Borders Bindings and Edges: The Art of Finishing Your Quilt

Borders Bindings and Edges: The Art of Finishing Your Quilt

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The ultimate reference guide for quilt borders and finishes!
Published August 1st 2004 by C&T Publishing, Inc. (first published May 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Borders Bindings and Edges, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Borders Bindings and Edges

JayeL
Jun 05, 2009 JayeL rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: quilt
I admire Sally Collins precision work a lot and her latest book is another that I purchased with birthday money. It is called Borders Bindings Edges. First, there are excellent pictures of Collins’ quilts, but include other artist’s work as well. This is a book about techniques. Collins believes that precision piecing is important and this book thoroughly explains how create different types of borders, including mitered corners. She also discusses bindings (thus the title) and has lengthy discus...more
Nonnie
THIS IS A GO TO BOOK... If your quilt lacks spark or you want to make your quilt special this book gives you great ideas and techniques. Ms Collins uses more than special fabric to make her quilts special, she uses techniques and specialized border treatments to make the quilts special.

I have been using her binding technique in my last quilt after I screwed up the binding on my best quilt. I am currently re-doing the binding application on my best quilt.

NONNIE,

Catherine Woodman
This is an area of quilting where I have alot to learn and would like to focus on this as I get back into quilting--but not immediately, because I think they are alot of work without people (except other quilters) realizing just how much work it is.
Kathryn
She has great tips and suggestions, but I haven't used it all that much.
Annabelledaffodil
Annabelledaffodil marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Maria Sconfienza
Maria Sconfienza marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Margie
Margie marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2013
Pamela
Pamela added it
Aug 17, 2013
Josie
Josie marked it as to-read
May 22, 2013
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
May 19, 2013
Sandy H
Sandy H marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Feb 12, 2012
Marjon
Marjon added it
Mar 31, 2012
Drafting for the Creative Quilter Oxford Handbook of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Mastering Precision Piecing: 7 Spectacular Quilts with Techniques for Success The Art of Machine Piecing: How to Achieve Quality Workmanship Through a Colorful Journey Happiness Is Owning a Laundromat: An Introduction to the Coin Laundry Industry