Start by marking “Sky The Blue Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #5)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Sky The Blue Fairy

Daisy Meadows

Sky The Blue Fairy (Rainbow Fairies #5)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,770 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
The seven Rainbow Fairies are missing! Rachel and Kirsty search for one in each RAINBOW MAGIC book. Read all seven books to help rescue the fairies and bring the sparkle back to Fairyland!
Fairyland is home to seven colorful sisters. Together, they are the Rainbow Fairies! They keep Fairyland dazzling and bright. But when evil Jack Frost sends them far away, the sisters ar
80 pages
Published 2003 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Sky The Blue Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sky The Blue Fairy

Maggie
Sep 15, 2008 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I read the part when Sky was trapped in a bubble and the goblins were skating around the pond around her, then I was kind of scared because I thought the goblins would get her. I thought it was funny when one of the girls got the red stone and threw it on the pond so the goblins went running and shouting "ow, ow my feet hurt". I hoped the spell from Ruby, Amber, Sunny and Fern would work on Sky even though there were only 4 fairies to do the spell. It was a great and teeny bit scary book.
Michelle
Aug 11, 2009 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
awesome book! i loved the part about the crabs!
Lucy
Nov 14, 2015 Lucy rated it it was amazing
Irene
Mar 15, 2013 Irene rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls in Pre-K through 2nd Grade
Recommended to Irene by: Isabelle's 1st Grade Classmate
HMMM... After Isabelle gets over this fairy phase, I think I should look for some books with more empowered girls in it.

In this book, there were just too many instances of the girls and the fairies not stepping up to challenges.

When the girls find Sky the Blue Fairy, she is trapped in ice that was created by the close proximity of Jack Frost's goblins. Rachel and Kirsty spent all of no time trying to come up with a way to rescue Sky by themselves, which was all the more disappointing because t
Dolly
Mar 01, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the fifth book in the original Rainbow Magic series by the group of authors who go by the pseudonym Daisy Meadows. This series is the first of the many (about 125!) books in the Rainbow Magic series (yes, it confused me at first, too.) In any case, I'm not sure why we waited so long to read these original books, as now our oldest is finally reading about how Rachel and Kirsty got together with the fairies in the first place. Our oldest took a little break from fairies, but is getting int ...more
Lumi / Otso
May 19, 2016 Lumi / Otso rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
we picked up this book when we had 30 minutes to kill in a library in another town. my 5 year old daughter sat, rapt, for almost the whole thing (and actually the only reason we stopped was that we had to go). when we got home, i found it from our own library and she gave it the same intense attention. the story isn't amazing, but i've been trying to push her toward chapter books and if this is what it takes to prolong her attention span, then so be it.
Sarah Crawford
Jan 21, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the series of books in which some of the fairies had been thrown out of Fairyland by Jack Frost, rendering Fairyland colorless. Rachel and Kirsty are trying to locate the missing fairies, and this one involves the fairy named Sky.

As usual, the inefficient slapstick goblins are around trying to catch the fairy, but they spend more time arguing with each other than doing what they aer supposed to be doing.

Another cute book in the series, definitely for rather young readers.
Jai
"the water's really warm!" laughed rachel walker. She was sitting on a rock swishing her toes. In one. Of rainspell island's. Deep, blue rock. Pools. Her friend kirsty tate was looking for shells nearby. Mind u don't. Slip Kirsty!" called Mrs Tate. She was sitting further down the beach with Mrs walker.
Jeanna
Okay, I feel weird rating this 4 stars, but here's why: Because my daughter loves to read these books--so much that she came to me the other day and said, "I just almost finished reading Sky the Blue Fairy!" Then she proceeded to sit down and read the rest of it to herself. Now, granted, she still doesn't understand a bunch of the words, but she got the overall plot and several of the specific events--and she did it herself! If this is not a book WIN, I don't know what is. So for that alone, des ...more
Gracie
Mar 19, 2016 Gracie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sky the Blue Fairy is having some bubble trouble. Will Rachel and Kirsty help her out with a clue from the rainbow-coloured crab?
Julia Jasztal
Jan 11, 2013 Julia Jasztal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Mommy's review from 10/4/10)

The 5th book on the Rainbow Magic series is much like the others yet still different. I find myself admiring Meadows for her ability to keep them all so different while staying on track. It may sound easy but when thinking about it seriously I don't see how it can be.
Each book could be read alone although I wouldn't recommend it. So far they've each had a bit of background for readers who haven't read the previous books and for the readers who are reading the series
Anna
Feb 01, 2014 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-by-myself
Rachel and Kirsty found Sky! But just as they did the goblins froze her in a bubble. Rachel got her out. But Sky still is sick. So its up to them to help Sky.
Madison Cole
Aug 29, 2015 Madison Cole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh No Sky Please Don't Die We Need You I Need You Please Don't Go I Loved The Book
Cecelia
Sky was trapped in a bubble. When Jack Frost's goblins got close to Sky in the bubble, the bubble froze, so all her color faded away. They got back to the pot at the end of the rainbow so all the other rainbow fairies that they found so far can help her.
Rachel (Sfogs)
Sep 21, 2014 Rachel (Sfogs) rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Cute books.
Nothing like nearly freezing to death in a bubble of ice...
Jessica Comley
It is very simple and perfect for light reading. I really enjoyed it!
Charlotte
May 19, 2016 Charlotte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I see a bubble and the fairy was singing.
Mischa
May 25, 2014 Mischa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think it's the best book ever.
Hira
Feb 19, 2011 Hira rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i think that this book is very good and fun because two girls found a fairy called sky. some goblins came and were under jack frosts command to make the whole of fairy land in to a cold and icy land. the goblins put a magical bubble around sky and pushed her in a freezing ,cold pond. when the two girls scared the goblins away and freed sky, sky was very very pale and her powers were all gone and when her friends saw sky they were very shocked.when sky got better , sky and her friends were trying ...more
Allie
Mar 23, 2015 Allie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in Spanish
Lindsay
Still having fun reading this series with Ava! Definitely a great series for 2-3rd grade!
Kaitlyn
Mar 19, 2016 Kaitlyn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very boring
Mary Taylor
Jan 30, 2014 Mary Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marys-books
How do you get to read the books
Priya Appleby
(My overall review for the rainbow magic series)

These books were so magical to me as a child. They really got me into reading and I was so addicted. They helped me learn the colours of the rainbow and entertained me for several years. The books aren't very good. I've tried reading them again because I was interested in what I saw in them. The books are very similar and repetitive but to child version of me, they were completely perfect!
Reagan
Jan 20, 2014 Reagan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book so much! This book is so good and fun to read. Rainbow magic books are awesome! But I don`t like when Sky was trapped in the bubble. ...more
Lyn
Jan 21, 2014 Lyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gracie-s-books
Sky is my favorite fairy.
$hanel
Mar 18, 2010 $hanel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sky the blue fairy is the fifth rainbow fairy for Rachel and Kirsty to find. This mean some more bubble trouble for Kirsty and Rachel. When Rachel and Kirsty go to the beach one sunny day they find Sky under a rock crying. Now that Rachel and Kirsty have found Sky they now must find 2 other fairies, if not Fairy Land will be doomed and gray forever!
Mckayla
Jul 13, 2009 Mckayla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
  • Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #12)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • The Pet Store Sprite (Pixie Tricks, #3)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Ivy and Bean and the Ghost That Had to Go (Ivy and Bean, #2)
  • Princess Charlotte and the Birthday Ball (The Tiara Club, #1)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • The Secret Promise (The Rescue Princesses, #1)
  • The Golden Wasp (The Secrets of Droon, #8)
  • The Last Fairy-Apple Tree (Fairy Realm, #4)
  • A Summer Spell (Magic Kitten, #1)
  • Two for One (Bink & Gollie, #2)
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh
More about Daisy Meadows...

Rainbow Fairies (10 books)
  • Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1)
  • Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2)
  • Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3)
  • Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4)
  • Inky The Indigo Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #6)
  • Heather The Violet Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #7)
  • The Rainbow Fairies: #1-2