Start by marking “Prairie Courtship” as Want to Read:
Prairie Courtship

Prairie Courtship (Randolph Family #5)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  110 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews

No one could love a female doctor--Emma Allen knows that well. But her spinsterhood bothers her less than the lack of opportunity to use her medical training. In Missouri, no one trusts a female doctor, either. Then the opportunity arises to join a wagon train headed to the Oregon Trail. A new frontier offers a new hope for the life she wants to lead. But first she must de
Published October 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published September 17th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Prairie Courtship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prairie Courtship

Joy
What a great story. I enjoyed "meeting" the different families on the wagon train, even the "difficult" people, the people who gave Emma a hard time because they thought she wasn't a real doctor just because she was female. And Emma and Zach were both stubborn and determined to do what each thought was best. Haha...a perfect match. There were several "awwww" moments in the story, though there was one character that I wondered what eventually happened to her. If you've read the book, you know who ...more
Natalie
Jan 25, 2011 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderfully written book! I really enjoyed reading about Dr. Emma and her journal from Missouri to Oregon country. How the people on the Oregon Train accepted her as a Doctor and she healed many people. It was great how the author managed to weave Dr. Emma and Mr. Thatcher together throughout the story, you just knew they would agree someday! And a great ending for a great book! Thumbs up Dorothy Clark!
Erin
I'm glad that I didn't have to brave the Oregon Trail, but I'm fascinated with stories written about it.
Victoria Bylin
Oct 02, 2010 Victoria Bylin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wagon train stories always appeal to me. This one is a gem!
Megan Ochoa
Jun 08, 2011 Megan Ochoa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always get sucked in by free kindle books.
Deb Kinnard
Oct 27, 2010 Deb Kinnard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book with my hard-earned and would do it again (but I don't need two copies).

PRAIRIE COURTSHIP plays out on the Oregon trail. Emma, a privately trained physician, is unwillingly bound for Oregon Country in lieu of her brother and his wife, who were kept from making the trip due to the wife’s troubled pregnancy. With Emma travels her adopted sister Anne, who’s sunk in grief over the loss of her husband and child in an accident.

Like the other pioneering women physicians, Emma doesn’t
Lynda
Jul 08, 2014 Lynda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A simple and enjoyable book. very disappointed with the slap- bam ending.
MariaFernanda
Dec 29, 2011 MariaFernanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the sense of community in the book.

Romance though wasn't the best because I felt like the characters didn't spend a lot of time together and when they did, it was usually the same thing. The book had a lot of potential to be better and I kept waiting, but it left a lot to be desired.

One of the things, for example, is that the author completely left some characters without an ending or closure...

The writing was very nice though and fluid. It kept the reader engaged and taught some good l
Karen
Feb 07, 2015 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Doctor Emma and her foster sister Annie start out on the long Oregon Trail. Zachary Thatcher leads the group and keeps them safe as they travel.
Jan 25, 2012 Jennifer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't finish this book. I couldn't. I was really looking forward to it, but right away deaths of people I couldn't bear to read about losing were immenint. There is enough death in the world, I don't really want to read about when I'm out to read fiction. I wish there was a warning on books somewhere so I could just avoid the titles altogether.
Shelly
Mar 28, 2013 Shelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I love to read pioneer stories. This one was interesting because th woman was a doctor. I liked the aspects of traveling and her attempts to gain acceptance as a doctor. I didn't fully buy into the love relationship and felt many of the characters needed more development.
Clarissa
pretty good read, I love historical fictions!
Tiffany
Jan 10, 2011 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christian fiction/romance. This was a great book about a girl heading west to fulfill someone else's dream... This book would lend itself well to a discussion group. I really enjoyed it.
Cathy Daniel
Jul 12, 2012 Cathy Daniel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME wagon train romance! I teared up several times and the ending is lovely :) Highly recommend.
Blessedmommy22
Loved! I love this time period and especially the Oregon Trail but this book needed more romance.
SheLove2Read
Jun 21, 2011 SheLove2Read rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, 2011
DNF. I can't stand a haughty heroine.
Sandra Beck
Sandra Beck marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Janie  R.
Janie R. marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Julie A. Guenther
Julie A. Guenther rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Jeanette
Jeanette rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Deborah
Deborah rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
Sumit
Sumit marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Laluna18
Laluna18 marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
Karen Gregory
Karen Gregory marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2015
Roxy Alice
Roxy Alice rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Rocky Mountain Match (Rocky Mountain, #1)
  • The Marshal's Promise
  • Soaring Home
  • Second Chance Family
  • Wyoming Lawman (The Women of Swan's Nest, #2)
  • Heartland Wedding (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #2)
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #1)
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • The Sheriff's Sweetheart (Brides of Simpson Creek, #3)
  • Her Healing Ways (Gabriel Sisters, #3)
  • Wanted: A Family
  • The Homesteader's Sweetheart
Married to her own personal hero for over fifty-eight years, mother of three, grandmother of four, and great-grandmother to a beautiful baby girl, Dorothy calls on her life’s experiences—including designing and helping her husband build their home, complete with beams they hewed by hand and a real, old-fashioned walk-in kitchen fireplace she occasionally cooks in, to add color and depth to her sto ...more
More about Dorothy Clark...

Randolph Family (6 books)
  • Beauty for Ashes
  • Joy for Mourning (Exchange Series, #2)
  • Family of the Heart
  • The Law And Miss Mary (Love Inspired Historical)
  • Frontier Father