Drop Dead Beautiful (Lucky Santangelo, #6)

Drop Dead Beautiful (Lucky Santangelo #6)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  2,951 ratings  ·  155 reviews
The bestselling author of Lovers & Players returns with her 25th fabulous novel and her most beloved character...Get ready for the scandalously scintillating read only Jackie Collins can deliver!
Lucky Santangelo is back with a vengeance--still every bit as strong, sexy, and seductive as ever! But Lucky is older and wiser, and hot to reclaim her power position in Las Ve...more
Published June 26th 2007 by St. Martin's Press (first published January 1st 2007)

Something Borrowed by Emily GiffinCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaConfessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaTwilight by Stephenie MeyerBridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
Chick Lit for the Beach
226th out of 883 books — 1,391 voters
Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine BooBeautiful Child by Torey L. HaydenThe Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel SimonMorality for Beautiful Girls by Alexander McCall SmithMy Beautiful Broken Shell by Carol Hamblet Adams
Beautiful Titles
11th out of 12 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Christina
Jun 25, 2008 Christina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: jackie collins fans
I love the Lucky Santangelo series by jackie collins, so I picked this up at the library since it was the next in the series and it's been at least five years since the last one was out.

really good, except it did get a bit annoying how often the past books kept being brought up, but I think that could help for someone who hasn't ever read any book in this series.

as usual, she had a kick ass surprise ending with lots of twists! :)
Minty McBunny
I heard Jackie Collins on the NPR recently & realized I hadn't checked in with her in several years. She was a favorite of mine in late high school and college, I thought I'd see what Lucky Santagelo was up to these days.

All I can assume is that Jackie Collins is laying by the pool, fanning herself with money and dictating bad stories into her dictaphone to keep milking the cash cow that is Lucky Santangelo.

This one was not as horrible as Confessions of a Wild Child which was just embarrass...more
Nikki Nielsen
Drop Dead Beautiful is based on the Santangelos, a wealthy Italian family living in LA. I love the Italian aura of Godfathers, tradition, and spicy meatballs :)

Jackie Collins can hold ones attention, but this is not a book I would recommend to my fellow readers unless they are in the mood for a shallow 'eye for an eye' Hollywood story.
Ilene
2.5 stars...

Venus is with Billy. Lennie & Lucky are still strong and Alex is still fascinated with her. Maria goes by Max and u trying to lose her virginity with a guy she meets online who is if course not who he says he is. Gino is turning 95 and everyone is coming in for the celebration.

Never go meet someone that you met online. Thank goodness for Ace. He seems like a really, really good guy. Max is definitely Lucky's daughter but she still isn't Lucky. Her valley girl talk is driving me N...more
Kara Jorges
Nobody writes better stories about rich, famous people than Jackie Collins. In the sixth book in her Lucky Santangelo series, she shows she’s still on top. No whiny chick-lit about life at the bottom of the ladder even comes close. Though I like her books that start with characters before they’re rich and famous more than the ones that start with the money and power already in place, after the first couple chapters are done gushing about how rich and famous everyone is, I get in my Jackie groove...more
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
What can I say!!?? Jackie Collins is my naughty delight to read!!! I always love her vivid rich spoiled characters! "Drop Dead Beautiful" did not disappoint! I was immediately drawn into the Santangelo family drama again. Even though I am not reading the books in order, I was glad that I read the first book in the series "Chances" first because it gave me a small background on some of the characters. This book in particular though can be read as a stand alone. But I still recommend reading "Chan...more
Emily
There was a point, maybe 100 pages in, where I swore if I saw the words "totally," "major," or "way" again I was going to throw the book out the window. As in "he has a like [totally, major, or way:] hot bod." However, I kept reading because as annoyed as I was I really wanted to know what happened to the characters (who all had stripper names like Chyna, Lucky, Venus, Cookie, and so on.) I would give this book a solid 2 stars because I couldn't put it down, but it was like reading a trashy soap...more
Allyssa grace potts
The book has very many settings in it. It kind of jumps around, from a small cabin in the woods to big hotel in Las vegas. The mood of the book changes a lot. The setting mostly took place in hollywood, but it jumps around to each character’s life.

Max is one of the characters in the story and she is the daughter of lucky and lennie. Max is a round character, she is also dynamic. She had changed throughout the story when the man who kidnapped her took her out to the cabin and didnt let her go. L...more
April Shepherd
Great summer book , not a masterpiece but very engaging :-)
Amanda
Whoa. That was an unexpected ending. I was slightly dissatisfied with the end though, but it was fine. The book was really entertaining, but like the other Jackie Collins novel I read, it was not really anything more. It's like watching a TV show like Gossip Girl or 91201, you don't gain anything from it and you sort of forget about it over time. In a few months I will probably only vaguely remember what happened in this book and just say "Yeah... I read that... it was okay I guess."
Despite the...more
Vette32
This book was...not good. Like most reviewers have mentioned, I didn't care for ANY of the characters and got tired of the constant praise for the Santangelo family. The plot wasn't even stimulating. Another Bonatti(gasp) wants revenge on the Santangelos. This plot has been done to death now. The other plot revolving around Max (hate that name) wasn't even interesting. She spent exactly one whole weekend being "kidnapped" and then back to usual family life. Lennie was reduced to Lucky's "Yes Man...more
Georgina
I was at the library the other day and came across Drop Dead Beautiful by Jackie Collins. I always look for Jackie Collins if I want an easy going book filled with luxury, the rich and famous and Hollywood. This book is part of the Lucky Santangelo series and while I have not read the previous books it was easy to get into the story line due to Jackie Collins making many references to the previous books throughout. The book was pretty fast paced, fill with lots of different characters, without t...more
Susan Adair
I enjoy Jackie Collins books as some light reading but this book took me months to finish because I found I didn't like any of the characters and I was sick of hearing how amazing the Santangelo family were. I also found that the story was strangely unfinished but am unsure as to how I would have expected it to end.

The only reason I went back to reading this book was because my tablet (which I usual read on) needed to be charged and I had some time to do some reading.

I still like Collins and l...more
Kristine
I liked this book. The only problem that I had was that it was the last book in the series but inside the cover it said it was the first so when I was half way through, I went to the library to get the next one only to find there wasn't another. All of the covers of the Jackie Collins books said different orders. When I go to the library I use those listing to get the next book so it was upsetting to learn that I just finished the series in the first book I read. It was a good book that jump aro...more
Alaina Hulvey
Pretty good book. Typical Jackie Collins novel...sex, deception, glamour, action, and murder. Ah the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Lol! The book was a little repetitive at times, but half way through I realized I was glued to it. I've only read two Jackie Collins books now and I will say they are a guilty pleasure. The only problem I have with them is, that there always seems to be one story line that seems unnecessary until the end. Then those characters seem to help tie up the other (bett...more
Jennifer Margeson
Definitely not up to par with previous books in the series. Debating now whether to read the next or just let this series go...
Vivien
Lucky Santangelo a long time Las Vegas star has come back with more pizzazz. Lucky is not a teenager anymore she is grown-up and intelligent, and prepared to maintain her place in Las Vegas. On the other hand, a fatal rival is now out for her. He thinks he has his second chance to revenge, to take everything from Lucky, her money, her family, mainly her life. He knows his chance in revenging on Lucky is one out of one-million. He decides to take one of her prize possessions. Will this thing that...more
Lynann Barr
Written in third person omniscient, this book chronicles the main character's, Lucky Santangelo, brand new Las Vegas hotel opening. With so many different people trying to sabotage the grand opening of The Keys for so many different reasons, Lucky faces challenge after challenge posed by her daughter, secret enemies from her past, 'frenimies', and age old family enemies. Collins also throws in other antidotes of love and sex, which gives the book a whole other element of sexy and interesting.
Virginia Markhart
Pretty predictable for a Jackie Collins. She is so into sex and cheating men. Wow. Very good story line. I like all the subplots. The line about her daughter Max being kidnapped by an internet predator was totally unbelievable. I did like the entire story about the opening of her new hotel in Vegas and the plot by the Bonnati family to bring it down. Some of the lines where pretty um...forced and just didn't work for me.
Shelleen Toland
# 6 of the Lucky series. Seems like Lucky's daughter is going to be a handful and then she meets up with the wrong guy. Meanwhile her mom's casino is getting ready to open. While Lucky's enemy wants to destroy her.
Melissa
On audio. Jackie Collins, what can I say? Nice entertaining listen. Her characters are awesome and everyone gets what they deserve in the end. The recording did bother me at first because the narrator was a very deep-voiced man, which I thought was a little incongruous, but after a while it didn't bother me. None of the characters bear any resemblance to people I actually know.
Tamarind
I've been reading Jackie Collins' books longer than I care to admit. It is one of my favorite guilty pleasures! Jackie has tamed as she's gotten older, so her books aren't quite as explicit as they used to be. This book is the most recent of the Santangelo saga, which I have loved, and it didn't disappoint. It's definitely not rocket science, but it is a great quick summer read!!
Nicole Jade
What a disappointment this was.

Lucky and Lennie and Max...asshole child, asshole parents.

Billy and Venus...so Coop cleans up and she leaves and becomes a hypocrite. She'll lay Bobby for sure for an ego boost

Bonatti bullshit I don't care

Alex and Ling... Pathetic

And Lucky is still in the clear, ugh

Ace and Gino for their 15 page maximum appearance were the best part
Michelle Tremblett
Loved this book,Jackie Collins keeps you turning the page. I love that all her books tie together with references from other books yet you can pick up any of her books at any time and jump right in without have read any others. Drop dead beautiful is about the Santangelo family,very rich, very powerful, always hunted, always an adventure with this family. must read
Joy
At the beginning of the story I was getting lost with all of the names of people being introduced. However I was finally able to understand all of the connections amongst the characters. Overall a good story and want to read more by this author.
Frances
I didn't expect a lot from this book. Just wanted a light read in between heavier subjects. I was not disappointed -- definitely light reading that you can do while watching tv! I didn't finish the book completely - left the last chapter or two unread because I wasn't patient enought to get through the whole book.
Athena Braun
I love to read about Lucky! I give this a four though because compared to the other stories it was not as intense..Still a good read. Max, Lucky's daughter wants to meet a boy she has met on the internet, Lucky is opening a new casino in Vegas, Gino is having a birthday this is pretty much the book the rest is just filler....
Jessica
Have to admit, this was a lazy/slow read at first. It finally picked up after 100 pages. But you can always expect a nice, beach read about Lucky Santangelo and her wonderful family. What I like most about this was the ending, everyone got their fair share. I just wished Gino got into some of the action with the Bonnatti's
Pansy
I have not read a Jackie Collins book in so long, but the audio was at the library and I said, "Why not"? It wasn't bad. I mean for Jackie Collins. Lucky Santangelo,family and friends are still together and trying to rule the world. It passed the time away while I was driving and I might listening to the book.
Alisa
I can't believe that I'm admitting that I'm reading this, but I am. A guilty pleasure, but one that I'll probably give up after this one,because Jacki Collins' writing is really quite horrible...

Not even one of her best! The ending doesn't have any momentum and it left me with a big "so what."
Jackie Collins Fans: Drop Dead Beautiful 1 2 Nov 15, 2012 12:33AM
  • Firebird
  • Tempted
  • First Comes Love
  • Undone
  • Daddy's Girls
  • To Kiss a Spy (Kiss, #2)
  • Toxic Bachelors
  • The Seduction of an English Lady
  • Under Cover
  • Octavia
  • Adored
  • Desire (Notorious, #3)
  • EndWar (Tom Clancy's Endwar, #1)
  • Can't Get Enough
  • The Sunday List of Dreams
  • One Night with a Spy (Royal Four, #3)
  • Beaches II: I'll Be There
  • Till We Meet Again

There have been many imitators, but only Jackie Collins can tell you what really goes on in the fastest lane of all. From Beverly Hills bedrooms to a raunchy prowl along the streets of Hollywood; from glittering rock parties and concerts to stretch limos and the mansions of power brokers-Jackie Collins chronicles the real truth from the inside looking out.

Jackie Collins has been called a "raunchy...more
More about Jackie Collins...
Lucky (Lucky Santangelo, #2) Chances (Lucky Santangelo, #1) Hollywood Wives Poor Little Bitch Girl (Lucky Santangelo, #7) Lady Boss