Start by marking “In Christofides' Keeping” as Want to Read:
In Christofides' Keeping

In Christofides' Keeping (Rafael and Rico #2)

Pregnant and alone...When one night with ruthless playboy Rico Christofides leaves her pregnant, Gypsy Butler is determined to spare her unborn baby the heartache of her own neglectful childhood. But a shock meeting is about to change her plans...Captured and claimed! Rico has never forgotten - or forgiven - the one woman who managed to smash through his cast-iron ...more
Paperback, Modern, 192 pages
Published November 1st 2010 by Mills & Boon

To ask other readers questions about In Christofides' Keeping, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Christofides' Keeping

willaful
Jan 14, 2012 willaful rated it it was ok
Shelves: bye
This one made me go “huh?” a few times. Rico left Gypsy with a curt note after a one-night stand, yet he blames her for running out on him. Gypsy is unsure she could prove paternity after she gets pregnant, even though she didn’t sleep with anyone else. (Or I dunno, maybe that’s realistic?) Add in a lot of grammatical errors and the book just seemed kind of sloppy.

On the positive side, it was fairly original for a secret baby story, because both characters are reacting to having been illegitima
Lady Lioness
I feel that if I'm going to rate a book below three stars, then I need to explain why I rated it that way. Especially since this one is freaking nominated for an award.

I hate to keep re-using the phrase 'soap opera in a can,' but I can't think of anything else that describes how I feel about these books. The very best secret child reveal I've ever read was in Lauren Dane's Never Enough. In that book, the hero and heroine handled the situation mostly like adults and they always had the best inte
Jacqueline
Nice HP. This secret baby story is different in that each of them had been a secret baby themselves so they came at their own relationship from different angles which caused them trauma. Their relationship was built fairly well. He had a few assy moments and she had a few bitchy ones but on the whole they were learning to get along. Even though there were scenes from the hero's POV, I would have liked to see a scene where he admits to himself that he loves her but that came in her POV. Oh well. ...more
Vanessa
Aug 14, 2013 Vanessa rated it really liked it
Megan
Aug 13, 2016 Megan rated it liked it
If I could do a 2 1/2 stars, I would. This book was a solid one-time read but left quite a bit to be desired. For
me, it falls between 2-3 stars based on how I rate.

My ratings
didn't finish/didn't like
ambivalent
good, solid one-time read
great, read more from author
exceptional, will re-read multiple times

I base ratings on writing skills, how immersed I am in the story, and if the plot flows smoothly and believably for reality or the "world" created. Are the characters believable, likable/unlika
Claire
Apr 04, 2011 Claire rated it it was ok
I tried to like this book. Failed.
One night stand. Ugh! I don't care how handsome/attractive/godlike the hero is, this is just gross given the health risks and reckless to let the pant(ie)s rule the head. Plus secret baby plot. Angry sex. And one flighty heroine with a chip, nay a boulder, on her shoulder. The title alone should have warned me. No self-respecting feminist would want to be in anybody's keeping.
Sticky notes to self:
1. Part 2 of a series. Part 1: Bride in a Gilded Cage
2. Stab-in-t
Alex is The Romance Fox
Nov 03, 2011 Alex is The Romance Fox rated it really liked it
One night of passion. Rico Christofides, a gorgeous , arrogant,Greek millionaire who has never forgotten the magical night he spent with Gypsy Butler. Two years later they meet again and he discovers he has a baby daughter that he knew nothing about.
He wants revenge and will do anything to claim his child. He then realiazes he wants a second chance with Gypsy and he does everything to make things right.
Both had very sad and unhappy childhoods and once they begin communicating with each other, re
Kaycee Sapinoso
I'm a sucker for secret baby trope and good romances. And In Christofides Keeping gave me that and more. I loved the way Rico and Gypsy came together in spite of all the misunderstandings and horrible conceptions they had in the beginning. And the chemistry between them were off the charts.

Plus, little Lola stole my heart. She's so adorable. And as always, I loved the epilogue. Don't you just love happy endings? *sigh*

Another fun, great, and entertaining read from Abby Green.
Tia
Nov 12, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
I thought this novel was great and despite the fact I have indeed read it before, I wanted to read it again.

The hero and heroine had a one night stand which resulted in a pregnancy. When the hero found out, he demanded the heroine and his daughter live with him. Eventually over time the hero fell in love with the heroine and his daughter and wanted to be together, forever.
Mombo
Okay, maybe Rico wasn't as overbearing as he seemed at first but you could have fooled me. Gypsy was so stupid, she was one of those heroines who shouldn't have reproduced. It's mind boggling.

I hated both characters and the romance puts the women's revolution back to circa 1900s but perhaps that's being cruel to the 1900s. Uggh.
Jenn
Sep 23, 2012 Jenn rated it really liked it
This was a touching story of two damaged people. Who slowly learned that they both assumed the worst about each other, and slowly learn to be there for each other and to trust each other. I also like that it was not your typical Harlequin formula, the hero did not damned marriage. The ending also also very sweet.
Pam
Aug 13, 2014 Pam rated it really liked it
I liked it. The two of them were in such turmoil from their past. I liked the hero. I liked he was so determined to have the child and the Mother in his life. I thought him coming to terms with her reasons for not sharing her problem was excellent since they mirrored his own grief.
April Brookshire
Nov 19, 2014 April Brookshire rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin
Abby Green likes to write about wealthy men who get scared once they meet "the one" and run away like cowards. I like her books, but I prefer an alpha hero who knows what he wants.
رومولا الن

t
Jesica
Sep 26, 2016 Jesica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
BLOG: www.adictaxictoxico.blogspot.com

La historia es corta y cumple su cometido, al sumergir al lector en una lectura sin mayor complicaciones... Ademas viene con epilogo como me gusta... ;)
Cassandra
Jun 29, 2013 Cassandra rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, abby-green
Review by Cassandra from Book Talk

Gypsy Butler is determined to keep her unborn baby from heartbreak like she suffered during her own childhood after one night with playboy Rico Christofides leaves her pregnant. A chance meeting changes these plans. Rico has never forgotten the one woman who managed to break through his walls he put around himself. After his chance discovery of his one night stand, Rico discoveres he's a father. Nothing will get in his way of claiming his child, even while Gypsy
Sweety
Aug 16, 2012 Sweety rated it liked it
Books&Friends
Mar 31, 2011 Books&Friends rated it it was amazing
This story is like a ball of twine. Little by little the strands loosen, forced apart by sharp kittenish claws. Laying open to the reader the depth of distrust these two held onto. I could see why Rico was scared. His backstory defines the reasons why feelings threaten his sense of security. The fact he was shocked to discover he loved his daughter had my eyes prickling with tears. Sad, so sad. Likewise Gypsy really hasn't known love. Her selfish parents failed her dramatically - I'm not ...more
Tonya Warner
Aug 24, 2011 Tonya Warner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet.

Rico and Gypsy have a one-night-stand that results in Gypsy getting pregnant. Two years after their first meeting, Rico discovers his daughter, Lola, and must deal with the fact that Gypsy has kep her a secret from him.

Noth Rico and Gypsy have deep, heartbreaking resons for their actions, and only when he is finally able to get Gypsy to confide in him, are they able to move forward with the passionate feelings they have between them.
Mlleelizabeth
Sep 28, 2013 Mlleelizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Ruka
Feb 13, 2016 Ruka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finished this in 1 night.
Always love AG's books and love that there's an epilogue.

It was great that AG added 'The Virgin's Secret' Leo Parnassus & Angel characters.. In the scene when H introduced to h that this are his newly wed friends & Angel was heavily pregnant with their first child.
Tabs
Dec 25, 2015 Tabs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: category-romance
Nice read. Secret baby. Both protagonists had shitty childhoods that colored how they reacted to each other. The HEA felt earned, not rushed.
Samar Estwacol
Dec 14, 2015 Samar Estwacol rated it liked it
تحت عنوان ذكريات سجينة النسخة المترجمة منها من منتدي روايتي
عامة مفيش ملل فيها زي الجزء الاول من السلسلة بس مازال في افضل
Sanaa Ayad
Sanaa Ayad rated it did not like it
May 06, 2015
Lia
Lia rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2012
Suganya
Suganya rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2013
Stacey
Stacey rated it liked it
May 02, 2013
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • Reckless Night In Rio
  • One Night... Nine Month Scandal
  • Untouched Until Marriage
  • The Italian's Wedding Ultimatum (Modern Romance S.)
  • The Greek's Royal Mistress (Princess Brides, #2)
  • Jemima's Secret (Secretly Pregnant…Conveniently Wed, #1)
  • Claimed: The Pregnant Heiress (The Takeover, #1)
  • Her Last Night of Innocence
  • Forgotten Mistress, Secret Love-Child (Regally Wed #2)
  • The Devil's Heart
  • Wife in Public (Harlequin Presents, #2977)
  • Surf, Sea And A Sexy Stranger (Modern Heat) (Brothers & Sisters, #1)
  • Front Page Affair
  • The Greek's Pregnant Lover (Traditional Greek Husbands #2; Greek Tycoons #7)
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten
  • Taming the Last St. Claire (The Scandalous St. Claires #3)
Abby Green spent her teens reading Mills & Boon romances. She then spent many years working in the Film and TV industry as an Assistant Director. One day while standing outside an actor's trailer in the rain, she thought: "there has to be more than this". So she sent off a partial to Mills & Boon. After numerous rewrites, they accepted her first book and an author was born. She was ...more
More about Abby Green...

Rafael and Rico (2 books)
  • Bride in a Gilded Cage