Start by marking “Sky The Blue Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #5)” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Sky The Blue Fairy

Daisy Meadows

Sky The Blue Fairy (Rainbow Fairies #5)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  1,437 ratings  ·  53 reviews
The seven Rainbow Fairies are missing! Rachel and Kirsty search for one in each RAINBOW MAGIC book. Read all seven books to help rescue the fairies and bring the sparkle back to Fairyland!
Fairyland is home to seven colorful sisters. Together, they are the Rainbow Fairies! They keep Fairyland dazzling and bright. But when evil Jack Frost sends them far away, the sisters ar
80 pages
Published 2003 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Sky The Blue Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sky The Blue Fairy

Maggie
When I read the part when Sky was trapped in a bubble and the goblins were skating around the pond around her, then I was kind of scared because I thought the goblins would get her. I thought it was funny when one of the girls got the red stone and threw it on the pond so the goblins went running and shouting "ow, ow my feet hurt". I hoped the spell from Ruby, Amber, Sunny and Fern would work on Sky even though there were only 4 fairies to do the spell. It was a great and teeny bit scary book.
Michelle
awesome book! i loved the part about the crabs!
Irene
Mar 15, 2013 Irene rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls in Pre-K through 2nd Grade
Recommended to Irene by: Isabelle's 1st Grade Classmate
HMMM... After Isabelle gets over this fairy phase, I think I should look for some books with more empowered girls in it.

In this book, there were just too many instances of the girls and the fairies not stepping up to challenges.

When the girls find Sky the Blue Fairy, she is trapped in ice that was created by the close proximity of Jack Frost's goblins. Rachel and Kirsty spent all of no time trying to come up with a way to rescue Sky by themselves, which was all the more disappointing because t
Dolly
Mar 01, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the fifth book in the original Rainbow Magic series by the group of authors who go by the pseudonym Daisy Meadows. This series is the first of the many (about 125!) books in the Rainbow Magic series (yes, it confused me at first, too.) In any case, I'm not sure why we waited so long to read these original books, as now our oldest is finally reading about how Rachel and Kirsty got together with the fairies in the first place. Our oldest took a little break from fairies, but is getting int ...more
Jai
"the water's really warm!" laughed rachel walker. She was sitting on a rock swishing her toes. In one. Of rainspell island's. Deep, blue rock. Pools. Her friend kirsty tate was looking for shells nearby. Mind u don't. Slip Kirsty!" called Mrs Tate. She was sitting further down the beach with Mrs walker.
Jeanna
Okay, I feel weird rating this 4 stars, but here's why: Because my daughter loves to read these books--so much that she came to me the other day and said, "I just almost finished reading Sky the Blue Fairy!" Then she proceeded to sit down and read the rest of it to herself. Now, granted, she still doesn't understand a bunch of the words, but she got the overall plot and several of the specific events--and she did it herself! If this is not a book WIN, I don't know what is. So for that alone, des ...more
Julia Jasztal
(Mommy's review from 10/4/10)

The 5th book on the Rainbow Magic series is much like the others yet still different. I find myself admiring Meadows for her ability to keep them all so different while staying on track. It may sound easy but when thinking about it seriously I don't see how it can be.
Each book could be read alone although I wouldn't recommend it. So far they've each had a bit of background for readers who haven't read the previous books and for the readers who are reading the series
Anna
Rachel and Kirsty found Sky! But just as they did the goblins froze her in a bubble. Rachel got her out. But Sky still is sick. So its up to them to help Sky.
Rachel (Sfogs)
Cute books.
Nothing like nearly freezing to death in a bubble of ice...
Jessica Comley
It is very simple and perfect for light reading. I really enjoyed it!
Mischa
I think it's the best book ever.
Hira
i think that this book is very good and fun because two girls found a fairy called sky. some goblins came and were under jack frosts command to make the whole of fairy land in to a cold and icy land. the goblins put a magical bubble around sky and pushed her in a freezing ,cold pond. when the two girls scared the goblins away and freed sky, sky was very very pale and her powers were all gone and when her friends saw sky they were very shocked.when sky got better , sky and her friends were trying ...more
Lindsay Stranahan
Still having fun reading this series with Ava! Definitely a great series for 2-3rd grade!
Mary Taylor
How do you get to read the books
Priya
(My overall review for the rainbow magic series)

These books were so magical to me as a child. They really got me into reading and I was so addicted. They helped me learn the colours of the rainbow and entertained me for several years. The books aren't very good. I've tried reading them again because I was interested in what I saw in them. The books are very similar and repetitive but to child version of me, they were completely perfect!
Alison Stadt
I love this book so much! This book is so good and fun to read. Rainbow magic books are awesome! But I don`t like when Sky was trapped in the bubble.
Lyn
Sky is my favorite fairy.
$hanel
Sky the blue fairy is the fifth rainbow fairy for Rachel and Kirsty to find. This mean some more bubble trouble for Kirsty and Rachel. When Rachel and Kirsty go to the beach one sunny day they find Sky under a rock crying. Now that Rachel and Kirsty have found Sky they now must find 2 other fairies, if not Fairy Land will be doomed and gray forever!
Mckayla
Julia Winknler
Sky is very dificult to find, since the Goblins make her veyr very ill! She gets frozen inside a bubble while the goblins dance on the little bit of ice around her. Bur Kirsty and Rchel are able to save her from the goblins , but will they be able to save from her illess.
J&C's Daughter
This is a chapter book series. I made the mistake of choosing a book in the middle of the series. P didn't seem to mind or notice the gap in the story line. She begged and begged for me to read another chapter every chance she got. We will read the rest of the series.
Misha
I think this book is very adventrous and magical.This book is about two girls which are called rachel and kristy they always meet a magical fairy which is a coulour fairy.All seven fairys have a special colour.
Dana
Now they have to find the blue fairy. But they have searched everywhere that they can think of and they can't find her. Will they ever find her? If they do will they find her in time? Read and find out!!! :)
9 3/4
I loved this as a child. Yes I know I am a boy and this should appeal to girls only, but fairies (kind and beautiful on the outside, dark on the inside) always fascinated me. I was a strange kid.
Celia
I liked sky the blue fairy
because she was pretty and it was just
a great book ! all of the rainbow magic
books are so so great ! ! :)
and I hope you like them too ! :) :) !
!
Taylor
when i was like 7 years old i fell in love with this book.
if you feel mad and feel like reading a book.Read this one,you will like it!!!!!!
Theresa
one of my daughters books talks about friendship and fairies and finding your way in life, inspirational book for young girls
Izy Pearl
I loved it! It was a very good book, where Kirsty and Rachel have to save Sky, the blue fairy, from Jack Frost and his goblins.
Iburke
Sky's color is coming back. She is turning blue. The other fairies are so happy to see Sky again.
  • Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #12)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Princess Charlotte and the Birthday Ball (The Tiara Club, #1)
  • Ivy and Bean Break the Fossil Record (Ivy and Bean, #3)
  • Fancy Nancy: Nancy Clancy, Super Sleuth
  • The Golden Wasp (The Secrets of Droon, #8)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • A Summer Spell (Magic Kitten, #1)
  • Buddy (The Puppy Place, #5)
  • The Pet Store Sprite (Pixie Tricks, #3)
  • Dreams Come True (My Secret Unicorn, #2)
  • Judy Moody Predicts the Future (Judy Moody, #4)
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh
More about Daisy Meadows...

Rainbow Fairies (10 books)
  • Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1)
  • Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2)
  • Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3)
  • Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4)
  • Inky The Indigo Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #6)
  • Heather The Violet Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #7)
  • The Rainbow Fairies: #1-2
  • The Rainbow Magic: #1-5 [Boxed Set]
  • The Rainbow Magic: #5-7 [Volume 2]
Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1) Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2) Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1) Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4) Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3)