Start by marking “Power of Awareness: New Edition Incorporating Neville's Later Notes” as Want to Read:
Power of Awareness: New Edition Incorporating Neville's Later Notes

Power of Awareness: New Edition Incorporating Neville's Later Notes

THE POWER OF AWARENESS allows those who rebelled against a regid religious upbringing to renew some of the images etched in their consciousness, only in a more loving, positive and universal way. Neville shows how change of consciousness is the critical factor in life, for consciousness is the only reality, the first and only cause-substance of the phenomena of life.
Published May 1st 1993 by DeVorss & Company (first published November 30th 1951)

To ask other readers questions about Power of Awareness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power of Awareness

David Geschke
Apr 24, 2012 David Geschke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, re-reading
FIRST READING FINISHED 7/12/12: One of the best books I've ever read. REALLY good and highly recommended!

REREAD 10/28/14: Still one of my favorite books. Create a burning desire for what you want, then act as though the wish is fulfilled. Believe it to be true to manifest whatever you're looking to get out of life. Short book, lots of thought provoking chapters.

THIRD READING 5/8/16: Well, it seems every two years I wind up reading this book. I first heard about it when I read Wayne Dyer's book "
Sheryl Valentine
I enjoyed reading this book. These days, I can only read what I am truly guided to read... and upon reading this book, I was amazed at how it touched on so much that is up-front with me right now. However, this ought not to be amazing... as when I read what I am truly guided to.... it speaks to me right here and now. thank you.
Noor Azzony
Apr 01, 2013 Noor Azzony rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you want to know the secret behind "The Secret" then this book is for you!
Nivelle wrote about the Secret long before the movie and the book were out... this no fluff book written in 1952 says it all... a life changing experience!
Wilma Reiber
Dec 29, 2012 Wilma Reiber rated it liked it
Neville Goddard lectured and wrote his books long before law of attraction became a buzz word and before the documentary The Secret and other publications came out. I found it refreshing to read about his thoughts without all of today's theories and hype. The case studies sound convincing. One story about a young man who imagined himself honorably discharged from the army turns out to be his own experience.
One thing or advice is repeated over and over: you have to act and feel like what you desi
Iona  Stewart
Aug 05, 2011 Iona Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Neville explains how you can consciously create your future by visualization and the power of assumption - by assuming that your wish is fulfilled and feeling as you would, were it fulfilled. Great book. He has a high level of consciousness. The book may be thought old-fashioned, having many references to the Bible. It appears that the content of the Bible expresses spiritual truths about abundance, creating your own reality, etc. in the form of metaphors.
Saiisha
I liked the book, but I didn't love it. It felt a little dated to me, but I can see how when it was originally published, this could have been a ground-breaking way to think, especially for the Western audiences. He talks about the Law of Assumption, which is similar to what's more popularly known as the Law of Attraction now.

I'm also aware that this is a favorite for many people, so this is just my 2 cents :)
Zack
Apr 13, 2009 Zack rated it it was amazing
This book is not one to read and review, instead to learn from day by day forever, at least that's how it seems right now, so I'm gonna put it in the "read" file. If I ever feel like writing a review of it, I will.
Heidi The Hippie Librarian
This is as easy to understand as new age thought gets. I find this particularly impressive because the book was originally published in 1952. Neville is timeless.
J.P. Hansen
Feb 23, 2013 J.P. Hansen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The wisdom contained in this book is amazing.
Carol
May 25, 2013 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!
Marisa Ring
Dec 12, 2013 Marisa Ring rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life-changingly good.
Jessi Payne
Mar 16, 2017 Jessi Payne rated it it was amazing
Being aware of your circumstances gives you the power to change things. This book shows you how in a simple yet sophisticated method.
Edgardo Santos
Dec 09, 2014 Edgardo Santos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting read

I enjoy this type of literature. It makes sense to me. But I learned to keep my thoughts and feelings to myself regarding this type of material. This new age stuff is controversial to some. The religious type say it's from the devil and the scholarly, intellectual type consider it crazy, crackpot literature. That won't stop me from reading and studying the works of a great philosopher like Goddard. This was a very interesting read. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Roma Khetarpal
Oct 12, 2014 Roma Khetarpal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm intrigued by any read that teaches positive psychology, self-understanding and the art of manifestation. This one has topped my list! First published in 1952, Neville took me through his profound, yet simple teachings with the utmost ease and interest. I was particularly impressed with the "Imagination" section. I've even gifted a copy to both my young adult kids.
Henry Beyer
Oct 02, 2012 Henry Beyer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book by Neville (Goddard). Many of the same ideas, but just as intriguing. A good book for anyone attracted to the idea of manifesting your future.
Claudius Odermatt
Neville does a great job at intellectually tackling that which mystics have been saying down the ages.
Sandra Brown
Aug 05, 2013 Sandra Brown rated it it was amazing
absolutely wonderful read started reading second time got side tracked; might read again another time
L
Nov 13, 2012 L rated it it was amazing
Clear message, very easy good read!!!!
Aseeya
Jan 19, 2010 Aseeya added it
everthing
Patty Olivarez
Nov 04, 2013 Patty Olivarez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How to awaken...then Read, "Your Faith is your Fortune"...this will blow your mind.
Em Saberon
Apr 10, 2013 Em Saberon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
"This one thing I do, forgetting those things that are behind, I press toward the mark."
Mark Bodenstein
I found this book to be rather a one trick pony, albeit quite a trick. The trick is using the link between imagination and reality to imagine what you desire so thoroughly that you make it so.
I believe the basic premise that reality is an expression of consciousness, of awareness. And I love the picture he paints of each of us being a fountain for the expression of that consciousness. But I had a problem with using that fact to create what we fervently desire without regard to any larger picture
Andrew Pupols
Mar 08, 2017 Andrew Pupols rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its an interesting book, that you can't just read it once, allow the words to sink in. It deals mostly how to increase your awareness, rise to a higher conscious state and the concept of your self and your marvelous power of your incredible imagination.

The next three sentences regarding change, are so powerful, everyone should know.

You must want to be different [and intend to be] before you can begin to change yourself.
Then you must make your future dream a present fact.
You do this by assuming
Xay Empie
Informative and interesting. It can be repetitive at times, but that's the point. The book aims to help drive its message home, which in turns helps the reader to incorporate the book's teaching/message into their life. It is a very simple text with a straightforward message - a good beginning to open the door into other books of this nature.
Kimberly Carlton
Esoteric yet extraordinary.
Karl
Jan 07, 2014 Karl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An empowering and transformative book written in the early 1950’s with truths that are just as powerful today as they were then.

The main premise put forth by Neville Goddard is that our thoughts create our reality. More specifically, by focusing our attention on our imagination and seeing ourselves as we wish to be, rather than how we are, we put into motion forces that will manifest our intention, “If you will not imagine yourself as other than what you are, then you remain as you are,…”

Nevill
Joe
Jul 28, 2016 Joe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very short book, it only took about 90 minutes to get through.

This shows that "The Secret" which was supposed to have uncovered ancient secret truths was clearly written about at least as early as the 1930's when Neville Goddards first book was published.

The book quotes the Bible in several places. My concern with this is that the author is interpreting things the way he wants to interpret them from an English translation that has already been translated from Latin which was translate
Mickey
May 01, 2016 Mickey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The power of awareness is centred around the 'law of assumption' and how you can use this law to change your future. There are a lot of these books around now but since this was written in the 50's I feel that it is far more authentic than some of the books out there that are of a similar nature. I have read some of those books and I have had to put them down half way through due to sounding too polished and commercially appealing to attract the likes of the Oprah Winfrey day time fan bases.

Dean
Jun 12, 2014 Dean rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-age, mysticism
I found this to be a unique book, since it seems to be a mix of Eastern philosophy (Advaita Vedanta, Monism), and American "New Thought". It was also written in the 1940's, which means it was before much was known of these thought systems in any case. It contains some excellent pointers and scriptural interpretations related to the idea that 'consciousness' or 'awareness' is all (and God). It is way ahead of its time in terms of this idea and the way it is explained. HOWEVER, this knowledge is t ...more
Jennifer Murray
Dec 22, 2015 Jennifer Murray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first half of this short book is very deep, but stick with it as it gets easier to absorb and the message becomes clear. The focus of the book is on the "Law of Assumption" - through faith, thinking positive, attention, awareness and visualization you manifest what it is you desire and aspire to be. The attitude, which you cultivate, truly is everything. The concept is very similar to the "Law of Attraction", which Neville Goddard also taught at the turn of the twentieth century. His insight ...more
  • Your Faith Is Your Fortune
  • Thought Vibration or the Law of Attraction in the Thought World
  • Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting
  • Three Magic Words: Key to Power, Peace and Plenty: The Key to Power, Peace and Plenty
  • Your Invisible Power: A Presentation of the Mental Science of Thomas Troward
  • Creative Mind and Success (Dover Empower Your Life)
  • Busting Loose from the Money Game: Mind-Blowing Strategies for Changing the Rules of a Game You Can't Win
  • The Way of Liberation
  • The Oxford History of the American People
  • Prosperity
  • The Aladdin Factor
  • Anne Hooper's Kama Sutra: Classic Lovemaking Techniques Reinterpreted for Today's Lovers
  • Double Your Dating
  • Pharmacy For the Soul: A Comprehensive Collection of Meditations, Relaxation and Awareness Exercises, and Other Practices for Physical and Emotional Well-Being
  • Working with the Law: 11 Truth Principles for Successful Living
  • In Tune with the Infinite
  • Angel Words: Visual Evidence of How Words Can Be Angels in Your Life
  • Follow Your Passion, Find Your Power: Everything You Need to Know about the Law of Attraction

“Assume the feeling of your wish fulfilled and observe the route that your attention follows.” 24 likes
“I will be” is a confession that “I am not “ The Father's will is always “I AM.” Until you realize that YOU are the Father (there is only one I AM and your infinite self is that I AM), your will is always “I will be.” 22 likes