Start by marking “The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works” as Want to Read:

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  125 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The Dorm Room Diet

Revised and Updated Edition

Figuring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is help from someone who's been there. Like many girls, Daphne Oz struggled with her weight as a teenager and hated the extreme restrictions of fad diets. She wanted to find a he
Published June 22nd 2010 by Newmarket Press (first published July 26th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Dorm Room Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dorm Room Diet

Jasmine
The intended audience for this book is a few years younger than myself, but I am a college student and have fallen into the trap of eating pre-packaged foods because it's convenient. This book is an easy read and often repeats the same tips over and over again in different chapters. While this may be good to some, it was quite annoying to me. While the information is not the best, it is easy to understand and Daphne breaks it down as simple as she can.
Moe
This is the perfect book for anyone on the go or with a busy life (not just college students)! This book is so easy and interesting to read, I actually couldn't put it down! If your looking to change your mindset about your diet choices and get some good information, this is for you.
Caroline Petty
This is a great book for broke college students who have no clue about what their eating, no time, and no space to work out in. I read this book when i was actually in a dorm and found some of the exercises that were suggested for a confined space very helpful.It offers tips for people who can't fit exercise into their schedules or who simply hate working out and want to get motivated. It also really gets you thinking about what you are actually putting in your body and some just as tasty health ...more
Ann Wilbert
I bought this book after hearing Dr. Oz talk about it. It's written by his daughter. I thought it would be good for my son to read since he's already got a few extra pounds and he's heading off to college.
Despite the fact that it is definitely written for girls, there are some really good issues and solutions raised.
I'll try to get Alex to read it. It will probably be fun to have in his room when girls come over!
Lara Alexander
Jun 24, 2011 Lara Alexander rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: college or college-bound females
I really enjoyed that this book was written by a young woman who knew first hand about getting or staying healthy in college. It does a good job of explaining the key points without over-complicating them, and it has a very "reader-friendly" layout/organization. I got some good tips from it, but I mean, it's a health book so it's not THAT exciting.
Priya
Dr. Oz's daughter knows her stuff. This book is up there. Easy to read, knowledgeable stuff. College students have hope yet to not be the generation that is most likely to have the most health issues. And, to think, she wrote this book while still in college.
Ideco
This is any easy to read book and very resourceful. I read this book throughout my freshman year in college and it was of great aid.
Bridget
Sep 30, 2011 Bridget marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Always on the lookout for easy tips to give out to my girls, we'll see how this one does!
Duxcaelo
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Caitlin Sullivan
Caitlin Sullivan marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Emmaline
Emmaline marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Evan Cook
Evan Cook marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Lauren-Eva
Lauren-Eva is currently reading it
Aug 29, 2014
Jenny B
Jenny B marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Hannah
Hannah added it
Jul 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • 7 Years Younger: The Revolutionary 7-Week Plan to Look and Feel Your Best
  • Being a Go-To-Tech: How to Be Both Successful and Happy While Working in the World of Computers
  • The Lies of Sarah Palin: The Untold Story Behind Her Relentless Quest for Power
  • The Inflammation Syndrome: The Complete Nutritional Program to Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, Arthritis, Diabetes, Allergies, and Asthma
  • Teeny-Tiny Mochimochi: More Than 40 Itty-Bitty Minis to Knit, Wear, and Give
  • The Essential Guide to Color Knitting Techniques
  • The Glycemic-Load Diet
  • Stirring It Up: How to Make Money and Save the World
  • The Mayo Clinic Diet: Eat well. Enjoy life. Lose weight.
  • Big Girl Knits : 25 Big, Bold Projects Shaped for Real Women with Real Curves
  • The Ten Things to Do When Your Life Falls Apart: An Emotional and Spiritual Handbook
  • The Hunger Fix: The Three-Stage Detox and Recovery Plan for Overeating and Food Addiction
  • Smart Chefs Stay Slim: Lessons in Eating and Living From America's Best Chefs
  • The Nutrition Twins' Veggie Cure: Expert Advice and Tantalizing Recipes for Health, Energy, and Beauty
  • The Omni Diet: Two Weeks to Lose Weight, Reverse Illness, and Control Your Genes
  • Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul: Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit of Writers
  • The Tuscan Sun Cookbook: Recipes from Our Italian Kitchen
  • Cooking with All Things Trader Joe's Cookbook
Relish: An Adventure in Food, Style, and Everyday Fun The Dorm Room Diet Planner Relish (Enhanced Edition): An Adventure in Food, Style, and Everyday Fun The Dorm Room Diet: The 8-step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works Chew: Fall Flavors, The Apple Fixed Format: More than 20 Seasonal Recipes from The Chew Kitchen