Start by marking “Faithful” as Want to Read:
Faithful

Faithful

"Kim Cash Tate's enjoyable novel is true to both the realities of life and the hope found through faith in Jesus. Romance meets real life with a godly heart. Hooray!"--Stasi Eldredge, best-selling author of Captivating

Cydney Sanders thought she knew God's plan for her life. She'd marry, have kids, and then snap her body back into shape by doing Tae Bo. But she's celebrat

Published September 14th 2010 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Faithful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faithful

Cindy
Oct 04, 2010 Cindy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this book... and I did like parts of this book, but overall I think I would just rate this book as "okay." The main problem I had with this book is it seemed liked everything in life was puppies and rainbows once a character found God, or gave their problems to God.

Spoilers below:

A wife finds out her husband - who happens to be a Christian leader within their home church - is having an affair with another member of their church. She cries for a couple of days, gives her proble
Cortney
Dec 08, 2010 Cortney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Thank you Goodreads!! I won this book on a giveaway and just started the first chapter and am already hooked!

I read this book in about 3 sittings - just needed to know what happened, and there were moments when I thought this book was predictable, but it turned out I was wrong. I found this book wrote with realistic, wholesome characters and situations laced with good fitting scripture and how God gets you through everything in your life if you believe and trust in Him.

This book took you into
Stacia
This book is about three women who are struggling through relationships with their male significant others for different reasons. The three women share an incredibly close relationship, especially bound together in their faith in Christ.

The book covers, with sound Biblical truths, topics such as modesty, adultery, sex before marriage, and lust. And while I agree with the author wholeheartedly, the book came across as slightly cheesy and a little bit preachy. With that said, it was an enjoyable b
Tamekai Mills
May 07, 2013 Tamekai Mills rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story of God's faithfulness to his people, even when we are being tempted to be unfaithful. It opened my eyes to the various ways of temptation that creep into our everyday lives...a Christian should be aware of even the appearance of sin (temptation).

Great characters. Seamless plot. Can't wait to read more from this author.
Katrina Burchett
Instead of celebrating her fortieth birthday with friends and family, Cydney (Cyd) Sanders is a bridesmaid at her younger sister’s wedding. Only one person acknowledges her special day and that’s Cedric, a man she met days before. A kind gesture on his part leads to a birthday dinner, but does Cedric really care about Cyd’s birthday or does he have ulterior motives? Cyd’s best friend, Dana, is experiencing trouble in her marriage; her husband, Scott, committed adultery. Even though there is ...more
Michelle
Nov 10, 2010 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
I SO love the cover of this book. Now that I've read the story, I see the symbolism in it, and that made me appreciate the cover even more. I am glad the author was "faithful" to write this book. I believe it will touch many lives. I can see why it was chosen for Women of Faith. I hope I don't give away any spoilers in my review, but it's from my heart, so please forgive me if I do...

As far as realism goes, I found this book to be very sincere and believable. I sensed the author's heart for marr
LORI CASWELL
Jan 16, 2016 LORI CASWELL rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A story of life-long friends each struggling with life changing moments that tests their faith in God.

Cydney thought she knew God's plan for her life but at 40 she realizes the path God has chosen for her may not be what she thought after all.

Dana seems to have the perfect life until she discovers her husband is having an affair and her world is rocked out of control.

Phyllis has a deep relationship with God which she passes on to her children easily but her husband is a non-believer which make
Veena
Nov 15, 2010 Veena rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, 2010-read
Cyd, Dana and Phil (shortened names) are life-long friends and believers in Christ. They have a bond that is strengthened by there deep love for each other and there unwavering faith in Christ. They pray together and goto the same church and keep no secrets from each other. Cyd, who is 40, is unmarried and is going to attend her younger sister’s marriage which is scheduled on her 40th birthday. She had thought, she would be settled and having a family by now, but her Mr. Right, has not yet come. ...more
Julia
Jan 11, 2012 Julia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, fiction
Faithful seemed more sermon than novel (in fact, about fifty pages of the novel is two of the pastor's sermons and the conversations at two small group studies discussing the sermons - then later on, a woman tells a man about Christ, and salvation is outlined in its entirety - the same thing happens during a Christmas scene when a grandmother reads a Christmas book to her granddaughter). If the message of Faithful were pressing in my life today, I probably would have enjoyed it more and given it ...more
Wyndy
Oct 14, 2010 Wyndy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the story of three Christian women who are great friends. Although it starts out with a wedding, that is only incidental to the story. Cyd is a 40-year-old single professor, Dana has a perfect marriage with a man who is dedicated to the Lord, and Phyllis is married to a man who won't have anything to do with church or with God. At the wedding Cyd meets an intreging man who, although a member of the church believes that the rules of sex only apply to those who are married; Dana discovers ...more
Fylvia Kline
This book allows the reader to meander through the lives of a handful of women–sisters and friends, some single, others married–and observe how real life and real problems can unravel faith.

Set in modern day Western culture, teeming with responsibilities to family and opportunities to be discreet, the parallel lives of these women illustrate the role of fidelity in marriage and chasitity in singlehood. Cyd is the central character who holds the plot and the all the stories together with her unwa
Erin
Oct 14, 2011 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kim Cash Tate give us a tale of three friends in "Faithful". Cyd is about to turn 40 and never imagined she'd face this day still single, much less spend it as maid of honor at her much younger sister's wedding. Dana discovers that her husband has been having an affair and her world is utterly shaken. Phyllis is a busy mother of four whose husband does not share her faith in Christ and the divide between them only seems to grow deeper each year. Each of these three will have the chance to choose ...more
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
Three life-long friends find their lives unraveling and their faith in God tested. Cyd, Phyllis and Dana are likeable women you really come to care about and root for their success. Stephanie, not so much, but she does grow up a bit at the end. I can't say I ever really liked Cedric, but he too redeems himself at the end. When Dana discovers Scott's affair, you can completely sympathize with her pain.

The theme of friendship is strong here and I think that having girlfriends is an integral part o
Amancay
Jan 05, 2011 Amancay rated it it was amazing
I was truly, honestly, blown away by this book!

While I had high hopes for a title & author I'd never heard of before... simply due to the Women of Faith endorsement, I had no idea what I was in for, but God sure did!

Drawing for true to life characters, scenarios, and sincere struggles... there is a little something here for everyone's life, heart, and need. Yet they are all so intricately woven, and none more prominent or important than the other, I'm still astounded at the beautiful balance
Belindachaplin
Oct 27, 2010 Belindachaplin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once I got into this book by Kim Cash Tate, I couldn't put it down. The intertwined stories of the three best friends show clearly the message of not only God's faithfulness to us, but also our need to be faithful to our husbands and wives and to ourselves. Without understanding how our unfaithfulness can hurt not only each other, but also ourselves and ultimately God, we will not be able to live the way God intended. I love reading books like this one: a nice, wholesome novel, but also filled ...more
Susan
Feb 11, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christians know we're to trust God in all circumstances. Yet that's often harder to do than the pat sayings and cliches might suggest. Faithful is about three women in challenging situations: one has the dubious "joy" of being maid of honor in her younger sister's wedding on her own 40th birthday, yet she's still single. Where is God?

Another catches her seemingly perfect husband involved in a relationship with a member of the church worship team.

And the final member of the trio feels awful becau
Rita
Jun 15, 2013 Rita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Book! Three women are good friends through their church. Dana seems to have the perfect marriage, but then she learns that her husband is having an affair. Phyllis is married and has four beautiful children. She and Hayes have a good marriage but Phyllis would like her husband to have a deeper love of God and go to church with her. Cyd is turning 40 and has not yet found the man of her dreams. Then she meets Cedric and he doesn't seem at all like the man she is looking for. I like how this ...more
Anne
Dec 04, 2010 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book on Goodreads first reads. I enjoyed this Christian romance a lot because it had real issues. Some of my religious beliefs differ, but I still liked this book. I liked how the author presented and dealt with a very sensitive subject--sexual sin and sex outside of marriage. It contests the popular cultural view of intimacy using the stories of three women as illustration. Instead of leaving me feeling uncomfortable or awkward, I finished the book and had a discussion with my ...more
Malynda
Dec 14, 2010 Malynda marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I hate to leave a book unfinished, I really do, but it looks like I’m going to have to with this book. At least for now. I’ve read 50 some pages and it still has yet to grab me. I don’t really relate to any of the characters and I find their stories a little hard to get into. I’ll most likely pick this one back up at a later time, but, right now, there are many other books calling my name.

Disclaimer: I won this book through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.
Kathy Chung
Apr 02, 2011 Kathy Chung rated it really liked it
Reveiwed at : Smallkucing : Faithful By Kim Cash Tate

I like this novel as it echos with realism. Some part of what was written here had happen to my friends and family before. Scary ya? It could happen to anyone.

Overall, it's a good read. This book could be a form of inspiration and comfort for those who are going thru what these women experienced.I am looking forward to her next book.
Elaine
Jun 09, 2011 Elaine rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, christian
This was recommended by Neta Jackson. (author)

Dangerous territory. Letting our guard down. Thinking we have everything under control. Not being satisfied with what we have.

Faithful is all about relationships. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

I was really ticked at Phyllis in the stuff she was pulling. I think the characters were pretty "real."

One conversion was a bit hokey. Glad to read though that all weren't magically "saved."
Heather
Dec 16, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading Faithful. It reminded me a little bit of The Yada Yada Prayer Group, but I liked this one more. There were fewer characters so they were easier to keep track of, and each character was really likeable. (My favorite was Cyd.) The story was engaging, and I found myself eager to find out what would happen next.
Shae28
I started this book at midnight and read until I finished at 5AM! I just couldn't wait to see what God was going to do in Cyd's life. I was hoping Dana and Scott would stay together, Phyllis's husband would stop running from God, and Stacy would grow up. I can not wait to read more from this author.
Janis
Jul 04, 2015 Janis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story of three women friends and the intertwining of their individual lives. Each one has a trial in her life that eventually deepens her faith and reveals God's faithfulness. Excellent book to bolster one's faith.
The book started a little slow and dry for me but then grew into a story that I couldn't put down.
Cateyesmd
Feb 08, 2016 Cateyesmd rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-challenge
I'm finished with Faithful: This book definitely deals with reality and how it impacts Christians, depicts great insight on how sin can/should be handled from a Christian perspective, how God can turn situations around when there appears to be NO HOPE in the matter, perseverance, forgiveness and God's overwhelming love! Yeah, all that!
Chrissy
I found it hard to get into this book. It starts a little slow then some drama kicks in. The story lines gets good the and keeps you interested. The end was a little disappointing though. I didn't feel like they told me enough about the characters future out come to be satisfied. I felt like I still had questions.
K.gatlin
Aug 28, 2012 K.gatlin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I actually read it out of order. It is the start of a collection of books that are connected. The author Cash-Tate did a wonderful job of realistically dealing with today's modern women, using a diverse group of friends. I loved the main character's strength to stay strong despite the way God's plan for her was different than what she imagined.
Melissa Miller
Thoroughly enjoyed Faithful! Loved the balance of love, hope, pain and redemption. Loved the pacing and ending, left me smiling and wanting more. Kim did an excellent job of displaying how friends should support one another and how some relationships need to end. Great story that depicts mature Christians, that mature Christians would enjoy reading. I know I did! :-)
Amy
Dec 22, 2010 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cydney Sanders was like every woman I know - she had a plan for her life. Nearing forty and not on track, she is forced to admit that maybe HER plan and God's Plan were not the same.
Amazingly, the book portrays how prayer and Christian fellowship among friends should be.
Patty
May 03, 2013 Patty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book was amazing! I couldn't put it down. It had a great flow and takes you into the different charachter's personalities, the different seasons of their life and the true keaning of God's love for us even though we all mess up.
  • Temptation
  • Margarita
  • Last Temptation
  • Singsation
  • The Last Woman Standing
  • Single Sashimi (Sushi, #3)
  • Not To Us
  • A Good Man Is Hard to Find
  • The Someday List (Jubilant Soul #1)
  • The Weight of Shadows
  • Saving Grace
  • The Choice
  • Contingency (Covenant of Trust #1)
  • Out with the In Crowd (The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt, #2)
  • Saved from Sin
  • Song of the Brokenhearted
  • Pressing Hard (Perry Skky Jr., #2)
  • The Woman He Married (A Magic City Duo Book 1)
Kim Cash Tate is the author of several books and a former practicing attorney. She has a deep love for the word of God, and loves to ignite a passion in others to not only know the Lord, but to walk intimately with Him. Kim lives in St. Louis with her husband of twenty-three years and their two children.
More about Kim Cash Tate...