Start by marking “Baby Badger's Wonderful Night” as Want to Read:
Baby Badger's Wonderful Night

Baby Badger's Wonderful Night

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  59 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
“I don’t like the night,” Baby Badger whispered. Papa Badger took him by the hand. “There’s no need to be frightened,” he said. “The night is wonderful. Let me show you.”

Baby Badger is afraid of the night. It’s dark and lonely. But Papa Badger promises there is nothing to fear.

Together they take a nighttime walk, and Papa shows Baby the beautiful colors and shining stars,
Published May 10th 2011 by EgmontUSA (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Baby Badger's Wonderful Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Badger's Wonderful Night

Robert Beveridge
May 08, 2014 Robert Beveridge rated it really liked it
Karen Saunders, Baby Badger's Wonderful Night (Gullane, 2011)

Baby badger is scared of the dark until his father takes him for a walk in the woods and shows him the wonders of the night. A sedate, beautifully-illustrated little book that should enchant both toddlers and the adults reading it to them. Holds up to repeated reading very well, and the Bean is a big fan of it (but then he's a big fan of anything containing the moon these days, so take that as it comes). I quite like this one. ***
Candice
Jun 14, 2011 Candice rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sophie
Shelves: picture-books
A sweet book with lovely, soft illustrations, that is perfect for bedtime. Baby Badger is afraid of the night. Papa Badger knows all the right things to say to make his little one more secure. When Baby Badger comments on the scariness and the black of the night, Papa points out that there are other colors, too - like blue and purple and silver. Papa shows Baby the stars and when they see a shooting star, he tells Baby to make a wish. Soon Baby Badger tells Papa, "The night is magical. It's full ...more
Connie
Aug 31, 2015 Connie rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This little book is absolutely adorable! Even despite the inaccuracy that the north star is "the brightest star of them all."
Alice
Dec 16, 2014 Alice rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-25-stars
4.25 Stars cute book, great illustrations! I really liked this book!
Tricia
Jul 20, 2011 Tricia rated it liked it
"Soft" is the best word to describe the illustrations and tone of this book. Baby Badger is afraid of nighttime. Papa Badger patiently shows him the beauty of the night---from the stars to the rays of morning which calms him to sleep.
Hope
Jan 31, 2013 Hope rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Wonderful, soft, cute illustrations. Great and simple moral of the story, to not be afraid of nighttime. We especially loved that it was Baby and Papa, since those stories are harder to find. Very sweet.
Anastasia Tuckness
Jun 22, 2011 Anastasia Tuckness rated it really liked it
Sweet story about a badger who is afraid of the night until he spends a night with his dad. Soft text and illustrations--good bedtime book. Big enough images to use in storytime.
Ashleycarolhall O'Toole
Jan 09, 2012 Ashleycarolhall O'Toole rated it really liked it
I thought this was one of the nicest kids stories. LJ sat in my lap for the while thing! I loved the illustrations the pencil work was lovely!
Paula
Jan 30, 2012 Paula rated it liked it
Shelves: pic
Nice book for children with night time fear. Papa Badger shows Baby Badger the sights of nighttime.
Lindsey Fraser
Sep 29, 2011 Lindsey Fraser rated it it was amazing
A perfect bedtime story, gorgeous illustrations for a gentle, reassuring night-time experience.
Christen
Aug 22, 2011 Christen rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A warm and fuzzy read, great for storytime. The illustrations are soft and colorful.
Kate
Oct 20, 2011 Kate rated it really liked it
"There's no need to be afraid...the night's magical."
Stefani
Sep 15, 2011 Stefani rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-picture
Sweet and sleepy nighttime story.
Annabel
Dec 18, 2014 Annabel rated it it was amazing
Cute story
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Ecl  Storytellers
Ecl Storytellers rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2016
June
June rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Robin
Robin added it
Jan 02, 2016
Isaac
Isaac rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Smith Family
Smith Family rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2015
Jonathan Garner
Jonathan Garner rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2015
Wren Claudet
Wren Claudet rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Anna-Marie
Anna-Marie marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2015
Tracey
Tracey added it
Apr 26, 2015
Hiromi Torres
Hiromi Torres marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Dylan McHenry
Dylan McHenry rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
I’m a writer for children and teenagers. My books include the novel Me Suzy P and the picture book Baby Badger's Wonderful Night. I’ve written a lot of books too, ones that didn't have my name on, on all sorts of subjects. Things like mermaids, fairies, cars, teenagers, princesses and super heroes, plus heaps of other stuff I’ve probably forgotten.

Five Facts About Me:
1. I’m a walking disaster area
More about Karen Saunders...