That Christmas Feeling (Dundee, Idaho Series, #8.5)

That Christmas Feeling (Dundee, Idaho #8.5)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Wishes come true this holiday season in this heartwarming collection of three stories from your favorite Harlequin Superromance authors."A Dundee Christmas"

A woman seeking refuge in a strange town during a snowstorm is taken in by a man who helps her discover that home is where the love is.

"We Need a Little Christmas"

A prodigal son returning to his family ranch meets a wom...more
Published November 2nd 2010 by Harlequin (first published November 1st 2010)

Pamela(AllHoney)
I found this at the library and decided to read it because I saw that Brenda Novak had a story in this one. It was just okay for me. Three very short stories and none give you a satisfying HEA. The problem with short stories is that you never get much development in the story for obvious reasons. For what it was it wasn't bad but I have to have a little better ending to give it a higher rating.
Jae
I loved Brenda Novak's story best. The other two were a bit Meh.
Lynn Spencer
Wow – we’ve reached the end of TBR Challenge 2012! This month’s theme was holiday romance, so I had no trouble finding a book in my TBR pile to fit it. In the end, I decided I was in the mood for something contemporary, so I went with Harlequin Superromance’s 2010 anthology, That Christmas Feeling. I read the whole book, but it was definitely a mixed bag. Overall, I’d put it in the B-/C+ range.

The first story, A Dundee Christmas by Brenda Novak, was the most unique but also the most problematic...more
Donna
Wow! I absolutely loved the Bliss novella, Kiss Me Santa. It was very well written and the scene where Mike brought out the beer bottles in only his boxers and a tie to scare off the potential buyers had me rolling on the floor! I will definitely be looking for more of her work! The Novak novella was a bit of a let-down. I felt like too much time was devoted to the beginning of the story and not enough to the end. I also had trouble believing Ken and Cierra knew each other well enough to fall in...more
Patricia Solla
Three stories in one book. The first story involves a young woman who has come to the US to marry so that she can stay in the country. The problem is that he dies before she can marry him. So the ex-wife sends her to her brother but the woman gets to the wrong house in a snowstorm. The tale lies in what happens. Not too Christmassy but okay. The second story is about a young woman trying to save a Christmas tradition and a ranch. Help comes in a very intersting way. Good story lots of Christmas....more
Janga
Brenda Novak's "That Christmas Feeling" was an interesting story with an out-of-the-ordinary heroine, and Kathleen O'Brien's "We Need a Little Christmas" was sweet, if predictable. But Karina Bliss's "Kiss Me, Santa" was five-star-worthy, my top Christmas read of 2010. I love the believability and the likeability of Bliss's characters generally, and she was in top form here. There were some laugh-out-loud scenes and some poignant ones. I expect to be rereading this one for Christmases to come.
Elizabeth
Jan 02, 2014 Elizabeth rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: women of all ages
Enjoyed very much. Leaves you with a smile and that warm fuzzy feeling that's perfect for the holidays.
ms bookjunkie
A very nice Christmas anthology. O'Brien and Bliss were already know to me, but now I want to try some more Novak.
Fedora
Enjoyable collection of contemporary Christmas stories.
B. J. Johns
It was great seeing Ken all grown up.
Joyce Frederick
Joyce Frederick marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Crisyuri
Crisyuri marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Cynthia Davis
Cynthia Davis marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Brenda Detiveaux
Brenda Detiveaux marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Kyrstin
Kyrstin marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Hilary
Hilary marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Nata
Nata marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Trish Mitchell
Trish Mitchell marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Alejandra
Alejandra marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Ronica
Ronica marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
It was a shocking experience that jump-started Brenda Novak’s bestselling author career.

“I caught my day-care provider drugging my children with cough syrup and Tylenol to get them to sleep while I was away,” Brenda says. “It was then that I decided that I needed to do something from home.”

However, writing was the last profession she expected to undertake. In fact, Brenda swears she didn’t have a...more
More about Brenda Novak...
When We Touch (Whiskey Creek, #0.5) Trust Me (Last Stand Series, #1) When Lightning Strikes (Whiskey Creek, #1) When Snow Falls (Whiskey Creek, #2) Stop Me (Last Stand Series, #2)