Start by marking “Systems of Psychotherapy: A Transtheoretical Analysis” as Want to Read:
Systems of Psychotherapy: A Transtheoretical Analysis

Systems of Psychotherapy: A Transtheoretical Analysis

Systematic and balanced, this comprehensive text uses a wealth of clinical case illustrations to help readers understand a wide variety of psychotherapies including psychoanalytic, psychodynamic, existential, person-centered, experiential, interpersonal, exposure, behavioral, cognitive, systemic, multicultural, and integrative. The Sixth Edition thoroughly analyzes 15 lead ...more
Published March 1st 2006 by Thomson Brooks/Cole (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Systems of Psychotherapy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Systems of Psychotherapy

Andrea
Jun 19, 2009 Andrea rated it really liked it
I know a textbook right? This is the only textbook that I read cover to cover and found it fascinating. I didn't know how many systems of Psychotherapy there are. They all have good points for different reasons except Feminist Therapy which is whack.
Farshad
Jan 13, 2016 Farshad rated it really liked it
برای ورود به دنیای روان درمانی کتاب مناسبی است
K
Jan 11, 2009 K rated it really liked it
Shelves: professionallit
I haven't finished teaching the course yet, but I think I can review the book at this point. My students found this text convoluted and cumbersome to read, but that may say more about their skills than about the book itself as their academic backgrounds are weak, by and large. Personally, I found this text thorough and informative. I'm not sure I would have organized the chapter sections the same way they did -- I wasn't crazy about the way they broke up the "Therapeutic Content" sections, altho ...more
Robert
Sep 11, 2013 Robert rated it it was ok
Shelves: school
Kinda disappointing for a $200+ book. At first I was excited - it looked like a great idea. But after a few chapters I realized that the first and intro chapters contained the whole learning of the book, and I don't think I got much out of anything else. The chapters were mostly a more in-depth review of the theories of psychotherapy that I was already fairly well versed in. I think a better volume is Duncan et al.'s 2010 work: The Heart and Soul of Change - much more new research and insight.
S
Natalie
Feb 21, 2008 Natalie rated it really liked it
Shelves: psych
Very balanced, interesting presentation of not only the theories and techniques of psychotherapy, but one that delved into the personal life and background of the major theorists. I liked the biographical aspect the most.
Iso Cambia
Mar 03, 2012 Iso Cambia added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Iso by: Hadsell
I am using this predominantly for a chapter on gender- and culture-sensitive therapies.
Synnove
Jul 27, 2010 Synnove rated it really liked it
Shelves: psych-reference
Yes, I read an entire textbook on my own time. I don't really know what I'm talking about in the Land of Psych quite yet, but this book seems to be a good survey of therapies.
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2011
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
Aug 14, 2016
Danclegg
Danclegg rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2014
Michele Wood
Michele Wood rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2015
Tara
Tara rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2015
George G Davis
George G Davis rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2015
George
George rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2013
Rupinder Bains
Rupinder Bains rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2013
Sarah rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2011
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2011
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2014
Nahal
Nahal rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2014
Stephanie Phillips
Stephanie Phillips rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2016
David F.
David F. rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2014
Justin
Justin rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2013
Dru
Dru rated it it was ok
Sep 18, 2007
Harmony Courtney
Harmony Courtney rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2011
Elham
Elham rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2013
Lyndsay Deaver
Lyndsay Deaver rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Jennifer Wolff
Jennifer Wolff rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Tracy G
Tracy G rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2014