Start by marking “Devils' Due (StarCraft II, #2)” as Want to Read:
Devils' Due (StarCraft II, #2)

Devils' Due (Starcraft II #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  241 ratings  ·  13 reviews
It was at times like this that Jim Raynor, former marine lance corporal, proud citizen of the Confederacy and erstwhile farm boy, felt most alive. At the speed at which he was urging the vulture, the wind cooled his face so that the oppressive heat vanished. He felt like a wolf hunting down prey, except the purpose of today's adventure was not the death of a living being b ...more
Published April 12th 2011 by Gallery

To ask other readers questions about Devils' Due, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devils' Due

Devon
I have a strange relationship with franchise tie-in novels. They seem to suffer from strange maladies, sometimes of writing and craft, sometimes of plot and character. I don't often read them, but sometimes I'll feel tempted because I've been given a book to read, or one will tickle my fancy against my better judgement. In the case of Devil's Due, my brother ended up with an extra copy and gave it to me, thinking I'd like to get some StarCraft backstory and find it a fun, light read.

He wasn't w
William Bentrim
Apr 11, 2011 William Bentrim rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teenage gamers
Devil’s Due by Christie Golden

A space opera with old fashioned riders of the sage feel, this books provides lightweight entertainment.

Considering how many people love this series I know I am going to tread on some toes. The book was entertaining but seems more suitable for a graphic novel. The characters were more like silhouettes than people. I felt they lacked depth.

One of the best parts of the book was the afterword that gave an overview of the series and a timeline. That was interesting an
William Bentrim
Devil’s Due by Christie Golden

Alexander
Cheryl
Jim Raynor and Tychus may have just hit their biggest’s mark yet...a Confederate cargo train. Jim and Tychus make off with heir goods including Confederate credits and a Jukebox.

To be honest, I am a computer game junkie. Though, I have not played the Starcraft games as much as Diablo or World of Warcraft. So, what drew me to this book was first the cover, I thought it was cool looking, second…the fact that it is based around the game, and third…I read the book summary and thought it sounded goo
Andrius Virbičianskas
If you're familiar with Starcraft universe and, specifically, with Jim Raynor and Tychus Findlay, I can promise that you will laugh your ass off. Personally I couldn't stop laughing half the book.

Then came the second half... And everything became much darker and gloomier, but it was still enjoyable. The only thing that bugged me through out the book was somewhat rushed story. Two or three book series would have been so much nicer.

P.S. For full enjoyment, read Heaven's Devils first - references
Casey Hodges
The sequel to an unnecessary back-story of Jim Raynor, and Tychus Findlay. It ties up the lose ends from the first book, in order to smoothly lead into Starcraft II. However, the opening chapters renders a lot of the previous book pointless. It definitely felt like two different ideas were being presented between the two books. This could be caused by the different authors, or Blizzard changed their minds about the direction of the story.
Ivan Leong
This is part 2 of Jim Raynor's and Tychus Findlay's adventures. Really fun book to read since. I especially like how the book contains some artwork in the middle.
**SPOILERS***This was such a fun book to read its a shame there will not be a part 3 since Tychus is no longer alive in Starcraft 3.
Debbie
I have to like Jim Raynor.That being said, no one else is likeable.Their carousing is overboard and sickening, and overdone "boys will be boys " type deal.
It was a quick entertaining read. Once again , missing love.
Jesse Lehrer
It was amusing...but not much beyond that. The writing is SO CORNY and bad it is just plain hilarious. Worth the read if you want to laugh and enjoy the starcraft world. Not worth the read if you don't like campy junk.
Mohammed
Predictable at times but nonetheless fun and enjoyable. The camaraderie between Raynor and Findlay is just mesmerizing. Highly recommended. 4/5
Alan Ortega
It was a good background story of Jim Rayner and Tychus findlay's relationship but a very simple story
Micheal Pinkney
Excellent
Bryant Giles
Bryant Giles marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Garrett Tucker
Garrett Tucker marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Riley Barnitz
Riley Barnitz marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Trucidar
Trucidar marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Delta Esse
Delta Esse is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2014
Dia
Dia marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Zerataizumi
Zerataizumi marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Marion Freeman
Marion Freeman marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
  • Heaven's Devils (StarCraft II, #1)
  • Starcraft: I, Mengsk
  • Starcraft: Spectres (Starcraft: Ghost Series #2)
  • Nova (StarCraft: Ghost, #1)
  • Queen of Blades (Starcraft)
  • Liberty's Crusade (StarCraft, #1)
  • Speed of Darkness (StarCraft, #3)
  • Uprising (Starcraft, #0.5)
  • Shadow of the Xel'Naga (Starcraft, #2)
  • Coalition's End (Gears of War, #4)
  • The Veiled Prophet (Diablo: The Sin War, #3)
  • Halo: Blood Line
  • Mass Effect: Retribution (Mass Effect, #3)
  • Borderlands #2: Unconquered
  • Infernal Sky (Doom #3)
Award-winning author Christie Golden has written over thirty novels and several short stories in the fields of science fiction, fantasy and horror. She has over a million books in print.

2009 will see no fewer than three novels published. First out in late April will be a World of Warcraft novel, Athas: Rise of the Lich King. This is the first Warcraft novel to appear in hardcover. Fans of the youn
More about Christie Golden...
Omen (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, #2) Arthas: Rise of the Lich King (World of Warcraft #6) Allies (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, #5) Rise of the Horde (World of WarCraft, #2) Lord of the Clans (WarCraft, #2)