Start by marking “Curran, Vol. I (Curran POV, #1)” as Want to Read:
Curran, Vol. I  (Curran POV, #1)

Curran, Vol. I (Curran POV #1)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  15,962 Ratings  ·  432 Reviews
Not short story, novella, or standalone, but collection of scenes written by Gordon Andrews as a companion to our Kate Daniels series of books. These scenes illustrate the point of view of Curran, the Beast Lord of Atlanta and are provided in gratitude to our readers for all of their support.
Nook, 28 pages
Published July 21st 2010 by Ilona Andrews

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostFirst Grave on the Right by Darynda JonesOne Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene FrostUndead and Unwed by MaryJanice DavidsonDestined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Best Funny Paranormal Romances
92nd out of 617 books — 1,385 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareCity of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
What We've Read So Far In 2011
204th out of 5,388 books — 1,450 voters

More lists with this book...

Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
Needless to say, the scene in Unicorn Lane is my favorite. I like Curran and getting to see things from his point of view is pretty nice.

She crouched with her hand out. What the hell was she doing...
"Here, kitty, kitty, kitty."
Oh my God, she was retarded and I was going to kill Jim.
Aug 29, 2011 Lora rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, urban-fantasy
Curran's POV Vol 1 is a free, online collection of four short scenes from Curran's POV set in the Kate Daniels series. There is one scene for each of the first four books in the series.

The first scene is when Curran and Kate first meet. It was definitely interesting to read his initial thoughts about Kate. And if you thought the "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty" thing was funny in Magic Bites, just wait until you read Curran's reaction to it. That had me rolling.

The second is when Kate is injured and
Liz* Fashionably Late

I love all things Curran and his POV was perfect. Exactly how I had imagined him.
Dec 27, 2013 valee rated it liked it

While I enjoyed reading things from Curran's POV, I don't thing it changed anything. We could see how he felt in all the books clearly even though things were from Kate's POV. The author had a way of letting us know how Curran felt. So I felt I didn't really need this book. But it was nice at the same time. I enjoyed it because it was short, but it felt like reading the same things over again.

I love Curran but this book helped me realize that it is because of Kate that I love this serie

Here, kitty, kitty ... <3 <3 <3

Oct 02, 2010 Marissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, novella-short
Loved these of course, but my greedy mind wants an entire book in Currans POV!
Jun 24, 2012 Claire rated it it was ok
When I first saw this, I was excited to get a glimpse of what Curran was thinking during key moments with Kate. I know this wasn't written by Ilona, so I didn't expect her writing style. I also knew they would more like snippets of a plot instead of the full story. However, I did expect good writing, and unfortunately, this didn't deliver. I get that it's a free story, but would it be too much to expect that it would be proof read? There were typographical errors galore. In addition, and this ma ...more
Dec 28, 2012 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it
Whether or not she knew it, Kate was mine now and I would save her or die trying.

I loved reading scenes from Curran's POV! Just wish there were more. I think the scene with Curran feeding Kate the chicken soup, and the weighty implications behind that act was my favorite.
Renégade ♥
4 1/2 stars

Excerpt from Unicorn Lane
(Scene from "Magic Bites")

(view spoiler)
Jun 22, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
This volume contains quite a few different Curran POV's that slot in around the first 4 books in the Kate Daniels series:

Magic Bites POV:
Unicorn Lane - see Kate and Curran's first meeting through his eyes

Magic Burns POV:
Soup - Curran's side of the story when he offers food to an injured Kate

Magic Strikes POV:
Midnight Games - Curran's reaction when he finds out exactly what Kate and the others are up to

Magic Bleeds POV:
Conclave - What Curran thought when he arrived at Conclave and found Kate all
A tiny yet enjoyable little tidbit. I liked it but considering that it didn't exactly add anything to the original story, just told it from a different point of view, I didn't rate it as highly. Still recommended for any Kate Daniels fans. :)
Jan 21, 2013 Kathleen rated it it was ok
I want to say 3 stars, but I just don't see it. Curran goes with the Kate Daniel's series, written primarily by Ilona Andrews. Her husband Gordon wrote this. I first read the series through book 5, then I bought this little piece, to avoid spoiling the stories. However, it is fine to read it after book 4, since it has a scene, told from Curran's POV, from events that took place in books 1-4 (or skip it -- it adds nothing to the series, plot wise).

About 33 pages in length, and self-published, i
Peep (Pop! Pop!)
Although I love, love, love Curran, I don't think I liked being inside his head. It was funny and pretty awesome seeing his POV for some of my favorite scenes in Kate's books. I guess I got used to Kate's thoughts and not so much Curran and his very short thoughts.

Curran makes me smile every time he appears in a scene! I loved hearing his reasoning for the soup. You know, I was wondering why he held the bowl and looked at it for a while! That part made me smile all over again.

One of my favorite
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
This isn't really a short story, it is a POV from Curran for each book tha tis currently out (Magic Bites, Magic Burns, Magic Strikes, & Magic Bleeds) my fave was Magic Strikes where he is trying to talk his way out of the cage and also Magic Bites when he first sees Kate. I loved seeing those scenes from his POV!
Maya  ~the Pessimistic Happy Cat~
Aug 31, 2013 Maya ~the Pessimistic Happy Cat~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, pnr
“She crouched with her hand out. What the hell was she doing…
"Here, kitty, kitty, kitty."
Oh my God, she was retarded and I was going to kill Jim.”
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
Unicorn Lane

Ever wonder what was going on in Curran's head when Kate crouched down and said, "Here kitty, kitty, kitty," when they first met? Here you go.

And who could forget the notorious feeding of soup? NOT ME. Not only is it fantastic to know what Curran is thinking when he tricks Kate into accepting his suit, but you get to see his distress over the state of her health that put her in a position to be fed soup in the first place. Maybe my favorite of the POVs.

Midnight Games

This one cove
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Jul 27, 2015 Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ rated it really liked it
This collection of scenes are from Curran's POV which is very interesting and unique too. Curran is probably my favorite character from Kate Daniels Series but I couldn't put my finger on why until I read these scenes. Now I understand why he's a fan favorite. Seeing Kate through his eyes was a real eye opener for me. I'm considering giving the series another try. Alot of my GR friends told me that I would come to love Kate I'm finding that isn't necessarily true for me. My favorite heroines are ...more
I love reading other perspectives for my favorite books (I mean I have read several books about Pride and Prejudice written from Darcy's perspective!)

This has little snippets from Curran's POV from Magic Bites, Magic Burns, Magic Strikes, and Magic Bleeds. Each reveals just a bit more about Curran's reasoning, and fills in some of those holes that occur the first person character isn't present for a time period.

Seriously, if you love the Kate Daniels series AT ALL you need to read this. Besides
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Really, it's a 3.5 star. Since no half stars, it's truncated to 3 stars. I love Curran. It's fascinating reading from his point of view. I like that Gordon's the one writing the story. Curran is a kick ass shifter and his perspective gives me an added layer which pulls me into this world even more.
Jan 13, 2011 Stacey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Curran's POV was absolutely fantastic!!! And being able to read his POV after finishing books 1-4 was all the better. Such a great, great character. :)
Jan 10, 2012 Leyoh rated it it was amazing
Curran comes in a very close second to my fiance in my 'favourite men ever' list. I'll be honest, some days he is first. Anything Curran related gets a 5 star from me.
Nov 18, 2013 Jonetta rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
You think you know what's going on with Curran and then this gives you a different spin on some of the pivotal moments through Magic Strikes. I loved it.
Bah! If only I could have more Curran point-of-view stories, the world would be a better place ;)
Apr 14, 2013 Maggie rated it really liked it
Recommended to Maggie by: Carla
Shelves: 2013
Forget diamonds. I want a bowl of soup!
Tania J
Oct 23, 2016 Tania J rated it it was amazing
Curran...That is all. ...more
Melissa Hayden
Feb 23, 2013 Melissa Hayden rated it really liked it
Oh it's wonderful reading Curran's view. He's such a perfect match for Kate it's unreal. I love Curran's banter with Kate. He has me constant smiling while reading them again, and from Curran's POV, just as brilliant.

This is definitely a collection to read AFTER the books. It's wonderful to go back and read these and remember. Actually, it makes me want to go back and re-read the series as I loved it that much.

Each book has a Curran view here:
Magic Bites:
When Curran first meets Kate in Unicorn L
Aug 29, 2015 Quinn rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading Curran's POV. Loved these lines from when they first met in Unicorn Lane:

The scared hovered at the edge, the stupid died not far from it. I was here to meet someone, and if she made it far enough to find me, I would know she was neither.

So not a mouse after all, but something more. This could be interesting. I'd let her dance in the dirt a bit more. She was find to watch.
She crouched with her hand out. What the hell was she doing...
Oh my God,
Feb 21, 2011 Sho rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
If you are a fan of the Kate Daniel series this is a must. If you haven't read any of them, go read now! and come back to this book. I have been reading Curran's POV on the authors' web site, but to see them all compiled in one book was wonderful.

This book gives an exellent look behind what goes on in Curran's mind when Kate does one of those crazy things. I loved them. It is not absolutely necessary to read them to understand Curran, but it's a good clean fun.

Acutally, you know I seriously won
Sep 05, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
I LOVE Curran so I was excited to get inside his head and see some of the pivotal scenes from the series from his POV. This free ebook contains scenes from each of the first four books in the series (Magic Bites, Magic Burns, Magic Strikes & Magic Bleeds) and I would recommend reading each one after the book in question.

I always wanted to know what went through Curran's head when he first met Kate (remember the "Here kitty, kitty, kitty" line?) and it was just as funny as I thought it would
Barbara ★
I thought I loved Curran before getting a slight glimpse into his psyche. Now I know his thoughts and it's love...OMG he is just fabulous.

The first time Kate meets the Beastlord, she actually said "here kitty kitty". I thought Curran was gonna eat her. haha. His reaction was priceless..."Oh my god, she's retarded." It's a wonder they ever get together with him repeatedly thinking she's an idiot, retarded and stupid. It's definitely love! I loved Curran's thoughts on Kate's impulsiveness. Kate k
How to read Curran POVs? 6 81 Sep 14, 2015 01:58PM
  • Magic Gifts (Kate Daniels, #5.4)
  • Magic Graves (Night Huntress, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #0.5)
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
One half of the team behind best-selling author Ilona Andrews .
More about Gordon Andrews...

Curran POV (8 books)
  • Fathers and Sons (Curran POV, #2)
  • Kate's Daddy (Curran POV, #3)
  • Curran; Magic Strikes Hot Tub Scene (Curran POV, #4)
  • Curran; Fernando's (Curran POV, #5)
  • Curran; On the Day of the Panty Dinner: Part 1 (Curran POV, #6)
  • Curran; Naked Dinner: Part 1 and 2 (Curran POV, #7)
  • Curran Prequel POV (part 1) (Curran POV, #8)

“She crouched with her hand out. What the hell was she doing…
"Here, kitty, kitty, kitty."
Oh my God, she was retarded and I was going to kill Jim.”
“But she was funny sometimes, and never boring. God, it would almost be worth it to see her face when she realized that I had saved her ass again.
Actually it was quite a nice ass, come to think of it. In fact, my memory of the ass and its owner seemed to be remarkably clear.”