The Power of Giving: How Giving Back Enriches Us All

The Power of Giving: How Giving Back Enriches Us All

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  154 ratings  ·  28 reviews
This practical and visionary guide helps you discover that the more you give, the more you have.
Simple and easy to use, "The Power of Giving" provides a wealth of down-to-earth ideas, exercises, and real-life stories that reveal to each reader the unique gifts he or she has to give?including kindness, ideas, advice, attention, hope, and more?and the many ways you can ben...more
Published August 14th 2008 by Tarcher (first published March 1st 2005)

Leo Polovets
1) Very anecdotal.
2) A large fraction of examples and suggestions come from from religious texts and practices. I am not religious and was hoping for research-based advice, so this aspect of the book was disappointing.
3) There are some good tidbits here and there (hence 2 stars instead of 1), but overall the content is fairly straightforward and intuitive. I probably could've come up with 80% of the book's suggestions if I just sat down and brainstormed for 60 minutes.
Mai Tarraf
كتاب استمتعت بقرائتة كثيرا يحدث فى بعض البديهيات ولكنه مهتم جدا بتفاصيلها ويحفز على فعلها
يتحدث عن المؤسسات الغير هادفة للربح وكيف انه واجب على كل انسان ان يتطوع فى وحدة منها حتى نؤدى حق المجتمع علينا
هناك رسالة عظيمة من الكتاب هو انه عندما تنغمس فى العطاء سيجردك من الانانية وعندما تتجرد من الانانية سوف يوصلك هذا الى ذاتك ويجعل من روحك روح متفائلة جميلة تساعد الناس وتساعد نفسها ويصبح المجتمع مجتمعا خيرا تعاونيا
امدنى بطاقة روحية جيدة جدا
Aboobaker Thanveer
i think dis one of the tremendous book i have read, author have designed the so perfectly that could not stop turning around pages.
Khaidir
Must-read! Profit from reading it. Give(share) it to everyone you love.
Paiman Chen
The more we give, the more we get.
Maryammr514
The power of giving is a book that i really enjoyed reading, it is about giving, and the impact of giving on a person.
the power of giving is the strength that you get when you give anyone the simplest thing; an improve in health, relationships, and even self-satisfaction as well as happiness. this books teaches you to give with joy, and never wait for a pay back, because once you give, you get in many forms and in different times. In fact the more you give others, the more you give yourself.
the...more
Justine
Kay Sprinkel Grace said, "The Power of Giving is an authentic, inspiring, moving and practical book about abundance, hope and the basic truth of philanthropy: the love of humankind." ....

while ... Stephen Post said, "Azim Jamal and Harvey McKinnon have outlined in practical terms the many different ways in which we can give to the world around us - and to ourselves in the process."

... and as Robin Sharma said, "Our destinies will ultimately be defined by what we give, not what we get. This power...more
Ally Saidi
Apr 15, 2014 Ally Saidi marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i think i can increase my believe through this book.
Mallee Stanley
Inspiring and a quick easy read
Ray
Sep 20, 2008 Ray rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I am just starting this one. I do give to Heifer International and Kiva, through the web. I used to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity when I lived in Las Vegas. After reading the first chapter I remember why I volunteered and I am ready to get back out there here in Georgia. I contacted the local chapter here in Macon today and I can't wait to start again. I think I am blessed. When you think about it the average American probably has more than what 75-80% of the people in the world have. It e...more
Bibliomanic Marley
Its pretty good for those who love to enhance their skills on giving. Azim Jamal, the author, describes in many ways, who, what when where and how to spend and invest in money, time, and energy to give to others. It is basically a guidline for those who love to practice altruism, i highly reccoment the book because its a good read to increase your capacity of giving. This book teaches the more you give, the more you get, and has some of Azims experiences of giving as well ;)
Engy Moussa
Give to Get.. Give to be Happy.. Give to feel Human as you get to share people's concerns, pain, worries, thoughts, and causes.
There is no limit to giving whether it is time, money, attention, love, ideas.. anything positive you give to yourself or others will definitely (إن شاء الله) make a difference and accomplish an improvement.
Giving leads to high self-esteem, confidence and prosperity as it makes one feels needed and worthy.

24/9/2012 @6am
Engy Moussa
Naomi
I enjoy encountering perspectives on generosity and generous practices that are new to me. Though Azim Jamal and Harvey McKinnon cover much of the expected ground (hey, it is necessary ground for true generosity), they also introduced me to some new ideas I plan to try. The book is structured in a way that makes it especially helpful for small groups engaging the topic of generosity, and for corporate leadership development.
Naif Alwably

كتاب رائع جميل ربما يغير حياتك للافضل في هذا الزمن السريع المحموم لم يستطع البشر ان يجدوا السعادة في الماديات فبدأوا يفتشوا في أرواحهم عن بواعث السعادة وهذا الكتاب يكشف لك عن أعظم الأسرار التي تعيد لروحك الاستقرار والانسجام..

كنت سأقترح على المؤلفين حذف الفصل الخاص بعطاء الشركات فهو ممل ولا ينسجم مع روح الكتاب
Rhapsodysufi Othman
Giving have it own power that sometimes we can't really see it. The reward of giving is something we can't ask for, and if we get it, it is a gift from God. This book taught me that giving is a cycle of life. We never knew when we going to need from someone. So we have it, dare ourself to give it.
Angela
Good solid information that lacked excitement. Hard to read cover to cover because it is very basic and I didn't feel like I was going to learn anything I didn't already know. Best take away I'll quote to others: "always do your best because your choices today build your future. "
Sarah Alrayes
اهم جزء قرأته هو قاعدة العشر: العطاء ب : عشر المال، عشر الوقت ، عشر الأفكار .. واخيرا تخصيص العشر أولاً لعطائك لنفسك وبعدها ستستمتع بالعطاء للاخرين ومن حولك
Suci
buku ini mengajari kita bagaimana untuk selalu memberi pada orang lain. Selain itu buku ini dilengkapi dengan gambar-gambar yang menarik. dengan memberi, jiwa kita akan lebih bahagia. teruslah memberi, tapi jangan berlebihan.
Curtis
Mar 11, 2011 Curtis rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: addicts and the unemployed
Recommended to Curtis by: the Public Library
I like what I saw, but wasn't really paying attention. Would make a good evening's reading. I wish that I had not been distracted by Linda's pregnancy because I could have taken the advice to heart.
Deni Aria
a very insipring book..I found true that giving doesn't make you down, giving is the best healing medication for humanity as I believe it stated on every holy scriptures!
Suffeiya
I think this is one of the book that really caught my eyes and makes me want to finish it really quick. it just awesome. really help in understanding my life.
Adil albalushi
قوة العطاء
كتاب مليئ بالعطاء
كتاب رائع ومفيد وخاصة لمن يحبون العمل التطوعي والخيري
كتاب ثري بنماذج و شواهد جميلة في الحياة
انصح به
Shirley
Really gives me the value of giving, what really is.
I can appreciate more what I have and more focus on what I already have.
Aisha Hammad
انا معجبة بفكرة الكتاب ..هي المعلومات ليست بالجديدة لكن أفادونا بذكر عدة طرق للعطاء..انا ممتنة لهم بحجم السماء ^^ وانصح به..
Prita
This book means alot and change the way i see thing.
Always be a giver : a giver of knowledge, time, skill, wealth & love ツ
Ryoof Almutawa
well i read it cause I'm doing a project on the same subject; it's good but not that that good!
Debra
The title says it all - how giving back enriches us all.
Seoul Nainggolan
the more you give, the more you receive
Barbc
Aug 20, 2013 Barbc marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jamie-m
  • What's Wrong With Homosexuality?
  • Practicing Peace in Times of War
  • The Nature of Technology: What It Is and How It Evolves
  • Buried in Treasures: Help for Compulsive Acquiring, Saving, and Hoarding
  • Peace Is the Way: Bringing War and Violence to an End
  • Theories of Personality
  • Why Sh*t Happens: The Science of a Really Bad Day
  • Strange Brains and Genius: The Secret Lives Of Eccentric Scientists And Madmen
  • Autobiography of a Schizophrenic Girl
  • Think: Why You Should Question Everything
  • The Sedona Method: Your Key to Lasting Happiness, Success, Peace and Emotional Well-being
  • Co-Opetition
  • Taking the Path of Zen
  • Everyday Survival: Why Smart People Do Stupid Things
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Women: Simple and Practical Ways to Do What Matters Most and Find Time For You
  • The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People: What Scientists Have Learned and How You Can Use It
  • The New Global Student: Skip the SAT, Save Thousands on Tuition, and Get a Truly International Education
  • The Happiness Myth: Why What We Think Is Right Is Wrong
Azim Jamal is a leading inspirational speaker, management consultant & executive coach. He has three professional financial qualifications but made a life-changing career switch from "accounting for business" to "accounting for life" during a soul-stirring experience while volunteering in the developing world. Azim is the author of several books including The Corporate Sufi™ and # 1 Amazon bes...more
More about Azim Jamal...
The Corporate Sufi The One Minute Sufi: Timeless And Placeless Principles In Small Doses Seven Steps to Lasting Happiness: An Inspiring and Practical Guide to Sustained Happiness Diary Happiness The Power of Giving: How Giving Back Enriches Us All