Tremor (John Taft, #2)

Tremor (John Taft #2)

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Over a hundred years ago, Nikola Tesla created a device for transferring electricity without wires. It was supposed to be his greatest triumph. Instead, his invention spawned a nightmare so terrifying that it was hidden from the world...until now.

Unusual surges of electricity are being tracked emanating from the former Yugoslavia. Special Agent John Taft of the National...more
Published January 3rd 2006 by Berkley Trade (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Tremor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tremor

Kara Jorges
Even though Dirgo’s first book, “The Einstein Papers,” wasn’t that great, I knew Clive Cussler couldn’t be wrong about him, and in “Tremor” it showed. The writing is more practiced, the editing tighter (though the copyediting was nonexistent), and the characters more alive. Dirgo is still going with a conglomerate cast rather than focusing on a single protagonist, but his characters are distinct enough to tell them apart, so it works.

Special Agent John Taft of the secret National Intelligence Ag...more
Kristin Lundgren
Dirgo has written on the Oregon Files with Clive Cussler, so he comes from a solid thriller/adventure background. This one involved some little known work of Tesla, and the effects it had. Cue our hero to come to the rescue, going over to Serbia to find out what is going on, and why there are surges to the European power grid. That's when he digs up the Tesla connection. Interspersed with Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian politics, the return of a dictator, and one man's obsessive need for money, and you...more
Rapidio
After reading this solo effort by Craig Dirgo I can understand the drop in quality seen in some of the later Clive Cussler novels, especially those co-authored by Dirgo. This book was entirely sophomoric in the plot, research and overall tenor. If I am reading a book and come across an obvious flaw in a factual statement, I become overly aware of others as they may appear. I won't list them but, believe me, they are in abundance. I would not recommend this book. And it is a shame, as the back st...more
Jordanfishesalot
You know when you are reading a book and you can almost imagine the events taking place in a movie? Well, this book was like that only the movie I was imagining the events taking place in was a cartoon. It wasn't terrible, but I probably won't pull another Dirgo book off the shelf to read anytime soon.

The best part about the book, by far, was the introduction. I really enjoyed the Tesla aspects of the book. The rest just didn't meet my expectations.

This book made me want to do more research on...more
Tony
A good book gone bad by numerous and glaring misspellings. I don't mean a couple. I mean dozens. It really took away from the story. What the heck is wrong with this author? On top of that, his publisher couldn't catch them? Craig really should invest in a dictionary.
Tomi
Kudos to Craig Dirgo for giving Clive Cussler a role in saving the nation!
Gina
Gina added it
Jul 27, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Dee Haddrill
Dee Haddrill marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Scott
Scott added it
Jun 11, 2014
Sylviane Stoltzman
Sylviane Stoltzman marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
David Myers
David Myers marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Kimmi
Kimmi added it
Dec 02, 2013
Lewis Daysh
Lewis Daysh marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Katz!
Katz! added it
Sep 08, 2013
Richard Gabel
Richard Gabel marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Einstein Papers (John Taft, #1) Sacred Stone (The Oregon Files, #2) The Tesla Documents (John Taft, #3) Gunnison Grit Golden Buddha (The Oregon Files, #1)