Start by marking “Losing It (The Administration, #4.7)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Losing It

Manna Francis

Losing It (The Administration #4.7)

Another short story in The Administration series.

Toreth and Warrick go out to a corporate party. Toreth lets his jealousy rule him.

To ask other readers questions about Losing It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Losing It

Loederkoningin
Another thrilling glimpse into the mind of a sociopath.

Toreth's jealousy and possessiveness over Warrick triggers a frightening chain reaction in him, possibly with a fatal outcome. For he is close, so close to tipping over the edge this time...and losing it. Losing everything.

Another short story that will keep you on edge constantly.

Jesus, Manna's good!
Susan
Nov 11, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it

As much as I always say how much I love Jealous Toreth, this one actually made me a tad bit uncomfortable. I like, of course, that he cares (as much as Toreth’s actually capable of caring) for Warrick, but it felt borderline insane (<-yes, I know its Toreth we’re talking about).

The bathroom scene really unnerved me. And though I appreciate the conversation they had about it later, with Warrick questioning if Toreth was actually in control, I don’t know that I entirely believed him when he sai
Dec 14, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it

In this powerful Manna Francis jab, we get to spend a night out with Warrick at a corporate event in Toreth’s head. A very scary place to be sometimes.

Losing It is a slow, frightening, piece by piece spiral down into anger, fear, jealousy, tension, and insecurity. Toreth’s emotions had me dizzy and all kinds of twisted around. His emotions slashed back and forth through the night as he struggled for control—watching, comparing, and prowling. Once again, Manna Francis left me in awe! Toreth’s on
Nina
I'm slightly mindblown atm.
Toreth scared me a bit, in this story, and I think he should have scared Warrick too - but Warrick was, as always, perfectly cool and forgiving. And I can't seem to make my mind up and decide whether that's a good thing, or they're taking it a bit too far, because Toreth's reaction was caused by his (not-so-secret) insecurity, yes, but that makes him dangerous.
Toreth's jealousy is hot, and Warrick's submissiveness is lovely (seems like a strange way to describe it, but
Shelley
Another rather disconcerting look inside Toreth's head, and his jealousy and possessiveness reaches new levels, even for him.
My satisfaction in seeing a jealous Toreth is quickly squashed when his psychosis takes over and I actually got a bit scared for Warrick.

A small part of me wished that Warrick hadn't accepted his hand after that *scene*. I wanted him to walk away, just go and then what....I don't know, but I felt very sad at the acquiescence. Sometimes, enough is enough.
Lenore
There's a fine line between jealousy and abuse. And that line is kinda blurred here. Possessiveness this strong is dangerous. Much as I enjoyed Toreth's torment, I didn't like him very much in this one.
Sheri
Nov 18, 2012 Sheri rated it really liked it
Isn't it clear to us that he has already lost it??
poor Warrick,
"Not bad," he said, "but I already have a better one."
what can he do to reassure him?
I think rings should be considered?? or maybe matching tatoos??
Trix
Feb 06, 2013 Trix rated it really liked it
Mich
Wow. Phenomenal. This one did it for me. Toreth's inane jealousy through the first half of the story was driving me mad. As awful as Toreth is "supposed"to be, I guess I didn't want to believe he could completely lose it with Warrick. The build up to the bathroom scene was like watching a car wreck. You just knew something bad was going to happen. I was sure Toreth was going to go ape shit; destroy the bathroom and beat the hell out of Warrick. In the end I don't think Warrick should have let ...more
Marina
Nov 11, 2012 Marina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, m-m
Brilliant, Toreth's struggle with his jealousy and his insecurities!

"Because you we're fucking her in the sim. I know you we're, so don't try to deny it.

He couldn't bring himself to say it."

Amanda
4 stars

When I caught my ex eye fucking someone I didn't rape him so he knew he was mine... Sometimes its obvious Toreth does have the mentality of a 10 year old and Warrick enjoys it.
Lala
First read on December 18, 2014.
Re-read on July 11, 2015.

Love seeing jealous Toreth, but this was half a step too far.

Lena♥Ribka
Apr 04, 2015 Lena♥Ribka rated it really liked it
3, 9 stars

Angelica
Jan 08, 2015 Angelica rated it it was amazing
Toreth's inner monologue was fascinating in its realism. Down the slippery slope he went.
Mel
Apr 14, 2013 Mel rated it really liked it
Scratch the wishful thinking. Toreth is still as dangerous as ever.
Jacqueline
THIS. This is the story that has made me put down my e-reader, made me second-guess my desire to read the rest of the series.

Toreth is terrifying, but we already knew that. His violent possessiveness and jealousy is taken to an entirely new level here. I can usually handle reading this kind of thing, but when he deliberately decides not to check if Warrick's signalling him to stop is when I felt legitimately sick, eyes tearing and hands clenching. To top it off, Toreth is a hypocritical jackass
Penny
Sep 14, 2015 Penny rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-read-mm, reviewed
Shit, sometimes a bit of jealousy is OK, but this time it went too far, it was twisted and wrong.

Previously, I have enjoyed Toreth's jealousy, it showed that he did care for Warrick, that he mattered, that he was different from others to him, special.
This time however, jealousy left the "nice" territory to go straight into dangerously sick territory.

The sex encounter at the toilet was really hot, but damn, Toreth can be a really big asshole sometimes.

The shower scene was good, Warrick's conc
Elizabetta

Toreth’s head is a scary, scary place. And we get to see just how fine a line he walks in his possessiveness and obsession with Warrick. He balances the line; he’ll lose Warrick if he crosses it. How long and far can Toreth go without losing it? It’s what makes riveting reading.

Are all these little short amuse-bouches in the Administration world really worth 5 stars? Manna Francis has built such complex, engrossing characters that she could write them reading the phone book and still mesmerize.
Rebe
Nov 07, 2014 Rebe rated it it was ok
Shelves: series
In which Toreth is more possessive/jealous than usual and almost loses control, and it freaks Warrick out a little. They have a mini-argument, not that heated, and that's pretty much it. Everything Francis writes is good, ofc, but this one is meh relative to the other stories in the series.
♥Xeni♥
Second read: Oct. 29, 2013

---

First read: Sep. 28, 2010

Another great story in The Administration series. Warrick and Toreth attend a SimTech corporate function and Toreth starts to question his jealously.
Liz
Sep 25, 2013 Liz rated it liked it
Shelves: scifi, short, mm-romance
Losing It (The Administration, #4.7) A bit over long, more of Toreth not simply talking about what's going on in his head but then again it's Toreth so what did I expect?
Milyd
Aug 07, 2015 Milyd rated it liked it
Warrick, I know you're a smart man. Run while you can! 'Cause what I just read was terrifying. One of these days Toreth will lose his "control".
Camilla
Apr 30, 2011 Camilla rated it it was amazing
Losing it, is a short about Toreth "losing it" because of jealousy..

Cant help it, but I love the sick SOB.. What does that make me, though? Hmmm..
Adina Costen
Adina Costen rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2012
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Mimi Smith
Mimi Smith rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2014
Lovely
Lovely rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2012
Rien
Rien rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Emem
Emem rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2016
Aliye
Aliye rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Special Forces - Veterans (Special Forces, #3)
  • The Interludes (In the Company of Shadows, #3)
  • El Presidio Rides North
  • In Over His Head
  • Forget Me Not (Mnevermind #2)
  • It's Like This
  • Words and Their Digestion
  • Teahouse
  • Laser Visions
  • Aftermath (Glitterland, #1.5)
  • Esperanza
  • The Last Rebellion
I've been writing original slash since 2002 — or homoerotic fiction, m/m romance, yaoi, as you prefer. Original slash is my personal term of choice because I feel it best represents my writing in terms of style and what readers can expect to find there — original fiction following the stylistic traditions of slash fanfiction. Individual stories may or may nor be sexually explicit.

More about Manna Francis...

The Administration (10 books)
  • Mind Fuck (The Administration, #1)
  • Quid Pro Quo (The Administration, #2)
  • Games & Players (The Administration, #3)
  • Control (The Administration, #4)
  • Quis Custodiet (The Administration, #5)
  • First Against the Wall (The Administration, #6)
  • For Certain Values of Family (The Administration, #7)
  • Family Values (The Administration #7.1)
  • Blood & Circuses (The Administration, #8)
  • Untitled (The Administration, #9)