Start by marking “Bride in a Gilded Cage” as Want to Read:
Bride in a Gilded Cage

Bride in a Gilded Cage (Rafael and Rico #1)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  334 ratings  ·  25 reviews

The tango is an Argentinean dance of possession and passion...and that's exactly how aristocrat Rafael Romero intends his convenient marriage to teacher Isobel will be. First he will take her as his bride. Then he'll lead her to the marriage bed, where he'll make her his.
Isobel may have no choice but to give her hand to Rafael in matrimony, yet she intends to stay as free...more
Published October 1st 2010 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Bride in a Gilded Cage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bride in a Gilded Cage

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
I love how Abby Green incorporated tango into this book so thoroughly. I love dancing, so that hooked me instantly. Tango helps to bring Isobel and Rafael together, it builds a bridge, and provides a pathway for the expression for the passion and pain in their relationship. Just for this alone, I would give this a four star rating. I also loved Rafael's point of view. Although Isobel saw him as cold, hard, ruthless and unethical, with no desire or ability to love her the way she wanted, I could...more
Booklover
It was okay read,i disliked Rafeal-Isobel,their relationship lacked everything Trust,Understanding and Communication,both of them hurted each other and humiliated each other,Isobel pushing Rafael away,slapping him and jumping to conclusions about him and Rafael he has been in love and engaged with another woman Ana Perez but she left him and now he does'nt wants to make himself weak and vulnerable again so he had made these thick walls around him but he constantly keeps comparing what he felt fo...more
Claire
Notes to self:
1. Forgettable read: Marriage of Convenience between tango instructor and businessman, both belonging to aristo class in Argentina. H demeans heroine to behave/dress properly in light of ongoing business negotiations.

2. Impalpable chemistry. To give him credit though, he didn't force her to conjugal rights asap. But for a grown man to be so moved by a kiss with an 18 yr old that two and half years later, he suddenly becomes celebate is creepy.

3. Tango as leitmotif falls short. Be...more
Fiona Marsden
Mar 19, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Latin lover fanciers
Recommended to Fiona by: Part of series
The tango is a dance which requires two partners moving in relation to each other, sometimes in tandem, sometimes in opposition. Abby Green has taken this theme and placed her hero Rafael and the heroine Isabella into the dance. It seems right from the first that the opposition aspect of the dance dominates the relationship of these two people thrust into a marriage of convenience. Rafael grew on me as time went on. I really disliked him at first meeting as he seemed to be the stereotypical alph...more
Angel Cullen
Jenny
The chemistry was intense and all but the heroine was so annoying and got on my nerves like constantly. The hero was super awesome, protective and an honorable man but poor guy was a doormat. Sweet epilogue!
Leona
ok...not one of my favorites by this author. This is one where I actually liked the H better than the h....
Onu
I enjoyed reading this book. It made me want to learn Tango. :)

Though I must admit that there was nothing extra ordinary about the book. Cliched plot and cliched characters. But surprisingly, it was extremely well written. It held my interest. We have a yummy Latin American hero, Rafael who gradually grew on me. I found myself attracted to him since the first page. I found him intriguing. And I was completely sold when I learned that he also knew how to Tango.

I hated the heroine, Isobel. I sho...more
Love_doped
i've read 4 books from this author and i ike this the best... mainly because unlike the other it did not reveal around heroine getting pregnant and hero being "honourable"! it was a nice change/
although i hate how every book from this author resembles the other. its like reading the same book with different names and set ups- the hero is distant, playboy and a billionaire... the heroine is a fragile little thing being nonchalant to the hero to stop herself from falling on her knees infront of hi...more
Aswathy
its one time read.... Not bad for a short novel but it missed some essentials here and there... atleast it had great flow unlike some other books I read recently... Isobel's and Rafael's chemistry could have been better. ..
Ayu Wirdha
Ga suka dgn karakter Isobel, keras kepala bgt. Jelas2 dia yg butuh loh, krn ortunya terlibat hutang. Rafael sendiri ga terlalu arogan, berusaha bgt mengerti keadaan dan nyenengin Isobel. Jadi pengen getok itu Isobel.
Wifda
The storyline about a bride being in a gilded cage is not that strong at all for me. Incorporating tango within the story is a great idea but still not enough for me.
Sherry Li
I love how the author incorporated tango in their romance.
HÜLYA
Bu ayki harlequin high lifeler gerilim üzerine kurguluydu.
Modesty_b
the story is good... but i got frustrated with only few side characters and the heroine protesting a little too much...
Amanda Sheila
Short story with nice angst. Quite enjoyed it, because I always love this kind of story. You know, the hero misunderstand the heroine and realized it then beg for her forgiveness. Aaw.
Okay, I think I'm going to read the other of Abby Green's books. ;)
Jane(Janelba)
Loved this book set in Argentina. Amazing h/H characters with lots of hidden surprises along the way.
Tia
Read this a few years back and thought it was just average. 3 stars.
Marina Andreou
Mageytiko!!!!Latreyw ta vivlia me moysiki kai xoro...
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Bride on Approval
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Bride on Approval
Kathi
Kathi added it
Oct 18, 2014
Mariana
Mariana is currently reading it
Oct 20, 2014
Suadk88
Suadk88 marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
  • Behind the Palace Walls
  • The Innocent's Surrender
  • A Vow of Obligation (Marriage By Command #3)
  • Raffaele: Taming His Tempestuous Virgin (Orisini Brothers, #1)
  • The Andreou Marriage Arrangement
  • For Duty's Sake (Royal Brides, #9)
  • Beauty and the Greek
  • Wedlocked: Banished Sheikh, Untouched Queen (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #1)
  • The Demetrios Virgin
  • A  Royal World Apart (Call of Duty, #1)
  • A Night of Living Dangerously (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • Undone by His Touch
  • The Man Who Risked it All
  • One Night...Nine Month Scandal (Modern Romance)
Abby Green spent her teens reading Mills & Boon romances. She then spent many years working in the Film and TV industry as an Assistant Director. One day while standing outside an actor's trailer in the rain, she thought: "there has to be more than this". So she sent off a partial to Mills & Boon. After numerous rewrites, they accepted her first book and an author was born. She was nominat...more
More about Abby Green...
Ruthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded (Innocent Wives #2) The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1) The Virgin's Secret (Harlequin Presents, #2932) The Restless Billionaire (Bad Blood #3) Forgiven but not Forgotten?