Start by marking “Clifford Takes A Trip” as Want to Read:
Clifford Takes A Trip

Clifford Takes A Trip (Clifford the Big Red Dog)

4.18  ·  Rating Details ·  2,057 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Read all about Clifford's BIG ideas! Classic Clifford reissued!

It only takes a little to BE BIG!

Summer vacation means one thing--more time for Emily Elizabeth to play with Clifford! Until this summer, that is. Emily Elizabeth's family is going far away, so far that Clifford can't come. Or can he? Follow along as Clifford sniffs, swims, and tiptoes to find Emily Elizabeth--
Published January 1st 2011 by Cartwheel Books (first published 1966)

To ask other readers questions about Clifford Takes A Trip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clifford Takes A Trip

Krischelle
Dec 27, 2016 Krischelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My tiny human loves Clifford. What's not to love about a big red dog? That girl of his, though, doesn't have much sense. Good thing she has Clifford to rescue her!
Chad Olson
Jude book #254: Clifford tracks down the family on vacation.
Julie Barrett
Jan 16, 2015 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clifford Takes A Trip by Norman Bridwell
Audio version so I am not seeing the colorful pictures.
Emily has a dog, Clifford. It's the last day of school and she's happy that she'll be able to play with her dog.
Trips are hard to do with Clifford because of his big size. The year before they left him with a neighbor as the rest of the family was on a trip without him.
He set out to find them but he got into a lot of trouble....and you wonder if he will ever find them...
I received this book from Nation
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
We are huge Clifford fans in our home. I remember first falling in love with this fantastic big red dog when I was in second, and I absolutely love that Scholastic continues to introduce young readers to Clifford.

Clifford isn't one to be left behind, and when Emily Elizabeth and her family head out for a weekend camping trip, Clifford is heartbroken. He quickly finds himself making his way to Emily Elizabeth. Along the way Clifford ends up helping people who need it, including Emily. This is a
Jane
Clifford Takes a Trip is the tale of how Clifford found his family when they went on vacation without him. He helped a man on the way and didn't let a difficult trip stop him from finding his family and then saved the day and made new friends. All of these are good lessons to bring into a discussion about the story to the children after reading the book to them, making it a good learning experience.
Rosa Cline
Nov 11, 2016 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, camping
This is a 'classic' Clifford story. One of which I remember reading when I was a small child, loving it then and enjoying it now with my children and granddaughter.

Clifford is lonely when his family goes on a vacation camping. So he sets out looking for them. His adventures along the way and arriving in time to help Emily Elizabeth.
Rebecca
Jun 20, 2008 Rebecca rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Emily Elizabeth should know better than to play with bear cubs while she's camping, that's sure to make the mama bear angry. The part I really thought was strange though was that the mama bear suddenly turns nice because Clifford gives her babies back to her. Confusing, is the lesson to stay away from bears in the woods or to befriend them?
Ali
So I read another one of the cute kohl's cares books while it was slow at the register! this was was adorable! and I liked it more than the beach ball one! and it reminded me even more of my childhood, when I would watch and read clifford books! a great story! and such a fun book for kids! I hope one day that when I get married and have kids they will like clifford too!
Jan 15, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
This book would be a fabulous summer vacation book. The family goes on vacation and Cliffords tries to track them down, while going on his own andverntures. It would get students talking abot what they're doing for summer vacation.
Lauren
Sep 22, 2014 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Clifford books! Shows how strong the friendship is with Clifford and his family as he goes so far to find them. Fun book and shows how mother bears are protective and different people can be friends when they do the right thing
Pamela Powell
I remember my mom reading Clifford books to me when I was small. It's a delight to read them with my grandson. In this one, Clifford gets left behind when the family takes a trip. But Clifford decides to catch up with them.
Andd Becker
Feb 25, 2013 Andd Becker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emily Elizabeth tells about last year, when Clifford stayed with a neighbor.
Clifford's journey reveals the persistence and loyalty of EE's beloved dog.
Sydney Foster
Feb 23, 2015 Sydney Foster rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I was little, Clifford was my favorite show and I loved the books. This is a great book for children and has wonderful illustrations. It really goes to show the close bonds that families value.
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 14610 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 2.0 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, RV, VP
Jaime Contreras
The typical family road trip takes on a different meaning when Clifford goes along. This was funny and full of accidents. I read this while waiting in a doctor's office.
Angela Hutchinson
The family is going on a trip, but they leave Clifford behind. Clifford gets depressed and sets out to find his family. I read this to students during a small reading groups.
Bradley
Reviewing kiddie books is fun. I truly want my son to love books. He paid some attention to this one. =)
Beth
Jun 01, 2010 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Clifford will no longer be left home from family vacations after he saved Emily Elizabeth from a mama bear.
Ana
Ana rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2015
Allison Hoskins
Allison Hoskins rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2013
Caesarea Poumale
Caesarea Poumale rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2014
Jenna
Jenna rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2008
Nicola England
Nicola England rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2014
Christine Halbert
Christine Halbert rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Alexis
Alexis rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2013
Josephine Baewer
Josephine Baewer rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
Teresa Schroeder
Teresa Schroeder rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2013
Adama
Adama rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2014
Minerva
Minerva rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Michelle Wolfsong
Michelle Wolfsong rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2014
  • The Berenstain Bears' Trouble with Pets
  • Teach Us, Amelia Bedelia
  • Franklin Fibs
  • Arthur's Christmas (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Curious George Flies a Kite
  • The Best Teacher Ever
  • Bravo, Amelia Bedelia!
  • Dora Goes to School (Dora the Explorer, #8)
  • Dora's Book of Manners (Dora the Explorer, #5)
  • Dogs Don't Wear Sneakers
  • Froggy Eats Out
Norman Bridwell is an American author and cartoonist, best-known for the Clifford the Big Red Dog series of children's books. Bridwell attended John Herron School of Art in Indianapolis, Indiana. He currently resides on Martha's Vineyard, MA, where he continues to write an average of two books a year.

More about Norman Bridwell...

Clifford the Big Red Dog (1 - 10 of 70 books)
  • Clifford the Big Red Dog
  • Clifford Gets a Job
  • Clifford's Halloween
  • Clifford's Tricks (Clifford)
  • Clifford The Small Red Puppy