Start by marking “Claymore, Vol. 17: The Claws of Memory (Claymore, #17)” as Want to Read:
Claymore, Vol. 17: The Claws of Memory (Claymore, #17)

Claymore, Vol. 17: The Claws of Memory (クレイモア / Claymore #17)

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  784 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Reads R to L (Japanese Style), for T+ audiences. The Claws of Memory With the balance of power broken after Isley's defeat by the ferocious Abyss Feeders, the Organization, central hub of the Claymores, deploys Alicia and Beth to the West to go after the renegade Riful. In turn, Riful continues her scheme to Awaken the remains of the powerful Rafaela. As these dire powers ...more
Published January 4th 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Claymore, Vol. 17, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claymore, Vol. 17

Mike
May 10, 2016 Mike rated it it was amazing
While volume 17 technically contains a complete "new" arc it is an immediate continuation of the last one and the series in general builds off all that has come before. This is not the place to start reading - go back to the beginning.

The Claws of Memory (complete: parts 1-6) follows the major power shift at the end of The Lamentation of the Earth and features the intersection of many of the remaining players, and a new danger that might be greater than them all. The developments here are intens
Karissa
Jan 24, 2015 Karissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 17th volume in the Claymore series. This book was much more cohesive than the previous books. There is a lot of action and the story makes some pretty awesome progress.

Everyone has headed to the West. The Abyss Feeders along with Beth and Alicia are determined to take out Riful. Meanwhile Clare and her crew are also heading in that direction. Things culminate when Rafaela/Luciela awaken into a creature more terrifying than anyone could have imagined.

I continue to really enjoy this se
Mandy Sickle
Claymore is a manga about Yoma who pretend to be human in order to kill and eat the humans. The Claymore are the hybrid of the two stronger faster but still human with the ability to slay the Yoma which they do for a price. They travel from village to village slaying Yoma with nothing but the sword on their back using the Yoma abilities but slowly turning into a monster that they hunt. When the time comes a Claymore will send a black card to another claymore to be slain before the Yoma takes ove ...more
machinaheart
Four to five stars for Claymore in general because ... SO MUCH! I guess individual volumes range from three to five, but at the moment I can't properly rate them individually because I ploughed through the manga re-reading a lot and just inhaling the newer volumes. I couldn't stop.
Super intriguing dystopia, mysteries over mysteries without getting less interesting, extremely creative body horror (ranging from beautifully other to horribly disgusting), carving your own path (sometimes, most often
MissAnnThrope
Ana Mardoll
Dec 01, 2012 Ana Mardoll rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ana-reviewed
Claymore, Vol. 17 / 978-1421537962

I'm a very devoted fan of both the Claymore anime and the manga. I love the crisp black-and-white artwork, and while I realize it's not for everyone I personally think it's a perfect style for graphic novels. I find the action easy to follow, and the faces and body language to be surprisingly emotive. The story is complex and compelling, and I'm all in until the series finally finishes. I own this volume as a Nook Book e-book, and I assume it will shortly be por
Ryan Viergutz
Dec 20, 2013 Ryan Viergutz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: epic-fantasy
I've read all the volumes of Claymore up to here. The 18th is on my TBR and the 19th is held at the library. As you likely imagine from me saying so, this series bloody RULES. At the core, it's about women warriors fighting body horror monsters, and it's executed very well.

I didn't want to spam my book list full of them, though, so I took the best one of the series so far to extol its virtues. The anime version continued to Volume 10-11, The Battle of the North, and while it was good, the manga
Roxana-Mălina Chirilă
Intense, with all sorts of factions and creatures coming together in bloody battle. I'm starting to like evil and psychopathic Riful of the West, who can be quite matter of fact about everything, even when some things are trying to eat her alive.

Also, with all the "and this creature is stronger than the previous ones" situations going on, I'm starting to fear that the last volume will feature a supremely powerful self-destruct button for the entire universe.
Wickedshizuku
Mar 03, 2016 Wickedshizuku rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Anime-planet.com
Starting off this volume with Chapter 90: A World Without Order.
Miria, Tabitha, and Galatea find out more about the organizations new weapons called the Abyss Feeders. This is a gruesome experiment gone all wrong that I assume is going to backfire.
Elsewhere Clair's group is on the trail of Riful, but they have to get past Dauf to speak to her. In the process Uma loses her leg and is left with Cynthia while Clair continues on. She finds the melded sisters Rafeala and Lucilea. Former top two claym
Dorin
Jul 20, 2016 Dorin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clare gets called to Rafaela, and then Alicia and Beth arrive on the scene. A very tense sequence follows, and it just keeps you on the edge. Great story-telling.
Merve Özcan
İki erkek vardı biri gitti, biri zaten süzme salak
.. Rafe olayı zaten mind fuck. Çok sıkılmaya başladım haaa. Sona atlıycam böyle giderse!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Well that was intense. And yet you like the story and want to keep reading. Good volume.
Anne Freya
This is so intense that I couldn't avert my eyes from the screen.
Aseel
I'm literally just chanting OHMYGOD at this point.
Maria Kelly
Feb 16, 2016 Maria Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crap is starting to get real. How powered up can these monsters go?
Kereesa
I really love this series.

The concept of friendship, though central to any shonan, is especially prevalent in this series. In some ways I like the bonds of friendship more than romance.

It's also more fun than romance. You can't yell at our girlfriend to get it together. But you can at your buddy Clare who's being an idiot.

I can't remember if that's every battle, or if I just like picking on her :P

Also, Helen, Denveve, you have my heart. Do with it as you will.

4.5/5
Ash
Dec 29, 2011 Ash rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-manga
FIVE SHINY YELLOW DIAMONDS.
This volume blew me away. I never commented out loud when I read a book as much as I did with this volume. I was HAAA.. NO CLARE... WHAT HAPPENED.
GOSH Raphaela thing and warriors 1 and 2 and how the volume ended. HOW THEY WILL EVEN SURVIVE. everything is a mess. It was AMAZING.
Dylan Murphy
Feb 11, 2015 Dylan Murphy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Ah man that was a damn good read!
Norihiro really takes the cake on making everything more intense and leaving the reader at the edge of your seat!
The new awakened being is intense, and with Beth and Alicia in their fix, I wonder what's going to happen!
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Whoa - I have a feeling that this battle is going to take a few volumes. Too bad I only have 18 to go before I have to wait for new material. And darn it, Vol 19 isn't due until NOVEMBER!

Full review to come at www.mangamaniaccafe.com
Lauren
Feb 10, 2016 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
What a dramatic series! Claire is such a strong female character and I loved to see how much she grew throughout the series. Her story was so tragic and heartbreaking along with everyone else's.
Burak
Aug 16, 2013 Burak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
İşler iyice çığrından çıkmaya başladı.

Detaylı yorum;

Katya
Oct 24, 2012 Katya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2012
Though the story is not on par with Berserk, I'm giving this more stars, simply because there aren't that many cocks per volume.
Amait
Dec 15, 2010 Amait rated it really liked it
same as my review for vol 16
Rachael
So intense o_O
Marta_Elwion
Marta_Elwion rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Toppi
Toppi rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Jan
Jan rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund, Vol. 3 (Dance in the Vampire Bund, #3)
  • Berserk, Vol. 28
  • Elfen Lied, Vol. 7 (Elfen Lied, #7)
Norihiro Yagi (八木 教広 Yagi Norihiro) is a Japanese manga writer and artist from Okinawa Prefecture. He started making manga in 1990.

Norihiro Yagi is a successful manga artist, having won the 32nd Akatsuka Award for his very first work, Undeadman. Undeadman appeared in Monthly Shōnen Jump and has had two sequels. Yagi's first serialized manga was his comedy-genre Angel Densetsu, which appeared in Mo
More about Norihiro Yagi...

クレイモア / Claymore (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Claymore, Vol. 1: Silver-eyed Slayer (Claymore, #1)
  • Claymore, Vol. 2: Darkness in Paradise (Claymore, #2)
  • Claymore, Vol. 3: Teresa of the Faint Smile (Claymore, #3)
  • Claymore, Vol. 4: Marked for the Death (Claymore, #4)
  • Claymore, Vol. 5: The Slashers (Claymore, #5)
  • Claymore, Vol. 6: The Endless Gravestones (Claymore, #6)
  • Claymore, Vol. 7: Fit for Battle (Claymore, #7)
  • Claymore, Vol. 8: The Witch's Maw (Claymore, #8)
  • Claymore, Vol. 9: The Deep Abyss of Purgatory (Claymore, #9)
  • Claymore, Vol. 10: The Battle of the North (Claymore, #10)