Alaskan Wolf (Alpha Force #1)

Alaskan Wolf (Alpha Force #1)

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  19 reviews
When naturalist Mariah Garvey travels to the remote Alaska glacier region, she finds an abundance of beauty unparalleled in the Lower 48. The stark landscape, the vivid life force--and the powerful appeal of her rugged new guide, Patrick Worley.For Patrick, the beautiful nature writer is an unwelcome distraction. His job at the Great Glacier Dog Ranch is only a cover for h...more
Published November 16th 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

Samie Kauchis
Totally not for me... It was predictable from page one, and boring. I almost didn't make it through the whole book... But I kept hoping it would get better.
Amelia-Irene
This is the second book in the Alpha Force series.

Lt Patrick Worley, a member of the very secret Alpha Force, is undercover in Alaska to find out why all of a sudden all the glaciers are breaking up. Mariah Garvey is there to cover the Great Glacier to cover the ice break up and it's effect upon wildlife for the magazine that she writes for. She hires Patrick in his undercover job, to take her out dogsledding into the area that they are both interested in. After a day out on the ice the local re...more
Kathy
Alisa
Ok... I normally don't read Harlequin books but I saw this on the shelf as I was putting books away at my bookstore and it sounded good. Well, it wasn't good, it was great!! It kept me reading until I finished the book in one sitting. Now I have to get the first one in the Nocturne series which I believe is The Wolven and be on the lookout for the next one. I have already made this series the next on my bookclubs list.
I normally read books with a lot of explicit sex scenes but I found that the...more
Art
this book is well written, altho the ending is rather abrupt. The bood is second in the series, not as listed @ goodreads. proper order @ Amazon. #2.5 available there w/out collection inconvenience.
Jenny
Utter dreck. This is one of those books that makes me wonder why I don't give romance writing a shot.
Julie Jones
I started this book at some point maybe last year and had a hard time getting into it. I picked it back up and it got better but...the story line never really drew me in. I LOVED the 1st book in the series. But was disappointed with this one. Too much mystery..not enough romance. I still give it 3 stars it was an ok read nothing extraordinary.
Michelle
The first in the Alpha Force series, not to be confused with J.D Tyler's Alph Pack, I actually quite liked this one. It was a quick read, the characters were likeable and the plot, although predictable at points, held my interest to the end.
Martina
Also, das Buch war wirklich besser, als ich erwartet hatte, nachdem ich gesehen habe, dass es in der "Nocturne"-Reihe erschienen ist, hatte ich eher Schund erwartet, aber es war wirklich ein netter Zeitvertreib.
Rinou
Très court et plutôt banal malgré la localisation inhabituelle (Alaska). Je trouve le côté loup-garou peu exploité, et j'ai des doutes sur le long terme du couple.
Mykake
Quick read. What I like is that it is part of a series so even though it was quick I can still read more of the ongoing conflict and related characters.
Elaine
This was really better than I expected from a Harlequin romance. I hadn't read any since the formula books in the 80's I guess things have changed :)
Cindy
To continue the movie metaphor - this is still a movie-of-the-week but it was filmed on location in Alaska...
Jacquelyn
He is job is to uncover the truth behind a series of explosions, and she is in his way smart and cute.....
Deanna
This was an ok book. It needed a little more meat to it.
Cynthia (aka Artemis)
Made it to page 80 or so. Just not my kind of read.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Alpha Force
Erdahs
WTF did I just read?
Ann Unger
loved it!
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Jennie
Jennie marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
  • The Wolven (Harlequin Nocturne, #101) (The Keepers Trilogy #3)
  • The Shifters (The Keepers Trilogy #2)
  • Dance Of The Wolf (The Pack, #8)
  • The Truth about Vampires (Sons of Midnight, #1)
  • Angel Slayer (Of Angels and Demons #1)
  • Vampire Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs, #3)
  • Vampire Vendetta (Vampire, #2)
  • Scions: Revelation (Scions, #3)
  • The Covert Wolf
  • Taken
  • Blood Calls (The Calling, #6)
  • Poisoned Kisses  (Mythica #3)
  • Renegade Angel
  • Vacation with a Vampire...and Other Immortals (Harlequin Nocturne, #115)
Linda O. Johnston's first published fiction appeared in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine and won the Robert L. Fish Memorial Award for Best First Mystery Short Story of the Year. Since then, Linda has had more short stories published, plus ten mysteries and eighteen romance novels.

Linda’s new Pet Rescue Mystery series for Berkley Prime Crime is a spinoff from her successful Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-...more
More about Linda O. Johnston...
Sit, Stay, Slay (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #1) Beaglemania (Pet Rescue Mystery, #1) Nothing to Fear But Ferrets (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-sitter Mystery, #2) Alpha Wolf (Alpha Force, #2) (Harlequin Nocturne, #56) Fine-Feathered Death (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-sitter Mystery, #3)