Start by marking “A Journey to the Center of the Earth (Abridged)” as Want to Read:
A Journey to the Center of the Earth (Abridged)
Preview

A Journey to the Center of the Earth (Abridged)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Harry watches in terror as the giant prehistoric monsters come closer and closer... In an incredible world hundreds of miles beneath the earth's surface, three daring explorers risk their lives!

Unforgettable adventure that thrilled you in the movie, Journey to the Center of the Earth, that you saw on Television.

This is an abridged and edited version of the classic tale.
Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published 1972 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about A Journey to the Center of the Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Journey to the Center of the Earth

Anh Cat
10. As you read today, what surprised you? Explain how this will affect the story or how it changed your thinking about the story?
Today, for me I do not believe that there are any living things under the layer of the earth or even in my mind I cannot imagine anything. So as the first time see the title “Journey to the center of the Earth” by Jules Verne, I think that I must read this book even though it is just a fiction not reality. There many interesting and vivid things about this story. They
Cora Farris
Verne’s purpose in writing this book was likely to enrich minds, seeing as it is fiction. It also could have been intended to raise awareness for the scientific community. The theme of this book was “do not let fear stand in the way of success.” Professor Hardwigg is often seen putting his nephew’s safety concerns to the side in the interest of furthering their exploration. This was done, quite effectively, in a narrative style. The story is told as though the narrator, Harry, is looking back on ...more
Birsilah Bakar
It was a slow read for me though it was the most intriguing journey. I want Hans to narrate instead of Harry. Also, I was hoping that they really went into the core of the Earth or came out from the South Pole. All they ever did was made me think about Iceland more and the fact that dinosaurs could survive below our dirt.
Erin
Intriguing story.
Laura Fletcher
Laura Fletcher marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Meredith Hardy
Meredith Hardy marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Chanielle
Chanielle marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Sukumar Munuswamy
Sukumar Munuswamy marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Kaniska
Kaniska marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Jessie Henderson
Jessie Henderson marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Tobi
Tobi is currently reading it
Jan 13, 2015
Morgan Coss
Morgan Coss marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Pravithavr
Pravithavr marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Ashton Borelli
Ashton Borelli marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Marcos Montiel
Marcos Montiel is currently reading it
Jan 09, 2015
Dar A
Dar A marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Jules Gabriel Verne was a French author who pioneered the genre of science-fiction. He is best known for his novels "Journey to the Center of the Earth" (1864), "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea" (1870), and "Around the World in Eighty Days" (1873).

Verne wrote about space, air, and underwater travel before navigable aircraft and practical submarines were invented, and before any means of spa
More about Jules Verne...
Around the World in Eighty Days Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (Extraordinary Voyages, #6) Journey to the Center of the Earth (Extraordinary Voyages, #3) The Mysterious Island  From the Earth to the Moon (Extraordinary Voyages, #4)