Start by marking “Dead Reckoning” as Want to Read:
Dead Reckoning

Dead Reckoning

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  642 ratings  ·  89 reviews
Trapped by a nuclear terrorist plot in Mumbai!
Published March 1st 2010 by Abingdon Press (first published December 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Reckoning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Reckoning

Remind me never to end up as a character in a Ronie Kendig novel! Danger and intrigue lurk around every corner and just when you think safety is in sight, the hammer of heartache drops again, hurtling Shiloh Blake deeper into jeopardy. Then there is Reece Jaxon...okay, on second thoughts maybe I do want to be in her books, after all ;-)

Brilliantly executed in every way, Ronie Kendig has a winner on her hands with her debut novel, Dead Reckoning. The non stop action, fuelled by Shiloh's spirited
MaryLu Tyndall
I just finished this book a couple nights ago and it is a fantastic roller coaster ride! Wozie! This is Ronie Kendig's first published book but it isn't her last. My very own publisher scooped her up last year and gave her a contract for 3 more books! Ronie writes what I would call Modern suspence espionage romantic thrillers! How's that for a mouthfull? Anyway, I found her style of writing very unique. Very sharp, quick and to the point. Her characters will impact you and make you laugh and cry ...more
Mar 15, 2010 Molly rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Molly by: FIRST
I definitely LOVED this book! It is a suspenseful Christian thriller/mystery book, that had me on the edge of my seat from page one. It was a page turner, for sure! I love the style of writing that Ronie Kendig uses...she adds humor with all the mystery and page turning suspense, really making this a "jump out and capture me" kind of book. I also love the fact that she used God throughout the whole book, not just a little of Him in the beginning or at the end, but through the whole book. Wonderf ...more
Ronie Kendig's debut is as good as her most recent release!! :-D Now that I have read Dead Reckoning, I can officially say that each book by Kendig is a winner and immediately goes onto my favorites shelf after I finish them!

The character development with both Reece and Shiloh was great -- very crisp, sharp, and realistic. Both come from hard backgrounds, so any reader should be able to relate in some way to the struggles they face during Dead Reckoning.

There's a bit of violence. The book deals
Wow, I've heard good things about Ronie Kendig and after reading this book...I can confirm that they are true! This book was awesome and I had a hard time putting it down.

I love a strong female leader character and Shiloh fills the role perfectly. Plus, can you really go wrong with a hansome ex-Navy SEAL as her romantic interest? The plot was fast-paced and intriguing, the setting was described in great detail and you could cut the suspense with a knife.

Suspense fiction is one of my favorite g
Robin Caroll
This book is a fast paced, action driven thriller that had me flipping pages. The author created such amazing characters that they stuck with me long after the book was finished. For a wild and exciting journey into the world of espionage with characters who'll become your friends, don't miss this debut novel.
I have never really been a reader of suspense fiction, it just wasn't that interesting to me until I discovered author, Ronie Kendig. I first read her second release, Nightshade a few weeks ago and I LOVED it! She kindly offered to send me a copy of her debut novel Dead Reckoning and I finished it on one day, staying up till the wee hours of the morning.

From the first page I was hooked! Being a lover of history I've always had a respect for and interest in archaeology so it was easy for me to l
Mar 12, 2011 Julie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Julie by: Ronie Kendig
It's her debut novel, however Ronie Kendig does not disappoint! This was not the first novel by Ronie that I read (I have read Nightshade and Digitalis by her previously). I loved this book as much as her others.

Shiloh is a girl surrounded by her father. Afterall, he watched her mother die and is quite possibly the cause of her death. Shiloh spends her time with her best friend, Khalid, and they love deep sea diving. It's not until they are on an archeological diving dig that sh
Nora St Laurent
I was thankful to receive a review copy of Ronie Kendig’s debut novel which bursts on the scene overflowing with action and drama right from the start. The first half of this adventure is jam packed with high-speed car and motorcycle chases, explosions and military drama, I felt I was holding my breath and dodging bullets along with Shiloh. She’s a young girl who’s clueless as to why her world is turned upside down. Will she survive one hour to the next? Who to trust? Shiloh really becomes unner ...more
Sheri Salatin
Shiloh Blake finds herself in the middle of an international nuclear arms clash. As a daughter of a top-notch CIA agent, she was trained to trust her senses. It is the only that has kept her alive after surviving an attack on her small diving boat and friends.
Now she's on the run and one of the men chasing her says that he is there to help her. Can she believe him? What is it about him that puts her on edge?

This book is an action-packed story. I absolutely LOVED it! I will definitely be reading
Bonnie Calhoun
Really loved this book. Wish the series had progressed. Shiloh was a great character with a lot of spunk and the international intrigue moved fast and remained compelling throughout.
Wow! Finished this book in hours and I LOVED it! It's fast paced and kept my complete attention from the beginning to the end. I haven't gotten that into a book or finished one that fast in months.
I'll certainly be keeping my eye out for some more books by Ronie Kendig. She has quickly become one of my very favorite authors.
Elizabeth Olmedo
Ronie Kendig shines with her debut novel Dead Reckoning. She seizes the reader from the beginning and doesn’t let go until the end, leading her audience through a labyrinth coated with lies and dangers. She expertly keeps the reader flipping through the pages anxious to learn what follows. Though God and faith play a part in the novel, Kendig is never preachy.

Kendig could have offered more details and provided a bit more closure in a couple areas that affect Blake’s personal relationships, but r
Kendig's debut novel blew me away! This is no light weight story, and I for one was glad. Even at the end I still did not want to part with this novel and its' characters. Dead Reckoning will draw you in and have you speeding through the pages. In fact reading this novel is like watching an action, suspense, romance movie.

Thrilling story, engaging characters - all the way around, a well written novel. Kendig knows how to balanced a story. One in which you don't feel as if you are reading about
Wow this was an intense book!
Tons of action and adventure.

The romance was so good!
I loved to plot and the different twist's.

I cant wait to read more by Ronie Kendig!
Shiloh is an American scuba diver who is on a dive affiliated with her college science team. On the dive with her best friend, there is a murder on the boat above the water. They use their gear to get themselves to a safe place and run. She is in the middle of India with different groups of people following her. Do they want to hurt her, get what she recovered at the dive site or are they the legitimate police just wanting to question her? She finally encounters a green beret operative who seems ...more
Nike Chillemi
A fun and thrilling read. I questioned some of the CIA prodecures as far as believablility. Liked the main character a lot.
I think Kendig writes a great story! I loved this story. Three beefs. One, I really wondered why (view spoiler) ...more
I love this book. I can now say that I have read everything I can find by this author.
Christine Wright
Totally fun! A real page turner. I highly recommend this author!!
I liked "Nightshade" by this same author, but I was terribly disappointed with this novel. First, her excessive use of figurative language was distracting and sometimes even confusing. (She had shirts escorting people around, and people never just looked or smiled at someone but, "Her gaze tiptoed around his" and "his smile swam toward her.")

Second, the female romantic lead was very slow to figure anything out, very proud, thought she knew more than the professionals and tried outwit them (even
I downloaded Dead Reckoning onto my kindle as a free book. The genre was listed as Christian fiction so I was a little surprised to find that it was a mystery based on international espionage. It was actually pretty good. I liked the spunky main character Shiloh Blake. Her life was a mystery at the beginning of the book that was slowly unraveled through the course of events. I liked the fast pace, the setting and the characters.

The book did have a few weak points, the story would be rolling alon
Author: Ronie Kendig
Publisher: Abingdon Press
March 2010
ISBN: 978-1-4267-0058-3
Genre: Inspirational/suspense

Shiloh Blake is an underwater archeologist graduate student on a dive in the waters outside of Mumbai, India. She unearthed a lamp in a site and is hopeful that she might have uncovered an under water city. But when she goes back down, her partners in the program are shot. One fatally, the other saved only by Shiloh’s quick actions.

Reece Jaxon is a former Navy SEAL and
Beth - ;)
After reading Ms.Kendig's Discarded Heroes series I wanted to read anything else she had written so went looking and found this, her first book. It took a while but I finally managed to get it on my kindle app. :)

Although I did give it five stars there were some holes in the story, but they did not take away from the story itself. Shiloh is an underwater archaeologist who finds herself way over her head when she becomes embroiled in a terrorist plot. She is diving in India when the rest of her
I enjoyed this book from the start it had enough mystery in it to keep me reading and searching for answers.

One of my favorite quotes was: "We can't control when bad things happen. That's not up to us. God can take the imploding mess of our lives and turn it around."

Dead Reckoning is about an underwater archeologist Shiloh Blake who is on her first large scale archeological dig. While underwater, one of her teammates is shot and killed and her partner, Khalid, is severely injured. Suddenly Shil
Dead Reckoning is about underwater archeologist Shiloh Blake who is on her first large scale archeological dig. While underwater, one of her teammates is shot and killed and her partner, Khalid, is severely injured. Suddenly Shiloh finds herself in the middle of an international nuclear arms conflict. She escapes, only to be followed by a mysterious man. Is he good? Or bad? And how is he always one step ahead of her?

Meet Reece Jaxon, former Navy SEAL turned spy. His mission is threatened by Shil
This was one of the first books I acquired for my Kindle. It sounded interesting and it was a cheap buy. The only downside is that I'm not going to get the last six hours back.

Shiloh Blake is an auburn-haired beauty running from her past. She's prideful and has no religion because daddy dearest made her lose her faith. On a scuba diving expedition in India, Shiloh is suddenly thrust into an international chess match of spies which forces her to face her past and find love. Except it's not that s
Lori Twichell
Ronie Kendig’s outing into the world of international intrigue and mystery is fast paced, adventurous and has just enough romance to keep everything spinning quite nicely. Shiloh Blake is a stubborn character with enough flaws that we all can empathize. As she tries to figure out her feelings for Khalid and save everyone’s lives (including her own) the story takes us on a variety of twists and turns that keep everyone guessing.

The settings were rich and beautifully described. Kendig definitely h
Noodle TheNaughtyNightOwl
Having spent a fair bit on eBooks recently to try out my new Tablet, I decided it was time for a freebie, so picked up this one via The Frugal eReader on Kindle App. I never quite know what to expect with a free eBook, so was pleasantly surprised with this pick.

We follow Shiloh Blake, an underwater archaeologist, who gets caught up in a murderous espionage plot. She is helped out by Reece Jaxon, a covert CIA operative based in India. Together they unravel a deadly mystery, whilst fighting for th
  • Lie Down in Green Pastures (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #3)
  • Diagnosis Death (Prescription for Trouble, #3)
  • Eye of the God
  • When the Devil Whistles
  • Highland Blessings (Highlands #1)
  • Saving Hope (Men of the Texas Rangers #1)
  • Through the Fire
  • The Dead Saint
  • Sweet Baklava
  • Valeria's Cross
  • Surrender the Wind
  • Accused (Pacific Coast Justice, #1)
  • Deliver Us from Evil
  • Betrayed
  • A Kiss of Adventure (Treasures of the Heart #1)
  • They Almost Always Come Home
  • Design on a Crime (A Deadly Décor Mystery, #1)
  • Gone to Green (Green #1)
Ronie Kendig is an award-winning, bestselling author who grew up an Army brat. She married her own hunky hero, who’s an Army veteran. After twenty-plus years of marriage, she and her husband have a full life with four children and two dogs. Ronie’s degree in psychology has helped her pen novels of raw, broken characters. Since launching onto the publishing scene, Ronie’s Rapid-Fire Fiction has hit ...more
More about Ronie Kendig...

“God can take the imploding mess of our lives and turn it around.” 4 likes