as Want to Read:
Neuro web design. L'inconscio ci guida nel Web

Neuro web design. L'inconscio ci guida nel Web

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  479 ratings  ·  42 reviews
La maggior parte dei siti web sono realizzati con uno scopo preciso, far sì che i visitatori assumano determinati comportamenti. Come riescono a ottenerli? Come riescono a convincere gli utenti a comprare, registrarsi, donare e fare clic?

Questo libro offre un approccio originale, scientifico ma di semplice comprensione, alla progettazione dei siti web grazie all'osservazio
176 pages
Published September 10th 2010 by Apogeo (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Neuro web design. L'inconscio ci guida nel Web, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neuro web design. L'inconscio ci guida nel Web

Sandro
I'm a little disappointed with this book because i've read from the same author, the book "100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know about People" (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10...). The later was written in 2011 while this one was in 2009.

I've started this one because the author refers to it several times in the other book, so i thought this one was better and more expansive in information. I was wrong.

This may seem unfair but now that i've read both, seems that the one from 2011 is just
Nathanael (Boehm) Coyne
Apr 20, 2012 Nathanael (Boehm) Coyne rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nathanael by: Julie Watkins-Lyall
Shelves: work-related
Susan's book on psychology applied to web design is easy to read and packed with information. Having already read through Stephen P. Anderson's Mental Notes card deck which is partly based on this book I was already familiar with many of the concepts presented by Susan. There are sufficient citations to give this book credibility even though it doesn't read like an academic publication. Susan covers persuasion, social validation, the power of storytelling, reciprocity, scarcity, choice and more ...more
Jeff Van Campen
This is a decent introduction to persuasive web design. If you've already read anything about persuasive technology, any recent pop psychology books or just watch a lot of TED talks, there probably won't be a lot that is new here.

Each chapter consists of a insights derived from psychology and neuroscience followed by a few quick examples. The examples felt a bit sparse at times. Since this is marketed as a "web design" book, I felt the book would have been better with more examples and better ex
Brom Kim
I've been doing aesthetic, utilitarian, Web, graphic, message, and print design for years, but have never really dug into the psychological nuts and bolts of the craft.

This book gave me a whole new set of lenses through which to evaluate all of my communication work, far beyond the Web. Applications are obvious in instructional design, print, etc.

In addition to its relevance to my own work, I am giving this five stars because regardless of whether it is comprehensive or 100% accurate, it deliv
Rafael Bandeira
Though the purpose of the book is quite interesting, I find the content pretty basic and the examples not very elucidative. It is a interestig read for those tryin to get their head started on he subject of psychology applied to design, but I would take it all with a grain of salt, for the concepts and techiniques are quite sensitive and although they can help you drive a more effective design from a business standpoint, it might as well harm the user experience and the product brand by followin ...more
Roxane Lapa
Very easy reading material about the fascinating relationship between the different areas of the brain and their reactions to information presented in different ways, especially within a website environment. As both a web designer, as well as a lover of psychology, I found the parts regarding human behaviour particularly intriguing. The book is split up into manageable chunks which makes reading on-the-go, a pleasure, and much like social genius, Dale Carnegie, she thoughtfully summarises each c ...more
Georgi Varzonovtsev
The book contains a good dozen of guidelines on how to create more effective and engaging web sites. What I liked the most from the book though were not the guidelines but the nice explanation and examples of the theory and scientific experiments behind them. The author cites previous research in psychology and behavioral studies (you may already know some of these as I did) and from this research draws conclusions on what could be done in a web site in order it to have greater influence over th ...more
Daniel Wood
Not a bad read, particularly if you haven't read any psychology books before. If you have, most of the studies mentioned will be familiar, and not a lot is added here. Each principle is related back to Web Design, but in a simplistic way that hasn't dated well, so only the overall message is useful.

Give it a skim read if you're looking for fairly scientific approaches to improving website sales/engagement.
Nasif A. Razzaque
Must read book for those who are into online marketing or eCommerce!
Mark
More of a book about how to sell people stuff than how to design a website, but I guess that's what websites are about mostly these days. It was pretty interesting learning about how the 3 parts of the brain (pre-frontal cortex responsible for reasoning, cortex responsible for emotion and brain stem responsible for our survival) all work together to help us make decisions. The primitive brain stem is sometimes quicker and has more influence on our decision making than we think. Lots of insights ...more
Arnaud
Say you have made a web site and you are looking for tricks to improve its efficiency and the number of clicks on it. This is the book you are looking for, especially if you are selling something.
This is of course very web-centric but since the author bases her analysis from scientific studies on brain behaviour, this knowledge can easily be transposed to marketing and user interaction design.
It is quick and easy to read and goes straight to the point. You’ll find yourself thinking “of course, I
Daguis
Written by a psychologist, this book offers some insight about the well-known principles behind persuasive web design (scarcity, concession, social validation...)

The main focus is put on the psychological explanation of these concepts, and not that much on the examples of real web sites (with only a few examples and very briefly explained), but the insights on how the brain works and the explanation about psychological researches and behavioural studies are very enlightening. Plus, is very easy
Fritz Desir
Great read and a good intro guide how to use cognition and social psychology in design has some practical advice which can serve as a great proxy when primary research data is scarce. Would also recommend Stephen Anderson's, Jeff Johnson's (which I'm also reading) and BJ Fogg's books respectively on this same theme. This is not an appreciated topic IMHO, sorely needed. Kudos @thebrainlady!
Nick
Neuro Web Design take the classic principles of influence and persuasion as elucidated by Cialdini and talks about how they work on the Web. As such, it's great applied thinking. If you know Cialdini, you won't learn a lot that's new, but it's a good refresher. If you don't know Cialdini, you'll find this fast read on persuasion very enlightening.
John
Contains some interesting pieces of advice on what makes people click on various parts of a website from a psychological point of view.

Quotes some interesting research. A relatively easy read - worth reading if you want something light to stimulate your brain about the general subject of web design and psychology.
Dhuaine
Short and very concise. It makes the point straight and without redundant wordage. For someone like me, who had no idea about psychology, it was a perfect starter. :) It gets one star short of five though, because there's next to nothing about web design in it - just explaining how people/users/would-be customers work.
Dominic Bellavance
Beaucoup d'informations contenues dans ce livre sont reprises dans le livre 100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know about People qui, à mon avis, est meilleur que celui-ci.
Jason Bootle
Enjoyable, easy to read introduction to persuasive psychology as applied to web design. This being my first tackling of the subject it was a good primer but I felt some of the web examples were a tad weak and seemed forced. Having said that, a good read for web or business folk at any level.
Christian
This is an excellent fundamental book that begins to show how customers respond to marketing. I would recommend this as a springboard for further marketing research. It would also be valuable to anyone, marketer or otherwise, starting up a Web site and wanting to attract some attention.
Nacho Bassino
Algunas ideas un tanto trilladas y algunas conclusiones tomadas a la ligera. Pero de todas formas un libro corto y de fácil lectura, que sirve para repasar algunos temas y sumar algunas ideas con costo bajo. No se si para comprar, pero si está a mano, pegarle una hojeada está ok.
Sally Khoo
It presents "old theory" in a more attractive title: Web Design
as where this is the new platform of business war.

It directs the theory to web design concept. Reader or web site owner shall think hard enough to adapt it in order to success.

No simple formula to success
Ger
Out of 170 pages - 10 pages preface, 20 pages index. Very low on information density, a lot of headlines, bottom lines, pictures, blank pages. The info itself - ok if you are just starting in the field, won't do if you search deeper understanding. Can not recommend.
Rohan Gaikwad
Very well articulated and fun to read with many practical examples. Its worth to read if you like to understand how to leverage user's web surfing behavior especially in retail.
William
Really like the ideas this book presents. Helped me plan a few of my websites and organize the information in a logical manner.
I think ti is worth your time!
Alexander Debkaliuk
Susan proves that we as a species are still influenced greatly by our unconscious. Designing with that in mind will give you an advantage.
Shelley
Well written. Cognitive & Social psychology discussed in an easily accessible manner. If you design online presences or have one read it ;)
Megatrend
Sehr kurz und Screenshots von myspace. Sehr viel altbekannte Experimente - ein bis zwei originelle Ideen. Lesen schadet nicht.
Georg
Jul 14, 2013 Georg marked it as on-hold  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: web
Having read several reviews, I decided to read her 100 things every designer needs to know (or something like that)
Eric
A fun read and an important reminder about the emotions behind HCI, in this case humans and all things Web.
Gianluca Tuniz
si legge in 2 ore. interessanti spunti per capire come realizzare/modificare un sito di successo.
  • Web Form Design: Filling in the Blanks
  • Measuring the User Experience: Collecting, Analyzing, and Presenting Usability Metrics
  • The Elements of User Experience: User-Centered Design for the Web
  • Rocket Surgery Made Easy: The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Finding and Fixing Usability Problems
  • Designing Web Navigation
  • Prioritizing Web Usability
  • Simple and Usable Web, Mobile, and Interaction Design
  • Designing for the Digital Age: How to Create Human-Centered Products and Services
  • Mental Models: Aligning Design Strategy with Human Behavior
  • Storytelling For User Experience: Crafting Stories For Better Design
  • Handbook of Usability Testing: How to Plan, Design, and Conduct Effective Tests
  • Designing for Interaction: Creating Smart Applications and Clever Devices
  • Designing with the Mind in Mind: Simple Guide to Understanding User Interface Design Rules
  • Observing the User Experience: A Practitioner's Guide to User Research
  • Designing Web Interfaces: Principles and Patterns for Rich Interactions
  • Designing Social Interfaces
  • Designing for Emotion
  • Seductive Interaction Design: Creating Playful, Fun, and Effective User Experiences
Susan Weinschenk has a Ph.D. in Psychology and over 30 years of experience as a behavioral psychologist. She applies neuroscience to predict, understand, and explain what motivates people and how to get people to take action.

Dr. Weinschenk is the author of several books, including How To Get People To Do Stuff, 100 Things Every Presenter Needs To Know About People, 100 Things Every Designer Needs
More about Susan M. Weinschenk...
100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know about People How to Get People to Do Stuff: Master the Art and Science of Persuasion and Motivation 100 Things Every Presenter Needs to Know About People GUI Design Essentials Designing Effective Speech Interfaces

“What does happen is that if we give them a gift, we will trigger a feeling of indebtedness—a feeling of indebtedness that they’ll want to get rid of by responding with gifts or favors.” 0 likes