Start by marking “Buddha Mind, Buddha Body: Walking Toward Enlightenment” as Want to Read:
Buddha Mind, Buddha Body: Walking Toward Enlightenment

Buddha Mind, Buddha Body: Walking Toward Enlightenment

Buddha Mind, Buddha Body expands upon the themes in Thich Nhat Hanh's book Understanding Our Mind. It opens with the question: Is free will possible? This concept becomes a leitmotif as the author considers how the mind functions and how we can work with it to cultivate more freedom and understanding, how to be in closer touch with reality, and how to create the conditions ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Parallax Press (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Buddha Mind, Buddha Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buddha Mind, Buddha Body

Christine Beevis Trickett
Sep 24, 2015 Christine Beevis Trickett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
So much here to absorb...Only beginning to scratch the surface of what he writes about. Learning to live more mindfully, with more compassion, gratitude and presence. We all have the Buddha within us and can walk in his footsteps. We can all live as though every moment is a miracle

The concepts of non-self and inter-being are probably the ones I'm most struggling with, in my western-educated mind...
Jul 26, 2010 Steve rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here's my review from Wildmind:

Thich Nhat Hanh’s Buddha Mind, Buddha Body: Walking Toward Enlightenment offers instructions on dwelling in the body and mind, on metta (or universal lovingkindness), and on Thich Nhat Hanh’s distinctive teaching on “interbeing.” The book includes–as bookends, teachings on walking meditation–but many other practices are discussed in between. The book is in fact quite a collection of Dharma teachings.

Buddha Mind, Buddha Body is based on The Verses on the Characteris
La saggezza orientale sta nella semplicità e nell'applicabilità dei concetti espressi a tutti gli ambiti della vita e questa opera traspira saggezza orientale, ed il linguaggio con il quale è scritto è così diretto e allo stesso tempo illuminante che farne una recensione, anche una semplice sinossi, diventa difficile, infatti io non credo di essere in grado di fare tanto; è la forza della semplicità, non è facile riassumere qualcosa che è già così semplice e diretto.

I concetti accademici affront
Srijal Sahu
Jun 21, 2016 Srijal Sahu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wisdom is inside you. All you gotta do is look in. The concepts of the book are difficult to understand for someone who hasn't stepped in spirituality yet. But once you start understanding what thich Nath Hanh is up to, you will just be mesmerized.
Mar 13, 2014 T. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddhist-books
The concepts in this book are a little more difficult than in some of Thay's other books, but they are presented in his usual clear manner. Excellent dharma reading for improving one's practice.
Jul 14, 2015 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wave metaphor is the most compelling concept so far.
Jun 10, 2010 Dona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thich Nhat Hanh deserves the many accolades that he receives. This book delivered what its blurb promised. "Buddha Mind, Buddha Body emphasizes the importance of creativity, visualization, and meditation, and offers concrete exercises to improve mental clarity and restore our mind/body harmony."
Aug 09, 2008 Belle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is really engaging and really got me interested in the ideas of Buddhism. Thich Nhat Hanh seems like a great teacher who is very thoughtful. The ideas and metaphors are completely fascinating and make you consider things in a way that you probably never would have otherwise.
Aug 06, 2012 Tushar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, my 2nd read on this topic and some more morals learnt, the religion unlike others turns out to be more practical and real. Waiting for my next book ie Confessions of a buddhist atheist which will further set the course of my study on this amazing topic.
Jay M
Mar 08, 2014 Jay M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really great book that teaches one self on how to be mindful and to live in the moment. I did find some content a bit too in depth.
Walter Burton
Jul 12, 2015 Walter Burton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great follow up to Understanding the Mind. Provides summary of concept and application to follow.
Santosh Ujjankopp
Walking Meditation!
I never actually finished it, but I was sick of it lingering in my "currently reading" shelf since I've moved on.
Sumanth Ƀharadwaj
I am no one to speak on this. I feel bad for having rated it... the word Magnanimous comes to mind...
Mar 17, 2013 Hollis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading 2nd time, didn't note date of first reading - wonderful again!
Nugra Sattana
Menuju pencerahan hidup sejati
Mike Lawrance
be mindful every moment
step by step to peaceful
Pencerahan sejati
Kerry marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2016
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2016
LQ marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2016
Leigh marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2016
Vera marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Shirley marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Cass marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
John marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
ashish  khandare
ashish khandare marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Emily Jorgenson
Emily Jorgenson rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2016
  • Pay Attention, for Goodness' Sake: Practicing the Perfections of the Heart--The Buddhist Path of Kindness
  • Joyful Wisdom: Embracing Change and Finding Freedom
  • Awakening the Buddhist Heart: Integrating Love, Meaning, and Connection into Every Part of Your Life
  • Death: The Final Stage of Growth
  • A Gentle Path Through the Twelve Steps: The Classic Guide for All People in the Process of Recovery
  • Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn Retreat: Stillness Amidst the World
  • The Accidental Buddhist: Mindfulness, Enlightenment, and Sitting Still, American Style
  • A Heart as Wide as the World: Stories on the Path of Lovingkindness
  • The Faith to Doubt: Glimpses of Buddhist Uncertainty
  • Essence of the Dhammapada: The Buddha's Call to Nirvana
  • Inner Wisdom
  • Walking a Sacred Path: Rediscovering the Labyrinth
More about Thich Nhat Hanh...

“The secret of Buddhism is to remove all ideas, all concepts, in order for the truth to have a chance to penetrate, to reveal itself.” 208 likes