Infidelity Pact

Infidelity Pact

2.82 of 5 stars 2.82  ·  rating details  ·  286 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Four privileged but bored L.A. housewives each make a pact to have a year-long extramarital affair. Each others' husbands are declared off-limits and the friends agree to confide only in each other. As our ladies embark on perilous romantic paths, each woman is forced to face up to the truth of who she is and the choices that have brought her here.
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published June 26th 2007 by AudioGO (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Infidelity Pact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infidelity Pact

Sarra
Perhaps it was the format and because I was listening during my daily commute but I found it somewhat hard to follow all the characters and remember which wife and which husband and which lover belonged where.
This book had been on my "to read" list for a little while, so I finally decided to stop waiting to read it. I did read some of the reviews beforehand and I was forewarned when I saw that they weren't great. Still, the idea behind the book is a good one and I had high hopes. I will start by saying that what I disliked most was really the writing style itself. Ms. Karasyov writes like an amateur. Seriously, the writing was very child like, I thought. It wasn't necessarily the wording, as just how...more
Alexandra
This was a re read for me. As with most re reads, I liked this one better the first time I read it but it was still good the second time around

As you can tell from the title, it's about four friends who make an infidelity pact. They are fed up and frustrated with their respective marriages for a variety of reasons and one of them gets the brilliant idea that maybe if they take a year to experience other men (and/or women), it will make their marriages stronger. Yeah. Don't know how infidelity wi...more
I liked this book because it was an easy read with some slightly surprising happenings that wrap up the story. It starts slow and the characters include all the obligatory L.A. types, but it's great fluffy fun overall. And though it's a book about cheating, there isn't much focus on sex.
Meranda
Overall an interesting plot - 4 friends decide to embark on an "infidelity pact" for a year to spice up their lives. Well written but the plot was easy to figure out which for me made it easy to skim several pages. Slight twist at the very end but not too surprising.
Jhenn
I read this book during finals and I have to say that my Econ text book was much more interesting. The ending saved it from being a total waste of paper, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone ever.
Mindy
So I started this thinking it would an interesting read, but I didn't finish it. The truth is that three of the four women had good husbands and they just couldn't find it in themselves to be satisfied and try to make it work with them. One was so worried about screwing things up that she didn't try; another was too selfish to see that she had the makings for happily-ever-after in her grasp if she could just see outside herself for a moment; and another just had no good excuse. Victoria was the...more
Shelli
Mar 23, 2010 Shelli rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: fiction, read-in-2010
I chose this audio tape from the library because it was a bright pink spot amongst a slew of black/brown audio tapes. Never again will I pick a book based on its cover.

In "Desperate Housewives" fashion, four women make a pact to be unfaithful to their husbands and agree to tell each other everything regarding their secrets. In their flawed thinking, affairs only last if you can talk about them to someone other than your husband. A neighbor with a baby monitor overhears and records all of the det...more
Diana
Its a quick read. Nothing real deep but entertaining anyway. It a definite chick flick kind of book.
These wifes get bored with feeling unsexy and vow to cheat. The neighborhood gossip finds out and threatens to blackmail. The end was a little surprising but nothing to blow you away.
Good beach book. When you are bored and looking for a light gossip book.
Heather
I had a hard time with the concept of this book. So, while I was reading and being turned-off by the main characters, there was an additional annoying character in Anson Larrabee. However, I liked the writing style enough to stick with it. Even though I really couldn't relate to the main idea, the end was great.
Robin
This book was a fun book to read, and it was a lot deeper than I expected. Towards the end I did start to lose interest a little bit, and that is the only reason I give it four stars rather than five. I really enjoy this author's writing style, and the way she described her characters. Although I really didn't like Leelee or Victoria's characters (Leelee was too transparent, and Victoria was too bossy to her friends. Would actual women really put up with that?) I did appreciate certain aspects o...more
Clare
Ugh. What's next? Michael Vick is gonna write a book on how to make money on dog-fighting?

This book didn't need to be written, or read.

I gave up 3 chapters in.

The only question in my mind is whether or not I should still attend a book club meeting for a book I hated and deliberately didn't finish.
Melissa
On audio.
The only reason it got as high as it did was due to the ending. I liked the wrap-up and I didn't see it coming. But the rest of the book just never really caught my attention, and it seemed that there were several points in the story where the writing didn't hang together. One minute a character wasn't there, and the next she's part of the dialogue. What? I think I'll skip this author in the future.
Lyn Zuberbuhler
Occasionally I dip into current 'chic lit" to see what I am missing. Not much. However, this little book does draw the shallow, self-centred characters fairly well, and sets up a mystery of who killed the local gossip columnist.
A surprise ending? A bit. In the end, the "girls" husbands come to their rescues. How charming is that!
Christine
I lost interest a few times, put the book down and am still pushing to reach the ending. The beginning spends so much time describing the characters lives and relationships with their husbands that when the story line picked up I needed a break. I haven't lost my interest entirely, so I will finish and re-write a proper review.
Slim
Very entertaining page turner that quickly builds into the plot and keeps going to the end. Not meant for those who desire depth of character and developement of plot, this is meant for the busy working mom who still wants to keep their reading passions alive. It was like watching reality TV, its so bad that its good.
Kittygabe
Margarita
It was really pretty good. By the same author as "The Right Address", it was a (small) step above the usual. The inprobable, but highly entertaining, plot also concerned a bit of a murder mystery. What I liked best was the references to life in wealthy L.A.
Hilary
Chic lit about women who make a pact to cheat on their husbands (no, this is not a spoiler!), but everything works out OK in the end. Very few redeeming qualities, although it meant to be a hard-hitting critique of the hollywood lifestyle. Still, I enjoyed it.
Lundyn
It was alright, good for an entertaining read, I didn't like the ending at all. I had really high hopes for it but was disappointed. I wouldn't read it again but like I said, it killed some time when I needed something to do and was mildly entertaining.
Jessica Willimon
This book was ok. I had a really hard time getting into it. I don't know if it was because the books I had read before were just really good and would be hard to fallow, or if it just wasn't that good
Alicia
Jan 16, 2009 Alicia marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 25ish-in-2009
I have heard really mixed reviews but it seems like a really easy read, if I have a lazy Saturday afternoon and nothing better to do. I'll update my review after I actually read it and see how it turns out.
Tuyet
four women who make a pact to cheat on their husbands: definitely not a primer for the optimist in relationships. but surprisingly snappy and interesting ending. more like 3.5 stars. good light read.
Jenifer
This was a pretty entertaining book, in a fast read kind of way. I don't usually read books like this but I wanted something that was just a mindless fun read for a change.
Mikala Hill
Cheese. I'm ready to read a really great book that I can put down. Suggestions welcome! It doesn't have to be a masterpiece. Just fun to read from beginning to end!!!
Heidi Thorsen
Mediocre trashy novel. I wouldn't recommend it unless you really love the genre (since you're probably used to poor quality if you like trashy books. . .).
Margaux
Kind of slow during parts and other times I couldn't put it down! It does make u think about your life a little and I kind of enjoyed how it all turned out!
Lori
I thought this would be an interesting concept. It ended up a pretty easy/good read, liked the twist at the end also. Great read for summer time.
JLDzerens
Eh... it was decent... quick read... lacked substance... I like chick-lit books but ones that have some message or depth to them...
Marie
I just started this one so I can't say much about it. so far it is reading very smart, not a simple chick lit book that's for sure.
  • Four Wives
  • Dangerous Admissions: Secrets of a Closet Sleuth (Closet Sleuth #1)
  • Bride Island
  • Smart Girls Like Me
  • The Botox Diaries
  • The Second Virginity of Suzy Green
  • Secret Confessions of the Applewood PTA
  • You'll Never Nanny in This Town Again: The True Adventures of a Hollywood Nanny
  • My Little Red Book
  • The Accidental Virgin
  • Otherwise Engaged
  • Fifteen Minutes of Shame
Carrie Doyle Karasyov was born in New York City. Upon graduation from Barnard College, where she majored in Russian Language and Literature, Carrie worked in the features department of Harper's Bazaar. In 1995, Carrie moved to Moscow, Russia, to help launch the Russian edition of Harper's Bazaar. The following year, she became founding Editor-in-Chief of the Russian edition of Marie Claire. After...more
More about Carrie Karasyov...
The Right Address Wolves in Chic Clothing Bittersweet Sixteen Summer Intern Jet Set