Start by marking “Buddha Mind, Buddha Body: Walking Toward Enlightenment” as Want to Read:
Buddha Mind, Buddha Body: Walking Toward Enlightenment

Buddha Mind, Buddha Body: Walking Toward Enlightenment

Buddha Mind, Buddha Body" expands uponathe themes inaThich Nhat HanhOCOsabook "Understanding Our Mind." It opens with the question: Is free will possible? This concept becomes a leitmotif as the authoraconsiders how the mind functions and how we can work with it to cultivate more freedom and understanding, how to be in closer touch with reality, and how to create the condi ...more
Published March 1st 2009 by Parallax Press (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Buddha Mind, Buddha Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buddha Mind, Buddha Body

Christine Beevis Trickett
Sep 06, 2015 Christine Beevis Trickett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
So much here to absorb...Only beginning to scratch the surface of what he writes about. Learning to live more mindfully, with more compassion, gratitude and presence. We all have the Buddha within us and can walk in his footsteps. We can all live as though every moment is a miracle

The concepts of non-self and inter-being are probably the ones I'm most struggling with, in my western-educated mind...
Steve
Jul 26, 2010 Steve rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here's my review from Wildmind:

Thich Nhat Hanh’s Buddha Mind, Buddha Body: Walking Toward Enlightenment offers instructions on dwelling in the body and mind, on metta (or universal lovingkindness), and on Thich Nhat Hanh’s distinctive teaching on “interbeing.” The book includes–as bookends, teachings on walking meditation–but many other practices are discussed in between. The book is in fact quite a collection of Dharma teachings.

Buddha Mind, Buddha Body is based on The Verses on the Characteris
Gnuvolante
La saggezza orientale sta nella semplicità e nell'applicabilità dei concetti espressi a tutti gli ambiti della vita e questa opera traspira saggezza orientale, ed il linguaggio con il quale è scritto è così diretto e allo stesso tempo illuminante che farne una recensione, anche una semplice sinossi, diventa difficile, infatti io non credo di essere in grado di fare tanto; è la forza della semplicità, non è facile riassumere qualcosa che è già così semplice e diretto.

I concetti accademici affront
Ashley
Dec 11, 2016 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I once read a review of another book by Thich Nhat Hanh that claimed that, although the book was beautiful and helpful, most books by Thay were, in essence, the same ideas repackaged over and over again. I would argue that that is NOT the case with this book. Buddha Mind, Buddha Body delves much deeper than any others I have read by Thay into Buddhist psychology. As usual, Thay writes with poetic language and expresses advanced concepts with apt metaphors that make it easier for the lay person t ...more
Tushar
Aug 06, 2012 Tushar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, my 2nd read on this topic and some more morals learnt, the religion unlike others turns out to be more practical and real. Waiting for my next book ie Confessions of a buddhist atheist which will further set the course of my study on this amazing topic.
Dona
Jun 10, 2010 Dona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thich Nhat Hanh deserves the many accolades that he receives. This book delivered what its blurb promised. "Buddha Mind, Buddha Body emphasizes the importance of creativity, visualization, and meditation, and offers concrete exercises to improve mental clarity and restore our mind/body harmony."
Srijal Sahu
Jun 21, 2016 Srijal Sahu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wisdom is inside you. All you gotta do is look in. The concepts of the book are difficult to understand for someone who hasn't stepped in spirituality yet. But once you start understanding what thich Nath Hanh is up to, you will just be mesmerized.
Belle
Aug 01, 2008 Belle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is really engaging and really got me interested in the ideas of Buddhism. Thich Nhat Hanh seems like a great teacher who is very thoughtful. The ideas and metaphors are completely fascinating and make you consider things in a way that you probably never would have otherwise.
Mike Lawrance
be mindful every moment
Walter Burton
Jun 01, 2015 Walter Burton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great follow up to Understanding the Mind. Provides summary of concept and application to follow.
Msattana
Pencerahan sejati
Darmendra
step by step to peaceful
Marianne
Jun 21, 2015 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wave metaphor is the most compelling concept so far.
Jay M
Jan 27, 2014 Jay M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really great book that teaches one self on how to be mindful and to live in the moment. I did find some content a bit too in depth.
Nugra Sattana
Menuju pencerahan hidup sejati
T.
Mar 06, 2014 T. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddhist-books
The concepts in this book are a little more difficult than in some of Thay's other books, but they are presented in his usual clear manner. Excellent dharma reading for improving one's practice.
Sumanth Ƀharadwaj
I am no one to speak on this. I feel bad for having rated it... the word Magnanimous comes to mind...
Andrea
I never actually finished it, but I was sick of it lingering in my "currently reading" shelf since I've moved on.
Rashmi
Rashmi rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Das
Das rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2010
Aurora
Aurora rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2014
Dsw
Dsw rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Federico Fonseca
Federico Fonseca rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Vincent
Vincent rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2009
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Emily Jorgenson
Emily Jorgenson rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Danny Dubbaneh
Danny Dubbaneh rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2016
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2017
Chiazotam
Chiazotam rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2010
Agatha Glowacki
Agatha Glowacki rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
  • Pay Attention, for Goodness' Sake: Practicing the Perfections of the Heart--The Buddhist Path of Kindness
  • Joyful Wisdom: Embracing Change and Finding Freedom
  • Awakening the Buddhist Heart: Integrating Love, Meaning, and Connection into Every Part of Your Life
  • Death: The Final Stage of Growth
  • A Gentle Path Through the Twelve Steps: The Classic Guide for All People in the Process of Recovery
  • Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn Retreat: Stillness Amidst the World
  • The Accidental Buddhist: Mindfulness, Enlightenment, and Sitting Still, American Style
  • A Heart as Wide as the World: Stories on the Path of Lovingkindness
  • The Faith to Doubt: Glimpses of Buddhist Uncertainty
  • Essence of the Dhammapada: The Buddha's Call to Nirvana
  • Inner Wisdom
  • Walking a Sacred Path: Rediscovering the Labyrinth
More about Thich Nhat Hanh...

“The secret of Buddhism is to remove all ideas, all concepts, in order for the truth to have a chance to penetrate, to reveal itself.” 214 likes