Meant to Be

Meant to Be (Time Travel Romance)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  226 ratings  ·  16 reviews
When Ted and Megan board the Amtrak, the last thing they expect is to be thrown back into the past. As if that isn't bad enough, the people insist that they marry at once! But Ted and Megan don't even know each other, and despite their protests, the preacher announces them man and wife. This romantic comedy takes a light-hearted look at time travel and the joy of finding u...more
Published July 26th 2009 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Meant to Be, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meant to Be

J.R.
Author Ruth Ann Nordin’s latest book, “Meant To Be” is a fun, quick read. The tale centers around strangers Ted Jacob and Megan Crane, who, while headed on a west-bound train, find themselves trapped in Fargo, North Dakota in April 1898 after the theft of a time travel device.

Needless to say, those in 1898’s Fargo are just as surprised at the sight of Ted and Megan as Ted and Megan are to see them. Unfortunately, Megan is thought to be a prostitute; a local preacher is called to wed the couple i...more
Judy
Meant to Be by Ruth Ann Nordin
Time Travel Series Book 1
Ted Jacob works for Jacob Innovative Creations. He answers the phone and helps disgruntled customers. As soon as someone hears his name, they assume he is related. He's not. Ted is getting ready to go on a trip with his friend Amanda. Well they were friends, ever since they started dating it don't seem like they are as close. He is seeing how needy she is. At thirty-three he is starting to feel the pressure to be married.

Megan Crane is on th...more
SheLove2Read
Jan 04, 2010 SheLove2Read rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: western time travel lovers
Shelves: 2010
Not bad. It took me awhile to warm up to the heroine Megan. Very self centered and foolish but as I read, I tried to put myself in her place. She's been somehow sent back to the past with a stranger, accused of being a prostitute and then forced to marry him by the puritanical matriarchs of the town they land in. She doesn't know how to cook, let alone cook on a primitive wood stove. She's a pampered modern woman who misses her Starbucks and internet. I can see how she'd freak out just a little,...more
Charlotte Hawkins
I usually don't read time-travel books, but I've read Ruth's books before, so I was willing to take a chance, and I was very happy I did. This was a fun read and I recommend picking it up.

Ted and Megan, two modern people, are accidentally thrown back in time. In 1898, they are forced into marriage and have to learn how to get along until they can find a way to get back to the future. But they didn't count on falling in love along the way.

I liked Ted because he wasn't a typical dommineering male....more
Paula Freda
"Meant To Be" is a warm, sensitive and enjoyable read. I was hooked from the beginning. Ruth Ann Nordin has an undeniable wit, along with a deep, sincere understanding of human nature, that she successfully weaves through her stories, both short and long. I like the way she places her characters in specific situations and let's them work it out. A time travel romance, what I liked most about this book, was how the author showed the difference in men and women's attitude towards each other in the...more
Cheryl
Cole Hunter and Blake Landon created the TLC Time Machine. They have just signed a contract with Jacob Innovative Creations. Cole has other plans. Why let someone else make all the money when it should be him. Cole steals the LC time machine device and makes off with it.

Ted Jacob and his fiance, Amanda were travelling by train to Montana. On the same train was Megan Crane and her fiance, Mike. Megan gets sperated from Mike. She heads off to find him in the arms of another woman. Megan is walkin...more
Curse of the Bibliophile
Meant to be had some enjoyable characters that you could relate to. I personally loved Megan's character and though at times I felt she overreacted I realized that if I was in her position I probably would have been freaking out a lot worse. This book brought a lot of smiles to my face and plenty of laughter. There were also a few sweet moments, but mostly there was a lot of frustrated characters and one chuckling reader.

The author used time travel as a means to bring two people, who otherwise w...more
Connie Taylor
A fun easy time travel book. Another hit for Ms Nordin.
Landy Jimenez
Really was ready to k!ll Esther omg she was driving me crazy all through the story. I like the over all plot but could have lived without all the marriage is good and a woman duty is this or that over and over again.
Cherry
Time travel. What's not to love? Oh, I know. A town of people who believe the worst of a woman because she's wearing shorts. A village who condemns a man to marriage because the lady is wearing shorts.
Jade Coulter
suka bgt deh sama novel ini. Ada SAM, MoC, ada time travelnya segala.
bagian yang palig lucu itu, pas Megan disangka prostitute cuma gara2 pake short sama kalo ga salah tanktop apa kaos ya?
Shelley Chastagner
Sweet and funny. The characters are likable. The story line holds your attention. Great for a rainy weekend or vacation read. A couple of romantic scenes make this an adult read.
Alison
Another extremely enjoyable book by Ms.Norton. It was a fun and fast read.
Jody
A time travel destiny story that mixs in the old west. Very MacFly!
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Mary E
Mary E is currently reading it
Aug 19, 2014
Emily Griffin
Emily Griffin marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Mary William
Mary William marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Marlenna M.
Marlenna M. is currently reading it
Jul 30, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
  • Unlawfully Wedded Bride
  • The Borrowed Bride (Seavers Brides, #1)
  • Train Station Bride
  • Their Frontier Family (Wilderness Brides, #1)
  • Mail-Order Christmas Brides: Her Christmas Family\Christmas Stars for Dry Creek
  • The Bride Price (Civil War Brides, #1)
  • The Earl's Untouched Bride
  • The Dutiful Rake
  • Tame A Wild Bride (Wild, #3)
  • Letter of Love
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
  • The Bride Wore Spurs (Inconvenient Brides, #1)
  • Mail Order Mama (Brides of Beckham, #2)
  • Beguiling Bridget (Waltzing with the Wallflower, #2)
  • Marriage of Inconvenience
  • A Brooding Beauty (Wedded Women Quartet, #1)
  • The Bedeviled Bride
  • Deceived
What's to say? I write a lot. I read often. I sleep little. Once in awhile, I've been known to clean the house. A number of kids live in my house and there's this guy they call dad and I call husband. All in all, it's a pretty good life. :-)
More about Ruth Ann Nordin...
The Earl's Inconvenient Wife (Marriage By Scandal, #1) A Bride for Tom (Nebraska Historicals #1) A Husband for Margaret (Nebraska Historicals #2) Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Historicals #3) A Chance In Time (Native American Romance prequel)