Latex Monkey with Banana

Latex Monkey with Banana

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Published November 21st 2002 by 21st Century Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Latex Monkey with Banana, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Latex Monkey with Banana

Vince
This book is a wild thriller. Sharkey Doremino has two things on his mind playing sax and having sex. Bits of his past intertwine with just about every criminal activity known to man going on around him propeling him into a murder mystery or 10. Characters drop like flys and Sharkey gets in deeper and deeper. The book has more twists and turns than your average detective story and it makes for an enjoyable read. For me the most enjoyable part of the book is that there is not to many redeemable c...more
Jessica
If you can get past the mildly cheesy nature of this latino noir novel, it is really very interesting and worth reading. It is a story incorporating different Hispanic cultures, drug trading, human trading and of course a love story. I was skeptical at first so I was pleasantly surprised when this turned into a book I could not put down and finished in one day.
M.L.
I received this book free through Goodreads First Reads. I entered the drawing because I loved the quirky title! I had no idea what to expect but I found that Latex Monkey with Bananas was a fun read. It moved along at a fast pace and was a great mystery story. Sharkey is a musician that has a problem - everyone around him keeps getting dead! Following the roller coaster ride that he goes on trying to figure out who is killing all his friends is wild! Add to that the cast of characters and this...more
Destiny Esper
*** First Reads winner from Goodreads ***

So, I loved this book. It's a bit cheesy and stereotypical at some points, but I think it's thrilling and provocative in all the right ways. What I liked most about the book was the cultural twist thrown in there. If you're familiar with various Latino/a communities, it's easy to catch on to a lot of things. I really liked it.
Andd Becker
This well-written Latino noir book is populated with a cast of unforgettable characters, each contributing to the cultural setting. The book is a character study of a man whose lifestyle and life goals are well-defined.
The author succeeds in alternating present tense narration with past tense accounts.
I received this book free through the goodreads FIRST READS program.
Tammy Hanson
Tammy Hanson marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Stephanie Cook
Stephanie Cook marked it as to-read
Isis
Isis marked it as to-read
Alina Vincent
Alina Vincent marked it as to-read
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Csimplot
Csimplot marked it as to-read
Deja
Deja marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013
Meridy Jenkins
Meridy Jenkins marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2012
Mitzi
Mitzi marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2012
Danielle Joy
Danielle Joy marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2012
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2012
Normita
Normita marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2012
Jordyn
Jordyn marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
Malyssa Latta
Malyssa Latta marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2012
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Brittini Guerrero
Brittini Guerrero marked it as to-read
Charity
Charity marked it as to-read
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2012
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2012
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Joanne hale
Joanne hale marked it as to-read
Leteia
Leteia marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »