Spirit Storm (Spirit Guide, #2)

Spirit Storm (Spirit Guide #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  189 ratings  ·  51 reviews
Spirits of the Dead are coming... Yuki is about to face an army of lost souls on Samhain, the night of Halloween, when the spirits of the dead roam free. Yuki will need all the help she can get from her friends, but will Calvin be there for her when she needs him the most?
Published January 1st 2011 by Sacred Oaks Press (first published December 13th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Spirit Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spirit Storm

Entwined by Heather DixonWither by Lauren DeStefanoUnearthly by Cynthia HandAcross the Universe by Beth RevisDarkest Mercy by Melissa Marr
Beautiful Book Covers of 2011
94th out of 638 books — 4,238 voters
Fallen by Lauren KateTorment by Lauren KateHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickRed Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-CartwrightPassion by Lauren Kate
Gothy Book Covers
8th out of 349 books — 537 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristen
GENRE: YA Paranormal Romance
THEME: Ghost, Werewolves and Magic
RECEIVED: Copy from Author
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
The second in the Spirit Guide series, Spirit Storm just stole my heart with the storyline. I enjoyed this one better than She Smells the Dead because the plot in this one was fantastic and I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. Spirit Storm picks up right where the 1st book left off and starts off with a bang in the beginning, Yuki is about to steal something from...more
Tanya Wires
I enjoyed this second book in E.J.'s series. I just really enjoy the characters...everyone has such a different personality. I could read about these characters for a long time and hopefully E.J. keeps writing about them as they grow together with all their gifts. I also enjoyed all the explanations about Samhain and the traditions. I really did not know a whole lot behind Halloween and what it meant...now I do. I'd like to see one of the characters have a happy ending....no names to spoil thoug...more
Katy
Sep 06, 2013 Katy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of YA paranormal fiction, Urban Fantasy
Recommended to Katy by: E.J. Stevens
Shelves: ebook
Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: Young Adult
Recommended for: Fans of YA fiction, esp. paranormal and urban fantasy, those interested in ghosts and spirits.

My Thoughts: In this second book in the Spirit Guide series, after She Smells the Dead, Yuki works to prepare herself for the spirit storm that will accompany Samhain. To complicate matters, someone appears to be hunting werewolves.

One of the things I like about this series is it is fairly realistic (within certain definitions of...more
Jennifer (Books That Spark)
Spirit Storm is the second instalment in the Spirit Guide book series by E. J. Stevens. This Young Adult Paranormal series follows the adventures of protagonist Yuki and friends as they attempt to cope with a lot of supernatural happenings.

Spirit Storm, alike to it's predecessor She Smells the Dead, is told from the first person perspective of Yuki. Yuki is a strong protagonist whom is both entertaining and believable. She has a gift and it's not necessarily one she loves; she can smell the dead...more
Laurie
Yuki is back in the eagerly awaited Spirit Guide series. With great friends surrounding and supporting her, Yuki still has to deal with snide putdowns from some snooty highschool classmates, but she manages stay true to her own unique self even under duress. I enjoyed her attire choices in the first book and once again found myself grinning and mentally picturing her get-ups in this book. Her clothing accessories, while odd, make perfect sense, once she explains.

This is another “feel-good” read...more
TheBookAddictedGirl
4½ Out of 5 Stars
Yuki is special: she can smell the dead. She is also running out of time. Samhain is fast approaching – as is the storm of spirits it will bring with it. Yuki needs to find a way to get through the night. Preferably with her sanity. To make everything worse, a murderer is out there – a murderer who seems to be targeting werewolves. And then, just when Yuki is starting to think that her life cannot get any better, a disaster strikes. And still, time is running out. On the bright...more
Gigi777
In the world of the paranormal, the imagination reigns supreme. Populated by mysterious supernatural beings, and mortals possessing extraordinary powers, Spirit Storm by E.J. Stevens, is an enchanting tale that transports the reader to an intriguing realm of spirits, werewolves and murder. This is the second installment of her fascinating Spirit Guide Series.

Yuki is a High School Senior with a unique psychic awareness. SHE SMELLS THE DEAD. Actually, they come in the form of “smell impressions”...more
Robert Duperre
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

It looks like my newfound love of paranormal romance will continue, and I can pretty much blame it on one of my new favorite authors, E.J. Stevens.

A couple months ago, when I read She Smells the Dead, the first book in her series, I wrote that the innocent and almost ideal aspects of the relationships between the characters appealed to me the most. It reminded me of my own youth – actually, reminded me how lacking in sincerity my own youth was – and left me grinning by the en...more
Melissa
Yuki and friends are back in this second installment of the Spirit Guide series. With the spirit storm approaching, Yuki and her friends have their hands full, but when a member of Calvin's pack is murdered and another disappears, Yuki and the gang have no choice, but to investigate. Hoping at the same time they can prepare Yuki for the upcoming onslaught of spirits.

I love this series. This is the second book in the Spirit Guide series and it looks like there are more to come. (I can't wait!) I...more
Avery
Well E.J. Stevens has done it again! Written a book which instantly hooks the reader and reels them in. Again, Yuki is a really intriguing character, Cal is swoon-worthy, and the tempo of the book is very fast paced, keeping the reader on the edge of their seat the entire time. What is even better about this book than its predecessor is that the secondary characters, Emma and Simon, make such a profound impact upon us. Their bantering back and forth was so entertaining and truly the cherry on to...more
Loves To Dive
Spirit Storm is the second book in E.J. Stevens’ Spirit Guide Series and it just keeps getting better. Yuki, Cal, Emma and Simon are back with their weird mixture of gifts and problems. When the book opens it’s October 30 in Salem Massachusetts and Yuki is getting ready to break into an occult shop run by witches. We go back to October 20th in Maine to find out how this strange event has come about. Yuki and Cal are in the parking lot of school when Cal receives a picture on his cell phone from...more
Chrissy
Dec 02, 2010 Chrissy marked it as to-read
LOVE the cover!! Can't wait to see what's next for Yuki and Calvin!
Tamela Quijas
In a fortnight, Samhain and the approaching full moon will turn the world upside down for young Yuki and her adventurous group of friends. Knowing the deadline has been set for the world, Yuki has to strengthen her shields to battle the hordes of spirits that will wreak havoc. She's all set, and her intrepid pals are ready to back her, when one of the members is found horribly murdered. There's more than a few spirits to deal with, especially when they begin hunting down the members of Yuki's el...more
I read She Smells the Dead and Spirit Storm together. My review is my thoughts after reading both books. This is the same review that I put for She Smells the Dead.

Being a teenager can suck. Being a teenager with paranormal gifts can really suck. Yuki is a Senior in high school who has an uncanny sense of smell. She smells the dead. That’s right she senses ghosts through scent. That alone makes this series interesting.

In these first two books Yuki is learning about her spirit gifts. Her best fr...more
Jill
E.J.'s done it again! Yuki, Cal, Simon, and Emma are at it again. Lot's of new developments in this story and it made it more and more entertaining. This is a superb edition to the spirit series! The ending went in a direction I never imagined and I cannot wait for the next one. I shall be waiting with baited breath.
Mechele
"Spirit Storm" is the 2nd book in the Spirit Guide series. I love the way this book picks up exactly where the 1st one left off. Stevens is an excellent story teller. Very hard to put down. I read this book in one sitting. It is enchanting and very entertaining. I Loved It!
Nancy
Love this series, I can't wait till the next book comes out. I love the storyline and characters. Yuki reminds me of myself when I was in high school. E.J. Stevens is an excellent writer always leaving you wanting more.
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Originally reviewed by Rabid Reads: http://www.rabidreads.com/2011/06/review-spirit-storm-by-e-j-stevens.html

Spirit Storm starts off at a great pace and it thankfully picks-up right where the previous book left off. The dynamics between Yuki's group of friends was so well-written that I felt like one of the clique. I didn't enjoy this book as much as She Smells The Dead but only by a small margin. I was dying to find out what finally happens on Samhain but unfortunately I had to wait until the e...more
Heather
This is the second book in E.J. Stevens' Spirit Guide series and it's even better than She Smells The Dead. Yuki is such a great character. She's not your typical Goth girl. She smells the imprints of the dead. And she's in love with a werewolf who is also her best friend. Oh and he's the Alpha of the pack. And she's got an outspoken militant vegan female best friend, Emma.

And she's got the best assortment of boots I've ever read about in the history of YA. Oh, and she loves Cal Miller. She says...more
Amber
Spirit Storm is the second novel in the Spirit Guide series. All of the wonderfully quirky characters from She Smells the Dead return: Yuki, Calvin, Emma, and Simon. The first novel ended with a cliffhanger, so the reader already had an idea of what Yuki and her friends would be facing next.

Yuki receives smell impressions from the dead. There is just something about her that attracts the spirits to her and the smell impression of any given spirit will not go away until she helps it find peace s...more
Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club)
Spirit Storm picks up right where She Smells the Dead left off. Yuki is trying hard to figure out a way to save herself on Samhain when the spirits will be flooding in. While trying to figure out how to deal with that, Cal finds out there is a killer wolf on the loose and its killing other wolfs. The book is fast paced and there really is never a dull moment. Cal is really filling in his alpha roll and I can not wait to see how much he grows into that. Already he is amazing.

Simon and Emma where...more
Jessica
I received this e-book from the author for review

E.J. Stevens' Spirit Storm was a good followup to She Smells the Dead. Samhain is drawing closer and Yuki is getting a little nervous, Samhain is when the dead walk the earth meaning more spirits will be visiting her. She wants to find a way to protect herself from the onslaught of spirits, but that's going to involve research.

That's not all though! There's also a werewolf killer on the loose and Yuki is worried for Cal since he is a werewolf, and...more
Sally
I'm loving this series!
Spirit Storm is an exciting mixture of the threat of a werewolf murderer on the loose (which the gang need to track down before he can harm anyone else), and the approaching danger of Samhain- where the veil between the spirit world is at it's thinnest and therefore Yuki is most in danger of being completely overwhelmed. Her endurance is tested at the funeral of the murdered werewolf boy, where just being in a graveyard Yuki is bombarded with smell impressions, images, and...more
Jessica Rodriguez
I have to say I'm really enjoying this series. In book two Yuki is still this super adorable goth girl except now she has become more in tune with her abilities to smell the dead. With Samhain fastly approaching she is going to have to find a way to protect herself. Calvin and Yuki are still together in this one and are adjusting well together. Calvin is now the Alpha of his pack and trying hard to make some great changes within the pack. I loved his way of taking charge of the pack he seemed mo...more
Michael
Yuki isn't a typical high school student living in Maine. She senses and smells the spirits of the dead. She is worried that on Samhain, the night of Halloween, the dead will be free to roam and she isn't sure how she'll deal with it.

Calvin Miller, Yuki's boyfriend, is the Alpha, the leader of a pack of werewolves. He and his subordinate, Simon, are attempting to find who recently killed a werewolf. They want to prevent further killing.

Thinking that she has an idea that will help, Yuki stops at...more
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Rating: A strong 3.5
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Mystery, Romance
Series: Spirit Guide
Next book in series: Legend of Witchtrot Road (October 2011)

**Review**

Spirit Storm is the sequel to She Smells the Dead by E.J Stevens. The story is told in the POV of Vanessa Stennings, better known as Yuki to her friends and family. Spirit Storm picks up shortly after She Smells the Dead left off.

In summary for those who might be thinking about reading this series. Yuki has the ability to smell the dead. In the prev...more
Stacy
reviewed by http://urbanfantasyinvestigations.blo...

The SPIRIT STORM picks right up after SHE SMELLS THE DEAD ends. I'm so glad I got both books at the same time so I didn't have to wait to read what happened after all the lead up to the event. There is lots of mystery, suspense and action. Yuki has a lot on her plate, she has to worry about Samhain, help her injured boyfriend, look for clues to who is murdering members of Calvin's pack. Yuki is a strong character with a great group of friends b...more
Shannon Baas
Interesting book. It's about a teenager, her friend, boyfriend and another man. The boyfriend and man are werewolves. It details what is happening to them around Halloween. The boyfriend is seriously injured and it describes the rituals that she must go through to get him to survive. I would recommend this to anyone who likes this type of book.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I adore this series. It is so much fun to read. All the characters are completely loveable and real and I love the bond they all share with one another. E.J. Stevens is an amazing writer! I can't wait to read the next in the series.
Ashley
I just love the Spirit Guide series! Each novel just keeps getting better and better! I love Cal's and Yuki's relationship, and Simon has become one of my absolute favorite characters of all time.
  • Somber Island
  • Those Who Fight Monsters: Tales of Occult Detectives
  • The Horror of Gaad Grey, The Evil Alpha Werewolf (The Cries of Vampira, #1)
  • Nightwolves Coalition (The Nightwolves, #1)
  • Predators of Darkness (Darkness Series #1)
  • Thin Air (Thin Air Saga, #1)
  • Black Dog and Rebel Rose
  • Dante's Journey
  • Flaming Dove
  • Ferryman
  • Temptation (The Soul Collection, #1)
  • In the Forests of the Night (Goblin Wars, #2)
  • The Well
  • Night of the Loving Dead (Pepper Martin #4)
  • House Trap
  • Shadow of the Hawk (Wereworld, #3)
  • Manchester House
  • Winterborne (Universe Unbound #1)
E.J. Stevens writes poetry, urban fantasy, and young adult paranormal novels. E.J. is the author of the young adult paranormal SPIRIT GUIDE series (SHE SMELLS THE DEAD, SPIRIT STORM, LEGEND OF WITCHTROT ROAD, BRUSH WITH DEATH, THE PIRATE CURSE), the IVY GRANGER urban fantasy series (SHADOW SIGHT, BLOOD AND MISTLETOE, GHOST LIGHT, CLUB NEXUS, BURNING BRIGHT), and the HUNTERS' GUILD urban fantasy se...more
More about E.J. Stevens...
She Smells the Dead (Spirit Guide, #1) Shadow Sight (Ivy Granger, #1) Ghost Light (Ivy Granger, #2) Legend of Witchtrot Road (Spirit Guide, #3) Blood and Mistletoe (Ivy Granger, #1.5)

“Let the spirits guide you, but never let them take you.” 57 likes
“Emma was doing something nice for Simon? Hell must be enjoying the snow day.” 21 likes