Start by marking “Christmas Scandal...Not!” as Want to Read:
Christmas Scandal...Not!

Christmas Scandal...Not!

2.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  138 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Eccentric spinster sisters Elf and Ally cannot keep their noses out of the way when someone, anyone, needs help or comfort. Elf, with her sharp mind, and Ally, with her soft heart, will arrive as quickly as horses can get them there. Enjoy more romantic adventures with Elf and Ally in Runaway Scandal and House of Scandal.
ebook, Scintillating Samples, 24 pages
Published November 13th 2009 by Cerridwen Press (first published April 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Scandal...Not!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Scandal...Not!

Cathy
I hate doing this but I can't give even one star to this short story.
It was free for my Kindle and that's the only good thing about. It was a silly story of a boy, about age 14, who shows up on the doorstep of two, I assume elderly, sisters. He believes his mother and her new bethrothed are planning to do away with him and he asks for sanctuary. He won't tell his name. So they let him stay, figure out who his mother is, and reunite them.
Nothing in the story to recommend it.
Kirsten
Fun little story, nothing exceptional. Read in half an hour...just a few pages long.
Kathryn Parry
Aug 04, 2015 Kathryn Parry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Not a bad Christmas story for a freebie.
Lori Crane
This is a cute short story. I enjoyed the descriptions of the scenes and liked the characters of Elf and Ally. Elf, short for Elphinia, is the most clever of names for a holiday book.

If you need a little something to pass the time, this may be the perfect couple hours for you. It is an easy read with likable characters. I was a little disappointed in the plot. Even short stories need a good plot, which this book is lacking. Nevertheless, it provided nice relaxation time by the fire with a hot c
Lucina
0.5 Stars

german review

Eigentlich hatte ich eine Regency-Liebesgeschichte erwartet, aber ich wurde enttäuscht. Eine Liebesgeschichte sucht man bei "Christmans Scandal...Not!" vergeblich! Es geht im Prinzip nur um zwei verarmte Schwestern, die einen ausgerissenen Jungen bei sich aufnehmen und herauszufinden versuchen welche Geschichte sich hinter ihm verbirgt. Wirklich öde, trotz der Kürze der Geschichte.
Caro
Oct 06, 2013 Caro rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
This was a sweet short story and a freebie. It was good, but not really a romance. More of just a quick story that's for something to read or passing the time. I liked it but it didn't pull me in. I kept waiting for the shoe to drop (like a suspense or mystery), however this is not one and the ending was a little endearing and cute. Good Luck
Terri Pray
Jan 11, 2014 Terri Pray rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
22 pages - fast read - but didn't engage at all.
Judy
Nov 25, 2012 Judy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is just a very short story where a young boy runs away and is taken in by two older women. He refuses to tell them who he is, only that Elf had promised if she could do anything to help...she would.
Nov 14, 2013 Jennifer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh..my..god this book sucked so badly!!! I for one am so glad it was as short as it was so I didn't have to suffer through it for too long, because I would have stopped reading it if it were longer.
KyBunnies
This was a very interesting short story. I though it was well written and enjoyed reading it. I look forward to more stories by this author.
Shannon
A nice and tidy little story. The sisters are good kind-hearted people. Not exactly my cup of tea but well written none the less.
Serena
Apr 01, 2016 Serena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday, romance-mf
My Rating System:
Kami Dodson-Perry
It was a freebie & a waste of time to read. Not a particularly bad story but nothing remarkable or memorable.
Sally906
Sweet little novellete - two ladies come to the rescue of a lost boy at Christmas time
Chanpreet
I can't help but wish this was longer so I wouldn't feel so lost while reading this.
Lisa Synuria
different then my usual reads. I rather enjoyed it being different then my usual reads.
Lisa
Aug 06, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short story, cute but VERY short
Melanie
Oct 16, 2011 Melanie rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
:) Not the best, but not terrible.
Rachel
Apr 23, 2013 Janice marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
kindle
sony
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Keith Soares
Keith Soares marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Debee Sue
Debee Sue marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Virginia Nielsen
Virginia Nielsen rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Eril
Eril marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Tracey
Tracey rated it it was ok
Mar 01, 2016
Nappunkkomah Lim
Nappunkkomah Lim rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2016
  • Message for Minerva (Garland of Druids, #9)
  • Goodbye Blues, Hello Love
  • City of Sin
  • Door Prize
  • Larkspur (Flowers of Camelot #5)
  • Waiting at Eros
  • The Next Big Thing
  • Peak Energy
  • Discovering Sofia
  • Stockholm Seduction
  • Hot Moon Rising
  • My Christmas Wish
  • Reaper's Justice (WesternWind #7.5)
  • The Judge Who Stole Christmas
  • Spirit Lifter (Phantom Lovers #4)
  • Haunted by the Past
  • Song of the Swan
  • Interlude in Pearl (Pearl #2.5)
Jeanne Savery has lived and travelled in Great Britain with her spouse, an American Professor of British Politics. An American herself, she is descended from the English (via her father) and the Scots (via her mother).

She first read the Regency Romances of Georgette Heyer while living in Sidcup, Kent. She reread them while living in Whitstable, Kent. The dialogue was charming, but the detail was f
More about Jeanne Savery...