Start by marking “Buddha Mind, Buddha Body: Walking Toward Enlightenment” as Want to Read:
Buddha Mind, Buddha Body: Walking Toward Enlightenment

Buddha Mind, Buddha Body: Walking Toward Enlightenment

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  187 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Buddha Mind, Buddha Body expands upon the themes in Thich Nhat Hanh's book Understanding Our Mind. It opens with the question: Is free will possible? This concept becomes a leitmotif as the author considers how the mind functions and how we can work with it to cultivate more freedom and understanding, how to be in closer touch with reality, and how to create the conditions ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Parallax Press (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Buddha Mind, Buddha Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buddha Mind, Buddha Body

Steve
Here's my review from Wildmind:

Thich Nhat Hanh’s Buddha Mind, Buddha Body: Walking Toward Enlightenment offers instructions on dwelling in the body and mind, on metta (or universal lovingkindness), and on Thich Nhat Hanh’s distinctive teaching on “interbeing.” The book includes–as bookends, teachings on walking meditation–but many other practices are discussed in between. The book is in fact quite a collection of Dharma teachings.

Buddha Mind, Buddha Body is based on The Verses on the Characteris
Gnuvolante
La saggezza orientale sta nella semplicità e nell'applicabilità dei concetti espressi a tutti gli ambiti della vita e questa opera traspira saggezza orientale, ed il linguaggio con il quale è scritto è così diretto e allo stesso tempo illuminante che farne una recensione, anche una semplice sinossi, diventa difficile, infatti io non credo di essere in grado di fare tanto; è la forza della semplicità, non è facile riassumere qualcosa che è già così semplice e diretto.

I concetti accademici affront
T.
The concepts in this book are a little more difficult than in some of Thay's other books, but they are presented in his usual clear manner. Excellent dharma reading for improving one's practice.
Dona
Thich Nhat Hanh deserves the many accolades that he receives. This book delivered what its blurb promised. "Buddha Mind, Buddha Body emphasizes the importance of creativity, visualization, and meditation, and offers concrete exercises to improve mental clarity and restore our mind/body harmony."
Belle
This book is really engaging and really got me interested in the ideas of Buddhism. Thich Nhat Hanh seems like a great teacher who is very thoughtful. The ideas and metaphors are completely fascinating and make you consider things in a way that you probably never would have otherwise.
Tushar
Good, my 2nd read on this topic and some more morals learnt, the religion unlike others turns out to be more practical and real. Waiting for my next book ie Confessions of a buddhist atheist which will further set the course of my study on this amazing topic.
Jay M
Really great book that teaches one self on how to be mindful and to live in the moment. I did find some content a bit too in depth.
Andrea
I never actually finished it, but I was sick of it lingering in my "currently reading" shelf since I've moved on.
s s
I am no one to speak on this. I feel bad for having rated it... the word Magnanimous comes to mind...
Hollis
Reading 2nd time, didn't note date of first reading - wonderful again!
Nugra Sattana
Menuju pencerahan hidup sejati
Darmendra
step by step to peaceful
Msattana
Pencerahan sejati
Mekenna Marak
Mekenna Marak marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Jade
Jade marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Müge Kaltalıoğlu
Müge Kaltalıoğlu marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Terah Bolt
Terah Bolt marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Julie Kailher
Julie Kailher marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
H.A.
H.A. marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Akshay Salve
Akshay Salve marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Emily Carlin
Emily Carlin marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
  • Joyful Wisdom: Embracing Change and Finding Freedom
  • Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn Retreat: Stillness Amidst the World
  • A Heart as Wide as the World: Stories on the Path of Lovingkindness
  • A Gentle Path Through the Twelve Steps: The Classic Guide for All People in the Process of Recovery
  • Awake at Work: 35 Practical Buddhist Principles for Discovering Clarity and Balance in the Midst of Work's Chaos
  • Death: The Final Stage of Growth
  • The Accidental Buddhist: Mindfulness, Enlightenment, and Sitting Still, American Style
  • Awakening the Buddhist Heart: Integrating Love, Meaning, and Connection into Every Part of Your Life
  • One Dharma: The Emerging Western Buddhism
  • Yoga Body, Buddha Mind
  • Being Nobody, Going Nowhere: Meditations on the Buddhist Path
  • Buddha in Your Backpack: Everyday Buddhism for Teens
  • A Year to Live: How to Live This Year as If It Were Your Last
Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh is a global spiritual leader, poet and peace activist, revered throughout the world for his powerful teachings and bestselling writings on mindfulness and peace.

His key teaching is that, through mindfulness, we can learn to live happily in the present moment—the only way to truly develop peace, both in one’s self and in the world.

Thich Nhat Hanh has published over 100 ti
More about Thich Nhat Hanh...
Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation Living Buddha, Living Christ The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching: Transforming Suffering into Peace, Joy, and Liberation Being Peace

“The secret of Buddhism is to remove all ideas, all concepts, in order for the truth to have a chance to penetrate, to reveal itself.” 184 likes