Start by marking “The Tenth Power (The Chanters of Tremaris, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Tenth Power (The Chanters of Tremaris, #3)

The Tenth Power (The Chanters of Tremaris #3)

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  4,340 Ratings  ·  148 Reviews
Kate Constable's magnificent musical trilogy reaches its high note as Calwyn returns to Antaris and discovers the true Singer of All Songs.
At the beginning of THE SINGER OF ALL SONGS, Calwyn fled Antaris with Darrow to defeat the ambitious chanter Samis. In THE TENTH POWER, she comes back to the mountains in hopes of rejuvenating her lost powers of chantment. But Samis's m
Published March 1st 2006 by Arthur A. Levine Books (first published March 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Tenth Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tenth Power

Keturah and Lord Death by Martine LeavittSummers at Castle Auburn by Sharon ShinnThe Seer and the Sword by Victoria HanleyFire and Hemlock by Diana Wynne JonesThe Hollow Kingdom by Clare B. Dunkle
Hidden Gems: YA-Fantasy Novels
155th out of 1,586 books — 3,484 voters
Lord of the Fading Lands by C.L. WilsonPoison Study by Maria V. SnyderWarprize by Elizabeth VaughanLady of Light and Shadows by C.L. WilsonThe Golden Dynasty by Kristen Ashley
Fantasy Romance
99th out of 447 books — 690 voters

More lists with this book...

Jun 25, 2007 Amielle rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone from about ten to fifteen
This is definately the best book of the trilogy. Constable has gotten to know her characters since the last book, and knows what's going on.
Calwyn has to save Tremaris, she's known this since the first book, but now it's time to do it. Though, she has a problem: no powers.
The book goes on to show that even though Calwyn has lost her powers, she can still help, she's still going to be strong, and she's not going to let it get in the way of her stopping the loss of everyone's powers.
Nov 16, 2007 katie rated it it was amazing
The absolutely PERFECT ending!
May 13, 2009 Sheri rated it it was ok
Feb 25, 2008 J.Elle rated it it was ok
This was the third of a trilogy and my least favorite of the three. By the end of the quest and the novel, I realized I'd been duped into reading an impassioned trilogy in support of a mother earth run by a female god. I was not amused. I don't plan to read anything else by this author as she has shown herself to be so unscrupulous in her opinion promotions.
Jun 30, 2008 Becky rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Naomi
This was a fabulous end to this wonderfully written and exciting trilogy. I'm glad I ran across this book while perusing Lansing's library shelves. Kate Constable has created some very wonderful and lovable characters. As you read you really feel like you know the characters and can feel their joy and their pain. By the way, I loved Halasaa! Oh, and Scout, and everyone else. See, I loved the characters.
Feb 10, 2011 Clairez rated it it was amazing
I love, love, LOVE this series, and I don't even know why, because it isn't exactly my type of reading. I found the first of The Chanters of Tremaris books when browsing my school library one day, and was hooked. I couldn't get to the next ones fast enough. Then I couldn't order my own copies fast enough. Anyway, this was probably my favorite book of the series. They are all pretty well written. They have an interesting setting, a believable world created by the author that you want to go live i ...more
Feb 14, 2011 Debbie rated it really liked it
Overall a WONDERFUL series. If I could give a rating to the series as a whole it would be a 5. I loved that this series was able to bring in a cute little romance but not make it the main plot of the book. The story was exciting and enthralling...I think I finished the whole series in four days. :) I also loved the way this author used singing and dancing as the way to do magic. The ending was just beautiful and was very touching to me.

I highly recommend this book to those who would like to vis
Naomi Scarlett
Feb 21, 2016 Naomi Scarlett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who like's books set in another world
One of the best series I've read. I'm going to have to read it again (despite the fact that I've already read it three times) that's just how much I enjoyed it. You would think that having read the series three times I wouldn't be able to enjoy reading it anymore, but I find myself enjoying the series even more every time i read it.
Apr 18, 2011 Jill rated it really liked it
What a finish! I was purely enteratained throught this entire sereis. There are a few more kisses in this book. I never did understand the Samis thing at the end. In the beginning I might have let a younger audience read his book, but by the end I would raise it up to more a teenager book mosty due to the relationship that develops (it's clean) and the age of the characters.
Jun 17, 2013 Louisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-reads
Love this book, like when they find out that they're twins, so good, and the healing of their land, and Cal sending the ship far, far away, must read The Taste of Lightning now!

*First Read January 1st 2011*
Great ending to a great series! Loved it!
Jul 15, 2014 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-fantasy

I was fascinated by this world, especially the characters. NEVER had I been so caught up in a book because of how the characters appealed to me. My favorite thing most of all was definitely Calwyn and Darrow, because I'm a sucker for romance...

When I got the ending to the book, the beginning caught and held me until the very last page. I think I read it in exactly one day. Nonetheless, I loved the ending - it was a tad cliche, I will say that, and there was one bit to it I didn't really understa
Jan 24, 2012 Audrey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked loved this book.
(view spoiler)
Neill Smith
Mar 11, 2012 Neill Smith rated it it was amazing
When Calwyn returns to Antaris she finds it changed drastically and she is at a loss to explain this to her traveling companions, Trout and Mica. Her path leads to her betrayal into the hands of Samis, redemption from the Tree People, and the struggle to find and develop her own powers. This is an amazing conclusion to the Chanters of Tremaris trilogy.
This is a fabulous conclusion to the trilogy!! This is the second time I read "The Chanters of Tremaris" trilogy, and I love it just as much, if not more than the first time I read it! This series will remain one of my all-time favorites!
Katherine Wade
Jun 14, 2012 Katherine Wade rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance
At last everything comes together; and we finally begin to understand...
I enjoyed every moment of reading this book. It was truly beautiful and it helped me to have a new understanding of the power of a singing voice.
The ending of this book was epic - and when I finally closed it... I felt refreshed and satisfied!!
Thank you Kate Constable for such an amazing series!!
May 27, 2012 Chloe rated it really liked it
This was an amazing book, what with Darrow and his sickness and how Calwyn gets her powers back and actually helps, and partially falls in love with Samis.
Jun 10, 2012 Sassy rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this ending to the trilogy. I love the slight sci-fi touch with the truth of the lost city. I thought that Calwyn's moments of weakness gave her depth and complexity as she reached the height of her powers.
Apr 17, 2015 Ally rated it liked it
Shelves: library-has-it
Yes. This is another book from my to-reads list. Another book off. After this review of The Tenth Power, I'm going to go back to reviewing some of NetGalley books (because I have some books on to-read). Fun stuff.

Let's dig in!

The Tenth Power is the third and final book of The Singer of All Songs. I have to say that cover is mesmerizing. There is something about the woman, the man, and the moon. Something mystical... Hmm... Okay! I'll stop musing over that book cover. I just want to say that it l
Shay Hardman
Aug 21, 2012 Shay Hardman rated it really liked it
The Tenth Power.... The last book to the Chanters of Tremaris Trilogy. This novel is just as wonderful and magical as the previous two, but with a few twists and turns to add a little spice to the story. In the final installment of this trilogy, there is sacrifice, love, sorrow, anger, and so much more. What else could you expect from a story where the magic of the land is dying, along with those who possess the power of song.

The characters have all grown so much in this book, their personaliti
This series is excellent. Recommended for young and old. The characters are wonderful, Calwin is a fantastic hero and the story is a rollicking good tale.
Oct 13, 2012 Jillian rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! So many things happen that you think will work out and then it all goes to pot... but it all works out in the end.

I loved the growth from the main characters and that I finally get some of that romance, but it's still really clean.

A perfect ending to a great trilogy. Thank you Constable!
Mar 02, 2013 Nishisun rated it really liked it
The Tenth Power was a very good book.It is a bit too sad but other than that I really liked it.I wish there was another book in this series!

Katherine Cowley
Feb 01, 2013 Katherine Cowley rated it really liked it
This last book of the Chanters of Tremaris trilogy is my favorite of the series and a strong conclusion. The main character really comes into her own, especially when she's forced to discover her own value and strength, even without magic.
Shilo Quetchenbach
Apr 20, 2013 Shilo Quetchenbach rated it it was amazing
A fabulously heart-wrenching and powerful conclusion to the trilogy chronicling the land of Tremaris. This entire book is so chock-full of emotion and action that reading it is like being tossed about on storm-swept waters, hurtling forward towards a conclusion that you cannot see, and that takes your breath away. I will admit that I cried. a lot. for the last few chapters.
Jun 08, 2013 Liann rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, magical
This really is the perfect ending to an amazing story. (:

(view spoiler)
Jun 22, 2013 Magali rated it it was amazing
I really don't know how to write this review. I was ready for this book, in some ways; I anticipated much of the ending and saw the logical end (or beginning!) of each character's arc and how it "should" go. On paper, this book was nothing truly special... yet somehow I was blown away.

The best metaphor I can think of is that it comes close to the Platonic form of "young adult coming of age fantasy story." There's nothing new here, it's all been done before, and yet Kate Constable makes the fami
Meredith Paloma
Jul 31, 2013 Meredith Paloma rated it it was amazing
I finished the entire trilogy in about two and a half hours... quick, exciting read -- amazing characters, an amazing story, and beautiful language. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who likes fantasy, poetry, or adventure. I was disappointed when the story ended, but it was well-crafted as an end to the trilogy.
Nov 04, 2013 Mona rated it it was amazing
Love this triology!! I actually skipped school when this book came out so I could buy it from the bookstore and spend all day reading it. Interesting plot and loveable characters. This book will take you on an amazing adventure in a world that is magically and beautiful.
Setting/World Building: 5/5
Main Character: 4/5
Other Characters: 4/5
Plot: 4/5
Writing: 5/5
Triggering/Issues: 4/5 (Random adultery-esque love triangle out of nowhere)

AVERAGED TOTAL: 4.3 out of 5, rounded to 4.

There's something about either these books, or the author, that manages to somehow wrap me up in the awesome plot, but also interject random things that just irritate the heck out of me and have no reason for being there. This book definitely did that. A good 85% of it or so was just a grea
  • In the Coils of the Snake (The Hollow Kingdom Trilogy, #3)
  • The Truth-Teller's Tale (Safe-Keepers, #2)
  • The Light of the Oracle (Healer and Seer, #3)
  • The Singing (The Books of Pellinor, #4)
  • Dronningens Tåre (Historien om Mira, #2)
  • Fire Arrow (The Songs of Eirren, #2)
  • The Shamer's Signet (The Shamer Chronicles, #2)
  • The Edge on the Sword
  • Mørket sænker sig  (Jarastavens vandring, #5)
  • Rise of a Hero (The Farsala Trilogy, #2)
  • Wolf Queen (Claidi Journals, #3)
Kate Constable was born in Sangringham, Melborne (Victoria, Australia). When she was six-years-old, her family moved to Papua New Guinea where her father worked as a pilot.

Constable got her Arts/Law degree at Melborne University, then got a job at Warner Music. She started writing during these years.

She wrote several short-stories before becoming an author and after her first attempt at writing
More about Kate Constable...

The Chanters of Tremaris (3 books)
  • The Singer of All Songs (The Chanters of Tremaris, #1)
  • The Waterless Sea (The Chanters of Tremaris, #2)